LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Street Racing & Kill Stories (https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories-36/)
-   -   Me Vs. Ram SRT-10? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/388547-me-vs-ram-srt-10-a.html)

300bhp/ton 10-04-2005 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by supeg
Well according to all these dummies here at this forum SRT-10 run 12.7stock so then you would lose very badly. Good thing they are living in a dream world.

did you not read it last time.

CHILL OUT MAN - YOU WAY TOO STRESSED AND HOSTILE

guess not.

ChillOutWayne 10-04-2005 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by TORNATIC!!
A 13.8 is a bad time for a Ram SRT-10. They are capable of running low 13's if they can get traction.

But its not what the truck CAN do, its what the driver DOES. If he cant hook thats not my problem, and although i watched a SRT-10 stock run a 14.2 with minor traction issues, im not going to plug and play any numbers and figure out what he SHOULD run, cause i dont care. If i could do that, id practically be in the 12s stock.

Ive taken care of two of them on the street, both regular cabs and talked to both guys afterwards. Needless to say they refused to believe i just have an intake. :) Then again, so did the 02' Vette a few weeks back... :devil:

Dan

Matt D 10-04-2005 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by ChillOutWayne
But its not what the truck CAN do, its what the driver DOES. If he cant hook thats not my problem, and although i watched a SRT-10 stock run a 14.2 with minor traction issues, im not going to plug and play any numbers and figure out what he SHOULD run, cause i dont care. If i could do that, id practically be in the 12s stock.

Ive taken care of two of them on the street, both regular cabs and talked to both guys afterwards. Needless to say they refused to believe i just have an intake. :) Then again, so did the 02' Vette a few weeks back... :devil:

Dan

You want to run my 2000 camaro in you truck? i will give you a tennis ball!

BlkZ28LS6 10-04-2005 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by mdblackz28

HAHA!

ChillOutWayne 10-04-2005 03:53 PM

Unless i read my thread wrong, i dont remember posting up that i can beat heavily modded LS1's, but maybe im wrong.

But since we are on the subject, i got a buddy in a Lightning that im sure would be happy to meet up some time, and dont worry, its a completely stock longblock truck, so im sure none of you guys are worried.

Otherwise find a LS1 with just an intake, and ill be happy to meet up. :)

Dan

BTW, ive seen u run at the track, so yes, i would take a tennis ball.
Lets meet up tonight, i think i stand a pretty good chance. :jest:

MeetTheCreeper 10-04-2005 05:25 PM

Well, I joined this site today and wanted to search for a few things.

Funny thing is, when I searched for "arrogant", the name mdblackz28 popped up :eyes:

I want give props to you on trying to race a truck in your 3050 lb car with nitrous. After all, they're in the same race class, right? It takes a real man to do that. If you do race, you'll certainly show him that YOU are indeed, the Boss. Also, I just wanted to tell you my dad can beat your dad up :eyes:

HAUS1 10-04-2005 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by MeetTheCreeper

Funny thing is, when I searched for "arrogant", the name mdblackz28 popped up :eyes:

I want give props to you on trying to race a truck in your 3050 lb car with nitrous. After all, they're in the same race class, right? It takes a real man to do that. If you do race, you'll certainly show him that YOU are indeed, the Boss. Also, I just wanted to tell you my dad can beat your dad up :eyes:

You are quite the homosexual. I wonder who you are...Oh well, not important. Hope you found what you were searching for cause I doubt you will last long on here anyway...

BeauJ on NLOC.NET wrote this..."Yea, I saw his challege. He showed you who was boss, I'll tell ya that much. Just say you'll race him once he gets all the "tabacca" juice off the side of his car"

Both guys used Boss, I think I found the perp Matt!!! Oh well, kids will never learn.

Matt D 10-04-2005 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by MeetTheCreeper

Obviously truck guys are stupid. Do you know what a tennis ball is? I will give him spots for as far as he can throw one. Cute response about the "arrogant" search. it shows how juvenile and imature you are. thanks for joining the site :cheers:

HAUS1 10-04-2005 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by ChillOutWayne
But since we are on the subject, i got a buddy in a Lightning that im sure would be happy to meet up some time, and dont worry, its a completely stock longblock truck, so im sure none of you guys are worried.

