Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

S/C ZO6 vs SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 02:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

4U2NV is your motor stock or you pushing the limits at 24 psi? I would imagine if its still a stocker your on the edge of too much boost.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**** your srt-4. there is one local to me with 500+ front wheel hp. so what- congratulations to him it is a powerful car-. i also heard he had trouble getting it out of the 13's ON SLICKS with that much power in a fwd car- but he can probably pull on bikes on the highway. unless it is a full drag setup on a fwd car you will not hook for ****- end of story.

i had a fwd 1gdsm a while back so don't tell me i don't know- torque + fwd= mean highway car but horrible drag car.

to each his own- but do a real drag race FROM A STOP and good ******* luck with your srt-4. it would be a burnout fest even with slicks and a prepped surface.

you pulled a s/c'd z06 on the highway, congratulations, good kill, im sure you'll be telling this one to your grandkids .
Old 09-30-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
So what kind of power to you make to the wheels..estimated?
Probably 75-80 whp. I don't know though, my Acclaim has got SICK low end grunt. I can even manage to get the front wheels to spin a little on mud.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Thats my Z06

when we raced all i knew is that i had a CEL, due to MAF. i found out on Monday that it was more than just a MAF CEL. You really think i can hook up off the line?I'm running steet tires too, anything more than 2500 rpms and im breaking the tires lose in 1st gear. i broke the tires lose in 3rd gear @ 75mph on 75N yesterday afternoon and it shot me 3 lanes over side ways.

like i said the results would be different the next time. if you add N20 then i will to, i have it sitting in my garage waiting to be hooked up. I would only add a 50 shot dry into the blower inlet.

And Chris, im not mad about anything, this isn't something to get mad about. it takes alot more than something like this to get me mad.

i think its funny that you would only run me in a race that you think you would win, which is from a roll. Theirs a winner and theirs a looser in every race, everytime.. thats just part of it. i don't really care, from a roll or from a dead stop. ill put $$$ on the line that its a different race this time. you put yours or your sh-t talking friends money on your car, it doesnt matter to me.

if you want to race again, i will be out there, its all good.

ls1 guys, this is one of the fastest turbo4's running out on the street, unlike alot of other imports that talk allot of **** and dont run their cars, chris doesnt talk **** and will run his car. he seems to have some **** talking friends that need to shut up and open up the wallet and put their money on his car. now thats what i am talking about.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blown04Z06
You really think i can hook up off the line?I'm running steet tires too

both of you should get slicks and race from a stop- i'll put $ on the z06, no contest unless it is an all-out-drag setup srt-4.

i can't understand why somebody with a s/c'd z06 would run street tires at all. it would be absolutly no fun to drive imho..

when you guys race again have somebody from ls1tech host the video so we can actually watch it
Old 09-30-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

this is my second post, i have been on this site plenty of times, just to read tips and things like that. i had to in order to get some kind of defense out. my car is NOT running like it was. I dont have any black smoke coming out of the car and my exhaust tips are even staying clean unlike before.

I have not changed the pulley... just a re-tune.

just FYI, sitting in the garage that will be Fully built next month is a brand new LS2 bare block, full assembled stage 3, 6.0L LPE turbo heads and cam.

here is what i am looking at, if anyone thinks a better part could be substitued please say which part, manufacturer and why...

Option 1
*LS2 Block
*Diamond forged pistons
*Diamond file fit rings
*Scat H-beam rods
*Callies Racemaster 4340 forged steel crank
*Clevite "H" main & rod bearings
*Durabond cam bearings

Option 2
LS2 aluminum block
*Diamond forged pistons
*Diamond file fit rings
*Lunati Pro Series knife edged 4.000 crank
*Lunati Pro Mod I-beam 6.125 rods
*Durabond cam bearings

Option 3
LS2 aluminum block
*Diamond forged pistons
*Diamond file fit rings
*Scat H-beam rods
*Eagle 4340 forged steel crank
*Durabond cam bearings
Old 09-30-2005, 04:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
both of you should get slicks and race from a stop- i'll put $ on the z06, no contest unless it is an all-out-drag setup srt-4.

i can't understand why somebody with a s/c'd z06 would run street tires at all. it would be absolutly no fun to drive imho..

when you guys race again have somebody from ls1tech host the video so we can actually watch it
right now the car is my daily driver 4.5 miles one way to work, hahaha. but really i do drive it alot, slicks or drag rad would be a waste of money right now. I did the tire changing thing with the SCCA when i had an S2000, it got old. i have a 1996 altima that i bought for a daily driver, but i really dont like driving it, especially after driving the z06 for almost 2 years as a daily driver.

