Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Why do Import drivers love this site?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ss1129
I just that you could be in the middle of a good thread and it gets hijacked and thrown way off track
Do you converse with people in the real world? 9 times out of 10 it happens to any good conversation. I agree it can get annoying, but just like in the real world... people don't typically hover over one specific topic.... the conversation and threads progress......

Just my opinion, but it doesn't seem to me that this particular portion of the forum has to be LS1 specific....it seems like a great place to discuss other cars.

And just so everyone knows... the roots of this board was to be LS1 specific. The founders were tired of the lack of technical knowledge, or technical information sharing on the other LS1 site, so they rebelled and created this site, to speak specifically on LS1 related topics, and LS1 Tech! If you wanted to talk about other crap, that was what the other website was for. They structured the forums in such a way so that all you can talk about was LS1's and related topics. If your responses or threads didn't fit... they were deleted.

It's obviously progressed a little further than that as we now have this kills/racing forum.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skarecrow
I love to yell "damn forign cars!" when something on the TA breaks.

<edit> Rest of post wasn't directed at you meent

History is complicated, but here's the quick and dirty version. England was a world power long before america was, and for a much longer period of time as well. America was really only recognized as a world power proper coming out of WWII (although an arguement can be made for post-WWI as well), and then only because of two things: Population and Natural resources. Prior to that time the best forign policy we had were bluffs like the monroe doctrine. Really, after the war of 1812 (which I might remind you the british were pretty merrily razeing washington DC until a hurricane showed up), England and the US put aside their differences and realized they had more in common than not. Like a hatred of the French. England had our back for a hundred years prior to us getting their back in the WWs, and that's why nobody messed with us up till that point, not because our military were such badasses in 1875 or something.

So if you're going to pick on a country instead of presenting logical, well-thought out arguements, at least don't pick on one of our best friends, ok?

Aston-martins rock btw.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Maybe we are here because we drive STIs or EVOs every day and just have LS1s for the weekends? Seeing that we drive these bad *** imports all week long some times we have people that want to play so we cant help but kick the crap out of them. Unless we have cars take a 6 car length run at us. lol I just love how some people try to put others into a class by what they are driving. So I am a ricer on the week days and a mulet on the weekends. Oh and I am a big hick because I have a thirdgen. lol Maybe its because true performance guys like all performance cars and not a certain make.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
Should be going to collect my new toy, sorry car next week. I'll give ya a clue, it's big has 16 push rods, 8 cylinders, circa 350bhp and is made in America
umm oh god I KNOW THIS!! umm, umm, ummm... WHAT IS *****?
Old 09-22-2005, 09:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I just like the best bang for the buck. Which imports tend not to provide...along with styling.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
I do I do, July 4th 1776 completed the owange that England suffered at the hands of a bunch of farmers. Oops sorry about that.
not to be a dick, but history books show it was signed July 3rd, and it began the ownage of England ...and for what its worth, Shawn, worthless thread, do you seriously think that you are going to get rid of all the non ls1 owners on this site, if anything, you are bringing more in to get jokes on your moronic ***....so STFU..your an idiot
Old 09-22-2005, 09:23 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by shawnmce2
Thank you for proving my point you coward.....just like I said....you totally go around the challange....tell you what...your in England right? The lapdog of America?...you know....we go somewhere and you guys always follow us like little bitches?....why don't you try to think outside the box...and take the challange or are you too scared?
Has anyone told you that your a tool? I have a 4cyl and Im on here all of the time. From what I have seen, your just a punk *** with a LS1. So, what do you have done to your car? Stock??? Or do you have some F&F stickers that add 50hp Where do you live? You should come out so we can see what your LS1 has in it
Old 09-22-2005, 09:27 AM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by BLACKTURBOS2K
Has anyone told you that your a tool? I have a 4cyl and Im on here all of the time. From what I have seen, your just a punk *** with a LS1. So, what do you have done to your car? Stock??? Or do you have some F&F stickers that add 50hp Where do you live? You should come out so we can see what your LS1 has in it
Yep, I called him a dick on page 1 I think.