Dan

Don't worry, I don't think anyone on here is worried :drive:

Matt D 10-04-2005 08:39 PM

I am shaking in my SFI approved flame retardant shoes. you need those to run the times i do son. bring the big bad truck to the southside of chicago so i can make a fool out of him.

reocamaro 10-05-2005 04:22 AM

Wow, I don't think this is about Me Vs. A stock RAM SRT-10. hmm... enjoy. I'm out.

wickedwarlock 10-05-2005 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by supeg
Well according to all these dummies here at this forum SRT-10 run 12.7stock so then you would lose very badly. Good thing they are living in a dream world. I see them run between 13.7-14.4 so i think it would be a drivers race and depending on if its a normal or quad cab.

not sure who said that but that srt-10 ran that 12.7, He had a home made intake and DRs. All the big magazines ran low 13s with the truck. That's 3-5 tenths faster than the average L. That's production, not modified. The guys you seen at the truck running those crappy times are just getting a feel for the truck, it's new. The L's been out 10 years and since 99 with the blown motor. Plenty of time for you guys to share your best launch launches and how you achieved it. Look on the forums again, the times for them have gotten better. and will contiunue too once they start sharing the best launch. Once they all have the launch down, expect low 13s and some factory freaks in the upper 12s, just as the magazines have already shown.

BLKWS.6 10-05-2005 09:34 AM

The issue with the SRT-10 is the launch. I had a co-worker with one and at 50mph he could get on the loud pedal and lay a NICE patch of rubber while cruising (not sure if it involved a shift or not, wasnt in the truck) but the point remains...the power is there. low 13's are not out of question, its just that the launch in those is difficult as hell, I mean, what would an LS1 run with a crappy ass launch? Prolly high 13's/low 14's...

ChillOutWayne 10-06-2005 10:22 AM

I am shaking in my SFI approved flame retardant shoes. you need those to run the times i do son. bring the big bad truck to the southside of chicago so i can make a fool out of him.

Maybe you havent checked into the NLOC recently, but there are quite a few guys from right around our area that are more than willing to take your 2gs. Step up son. Any Lightning for 2gs? God this is gonna get good, and when i say good, i mean real good.

I aplogize that the guys on the L site refuse to just argue with you and go back and forth like people love to do here. I know your not used to actually getting a challenge accepted, but heres your chance. Get back on that thread, lets get something lined up, and get this settled. Enough with the sarcastic tough guy e-thug talk. I know the 17 year olds on this site love it, but lets move on here.

I think its good i remind you, im not racing my truck. I say that cuz im sure you will fire back with wanting to race me cuz i havent put a penny into my truck. Lets just pretend i dont own one here, and get something figured out.

Now, do you wanna race a Gen1 or a Gen2? :jest:

Dan

catfSSh 10-06-2005 09:14 PM

this thread is dominated by VA guys. ive been to jenros a few times in my z28. what do yall drive?

TORNATIC!! 10-06-2005 11:18 PM

Yall should know not to f**k with this Marine!! :guns:

HAUS1 10-07-2005 01:36 AM

:cool:

Thats the funny part. All of those truck yahoo's were callin Matt a kid, immature, street gangster while in truth he is one bad fucking Marine.
I gotz your back brozif!

Matt is a great guy and I would really hate to see one of those Ford guys get their ass handed on and off the street.
Oh well, let them say what they may. Let them pecker slap each other

reocamaro 10-07-2005 04:10 AM

Hey 97z, do you ever head out to any of the spot over in hampton? There's always people lingering around on saturday nights.

ChillOutWayne 10-07-2005 10:49 AM

Whos f*cking with a Marine? No one is f*ckin with him at all, no one is calling him names, or making fun of his car or anything. All that was happening was people were wondering where he went when all of a sudden there is a list of Lightnings that are willing to race him.

He came on NLOC stating he will race any Lightning for 2g's thats willing to race him. Well, there is a Gen1 that is street driven on PUMP gas that said 13 times he will race him no problem. Looks to me like the second someone accepts the challenge, it scared the hell out of someone. The guy with the Gen1 stated he is still more than willing to race, he didnt look for you, you came in there with you head hardly fitting thru the door, and you call out got accepted.

Ball is in your court now.

Matt D 10-07-2005 12:11 PM

i stopped going on that site because all that was on there was a bunch of fags calling my camaro a mullet mobile. Wow, really shows the maturity of those lightning guys. well this mullet mobile will race any gen2 lightning, like i said for 2gs. you came on our fucking site talking shit first. i don't have time to bounce back and forth from site to site to just look at a bunch of keyboard racers doing nothing but talk shit. i race, anyone on this site knows. i am a moderator for this site, and everyone on this board respects one another for what is done. Everyone has different tastes and opinions, but when it comes to pieces of shit like you, it will not be tolerated.