Ill run street tires, until i have a built 402ci and a D1 blower or the single turbo that forced fed is working on that should be done in nov. 700 whp range, ill need tire/wheel upgrade.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:41 PM
12 Second Club

right now the car is my daily driver 4.5 miles one way to work, hahaha. but really i do drive it alot, slicks or drag rad would be a waste of money right now. I did the tire changing thing with the SCCA when i had an S2000, it got old. i have a 1996 altima that i bought for a daily driver, but i really dont like driving it, especially after driving the z06 for almost 2 years as a daily driver.

Ill run street tires, until i have a built 402ci and a D1 blower or the single turbo that forced fed is working on that should be done in nov. 700 whp range, ill need tire/wheel upgrade.

I got news for ya', if you run your car as much as it "sounds" like you do, you're putting just as much (if not more) wear on those radials blowing them away every time as you would hooking with a DR and driving them every day.

4.5 miles to work, jeez, that makes it even worse, lol. I drove my '96 in sig for over a year with Nitto DR's 45 min. each way and they still had 1/4 tread left when I got rid of them.

No excuse whatsoever for not having at least a DR on a 500+ HP car.

PS- I don't expect this to change your mind

Jon
Old 09-30-2005, 05:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=COMNBYU]I got news for ya', if you run your car as much as it "sounds" like you do, you're putting just as much (if not more) wear on those radials blowing them away every time as you would hooking with a DR and driving them every day.

4.5 miles to work, jeez, that makes it even worse, lol. I drove my '96 in sig for over a year with Nitto DR's 45 min. each way and they still had 1/4 tread left when I got rid of them.

No excuse whatsoever for not having at least a DR on a 500+ HP car.

PS- I don't expect this to change your mind

well im learning how to control the throttle, i guess unlike most guys that don't learn how to do it, ill be a better racer in the long run. i cant tell you how many young racers i see with high HP cars that launch their cars at 4500-5000 rpms and they loose the race spinning their tires at the line. Hp isnt everything, which many people have already said, nothing new.

just like launching a bike, i drag race my CBR 929, full exhaust and PC3 tuned and DOT street tirel, people tell me all the time "its not a drag bike" and then i whip their GSXR1k or hand a busa its big wide ***. Why? Throtltle control along with a few other things like being stretched 6 inches.

everyone is entitled to thier opinion.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:07 PM
10 Second Club

i dunno man- my boltons 12 second car is **** with street tires. you said yourself you got sideways across 3 lanes so running street tires is dangerous for you. nitto's last 8k miles ++ if you treat them right. hell mine last 6k miles and i race 2 nights a week, smokey burnouts before every single race and an average of 3 races per night. that would kill any street tire just as fast. when i go to the track is what kills them the fastest because i do john force style burnouts so i can get the 60ft's in my sig

your car would gain like 1- 1.5 seconds with some drag radials . to each his own though but not like you are hurting for $, you are whipping around a blown z06 for christ's sake! what's a set of tires every 5k miles?

sorry if it sounds like im breaking *****- good luck with the skittle. VIDEO requested.

as far as your setup is concerned, i think it deserves it's own thread in the right section like internal engine or forced induction.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

no ball breaking at all. im cool when it comes to stuff like this. i need to know what to run. this is my first car over 405 hp, hahahaha. my last car was a Vortech SC Honda S2000. which i had when i bought the Z06 and sold it because it was boring compared to a stock Z06.

im just waiting on some real estate deals to close next week so i can the get 18X12 Z06 replicas that require no tub and dont rub. ill run some 335's... BFG's or NItto's or something like that. ill swap them out for race nights.

oh i took traction control off completely for the first time, competition mode would never allow me to get slidewayz like that.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

he will only run me at his race on the highway but wont run from a dig... wtf?