If I remember his comments on annother thread, he has a Lingenfelter in his garage, just ask him.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:34 AM
Bad Trader (Louis H)

I had a 2000 Z28 LS1 I have driven both evo and wrx both machines will give and LS1 some comp so you might wanna be careful about bashing on 4 bangers the LS1 engine is not a gift from GOD so get off your high horse!
Old 09-22-2005, 09:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HOSS
not to be a dick, but history books show it was signed July 3rd, and it began the ownage of England ...and for what its worth, Shawn, worthless thread, do you seriously think that you are going to get rid of all the non ls1 owners on this site, if anything, you are bringing more in to get jokes on your moronic ***....so STFU..your an idiot

I was just kidding anyway. I actually have no problems with England and want to go there for a vacation and some site seeing. Maybe when I do I can look up 300bhp/ton and we can hang out and he can show me whats to see there.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:35 AM
11 Second Club

If I remember his comments on annother thread, he has a Lingenfelter in his garage, just ask him.

what I meant by newer was about a 93 RX-7....and yes it wasn't impressive on how fast those cars are stock.....and by the way whoever it was that said they have a friend with a rx-7 that would walk all over an LS1 let him try to disgrace my Lingenfelter LS1 parked in my garage...lol
Old 09-22-2005, 09:44 AM
11 Second Club

hahaha, let me guess. Its a Twin turbo Lingenfelter that has 700hp and runs 9s HAHA V8 He should stop being
Old 09-22-2005, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by slowmofo
well if he does indeed have a Lingenfelter LS1 then I guess it must have been paid for by his mummy and daddy, as according to his profile he is a 25 year old Student.

Not sure what they'd still be studying at 25 though, maybe they're training to be a doctor? But then why would they have a major in physics??

I too...have my major in physics....
Old 09-22-2005, 09:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 99S351
I had a 2000 Z28 LS1 I have driven both evo and wrx both machines will give and LS1 some comp so you might wanna be careful about bashing on 4 bangers the LS1 engine is not a gift from GOD so get off your high horse!

You're right the LS1 is not a gift from God, it's a gift from GM. Next generation of the Chevy small block, which was one of the best production engines ever built, evident by it's 50+ year run.

Wake up, it's not the 4 banger that gets bashed, it's the attitude & cluelessness of the punk driving it in most, but, not all cases.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:02 AM
Teching In

yep he has a li ngenfelter ls1 in his garage. LOL

that exact comment from him is why i disregard everything he says. He's obviously a troll.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:23 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by EvilDylan
yep he has a li ngenfelter ls1 in his garage. LOL

that exact comment from him is why i disregard everything he says. He's obviously a troll.
What, does he have a stock ls1 with a lingenfelter sway bar??? On another note. I have been in a damn nice Impalla SS That had all kins of Hotchkiss? Sp Susp and the motor did say Lingerfelter
Old 09-22-2005, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ss1129
I just like the best bang for the buck. Which imports tend not to provide...along with styling.
If you want the best bang for your buck you wouldnt be driving a newer car.
you would probably want a Fox Body Mustang.

How do you define bang? Straightline or over all package?
Old 09-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SporkLover
If you want the best bang for your buck you wouldnt be driving a newer car.
you would probably want a Fox Body Mustang.

How do you define bang? Straightline or over all package?
So true, I love 5.0's but I want something sexy to.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought I did go for the best bang per buck. I can drive my car all yr. round and beat on it pretty much all the time, but I don't want this to turn into a war so..... pick what you like and live with it right?. My taste was cheaper insurance with an all round power and handeling, so that's why I chose the STi. I was looking at a Z06 and a winter beater, but that would have cost more in the long run. *shrug*
Old 09-22-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

Wow...shawnmce2 are you retarded or just stupid? Give it a rest, most of the import guys on here are cool guys, with the ocassional person who signs up just to start flame wars and then get banned in a week. The import guys who frequently post here are car enthusiasts, which is why its a cool forum because you can learn a whole lot from other car owners. This forum would suck if it were all lsx powered cars because it would be full of blind people like you posting insane lies like "My lingenfelter ls1 with 15 turbos on it, 32 superchargers, and a 23490823190834 shot of nitrous, toasted every import on the face of the earth!!!!!!". Honestly, I enjoy hearing about other cars (as im sure many memebers do), thats how you learn more useful info about how other cars perform WITHOUT having to visit multiple forums. Have you ever been to some of the other forums out there? They are pretty bad, and thats why so many different types of car owners come to this board, because MOST of the people are truely car enthusiasts and can have a civil conversation without having asshats post stuff like "WHA WHA WHA WHY ARE THERE IMPORTS ON THIS BOARD!?". If you dont like it, get out, and never come back.