says i will win, well i should have in theroy won last time, but didnt. no i am being called a retard for saying we should run like real racers, from a dead stop.

either way i dont care... ill put money on it regardless, its not going to be the same.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...=1#post2532338
Old 09-30-2005, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

he will only run me at his race on the highway but wont run from a dig... wtf?

says i will win, well i should have in theroy won last time, but didnt. no i am being called a retard for saying we should run like real racers, from a dead stop.

either way i dont care... ill put money on it regardless, its not going to be the same.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...=1#post2532338
Why in the hell did u come call me out then??? Your the one who came to me and asked for revenge. RIGHT? This was in front of everyone also. If u knew ur car was messed up or through a code why did u run me.

And dont say no **** like i only want to run on the highway. Bc like i said above ur the one who came to me asking for revenge.

I know RWD>FWD from a dig. I hear this dig **** all the time. If i want to run from a dig i will go to the track.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
**** your srt-4. there is one local to me with 500+ front wheel hp. so what- congratulations to him it is a powerful car-. i also heard he had trouble getting it out of the 13's ON SLICKS with that much power in a fwd car- but he can probably pull on bikes on the highway. unless it is a full drag setup on a fwd car you will not hook for ****- end of story.

i had a fwd 1gdsm a while back so don't tell me i don't know- torque + fwd= mean highway car but horrible drag car.

to each his own- but do a real drag race FROM A STOP and good ******* luck with your srt-4. it would be a burnout fest even with slicks and a prepped surface.

you pulled a s/c'd z06 on the highway, congratulations, good kill, im sure you'll be telling this one to your grandkids .
**** my srt-4???

Dude u dont even know me nor my car.

Ur a dumbass.

Everyone says they know someone who has a fast SRT-4. He had 500hp and couldnt get out of 13s. Yeah ok. They will run 13s stock. Thats what slicks our for.

And no u dont need a full out fwd drag car to make it run low times. There are plenty of SRTs running low 11s. You sound just like the guy who supposely u say has 500hp and cant get out of 13s. CLUELESS

For one i didnt post these ViDs over here. So dont talk ****. I posted them on my car site. Keep ur useless comments to urself.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by slowsrt4
Why in the hell did u come call me out then??? Your the one who came to me and asked for revenge. RIGHT? This was in front of everyone also. If u knew ur car was messed up or through a code why did u run me.

And dont say no **** like i only want to run on the highway. Bc like i said above ur the one who came to me asking for revenge.

I know RWD>FWD from a dig. I hear this dig **** all the time. If i want to run from a dig i will go to the track.
i already stated i didnt know that the problem was more than just a MAF code. i didnt find this out until monday, 2 days later.

also already stated "revenge" was a term used loosely for fun.

you were already quoted in your own forum stating that you dont run from a dead stop.

its funny how running from a dig is **** to you. i think that is the way drag racing has been for 55 years.

lets go to the track then

Last edited by Blown04Z06; 09-30-2005 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

just PM me on the srt forums and let me know when you car is fixed
Old 09-30-2005, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

i already stated i didnt know that the problem was more than just a MAF code. i didnt find this out until monday, 2 days later.

also already stated "revenge" was a term used loosely for fun.

you were already quoted in your own forum stating that you dont run from a dead stop.

its funny how running from a dig is **** to you. i think that is the way drag racing has been for 55 years.

lets go to the track then
Its funny how u want to go from a dig so bad.

Oh now its not real racing bc its not from a dig? Why did u ask me to run on the highway then?

I dont have slicks to run at the track yet.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Where are you guys located?
Old 09-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AOC
You know, I really didn't have any problems with this VW guy posting videos, Z06 lost no big deal, but when he crosslinked this thread to srt site, he has now become nothing but a ******* troll who is attempting to instigate a board war, ban this troll.
you guys are like a bunch of babies. You are BS'ing, flaming and stuff. So why not show the SRT guys how dumb some of you really are
Old 09-30-2005, 07:49 PM
AOC
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by QuickGTi18t
you guys are like a bunch of babies. You are BS'ing, flaming and stuff. So why not show the SRT guys how dumb some of you really are
Why show SRT guys anything? Don't care what they have to say. It's you who is trolling and crosslinking this thread to instigate flaming,