LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Street Racing & Kill Stories (https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories-36/)
-   -   Me Vs. Ram SRT-10? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/388547-me-vs-ram-srt-10-a.html)

reocamaro 10-01-2005 09:31 AM

Me Vs. Ram SRT-10?

Who would win from a roll? I saw one on the street by my house yesterday and I was pretty busy trying to catch up. By the time I was catching up he was turning and I really didn't feel like following him because he probably wouldn't have raced anyway. I'm looking up various info and stock they do the 1320 in 13.8. Any ideas?

rollinna65 10-01-2005 10:41 AM

You would :)

97blkz 10-01-2005 11:19 AM

I played with one and gave him the hit, I freight trained him hard. From a roll in my auto.

reocamaro 10-01-2005 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by rollinna65
You would :)

Hey, nick, have you got into any races recently? A black cobra wanted to run me for money today. I turned him down.

00TAProject 10-02-2005 01:16 AM

I rolled one from about 55 in my WS6. I stayed in fourth, and rolled tolike 130 or so. I should have started in 3rd, but he got the jump on me...Took me for about half a truck length....But after 100mph, I pulled him fairly good to get about a car on him unitl we shut down.....Mods are in my sig....

He ran me good...but you should get him in the long run...they are heavy trucks...but make much power and TQ....have fun

reocamaro 10-02-2005 06:41 AM

Hmm, I hope this wasn't once in a "lifetime" oppurtunity. I feel like I would have wasted him. I just hear stories of stock SRT's taking Lightning by a buses and got a little intimidated.

It's all good.

rollinna65 10-02-2005 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by reocamaro
Hey, nick, have you got into any races recently? A black cobra wanted to run me for money today. I turned him down.

As a matter of fact I raced a pretty quick fox body last night. My roommate just bought a '98 NBM SS so we were cruising around and as we left Jenro's I got stuck behind a lightning, civic and this primered fox body with plates that said 'NTHERTRY' or something like that. They were going like 30 down independence so I dropped it to first and flew up on the civic's ass hoping he'd get the hint. I ended up getting a light next to this mustang on Va Beach Blvd and when it went green we both took off. It got out of the hole just a little better than I did but by the time I was in 2nd I was pulling him pretty well. We raced again after that with the same outcome but after that run I saw some flashing lights about 1/3 mile back so I pulled off, parked my car at some hair salon and ran away for a couple minutes. Once the coast was clear I went to AJ Gators for my buddies birthday party. All in all it was a pretty good night and now I'm on duty.

rollinna65 10-02-2005 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by 00TAProject
I rolled one from about 55 in my WS6. I stayed in fourth, and rolled tolike 130 or so. I should have started in 3rd, but he got the jump on me...Took me for about half a truck length....But after 100mph, I pulled him fairly good to get about a car on him unitl we shut down.....Mods are in my sig....

He ran me good...but you should get him in the long run...they are heavy trucks...but make much power and TQ....have fun

You should have started in 2nd, I take it up to about 80 when I'm racing.

reocamaro 10-02-2005 10:41 AM

I'd like to go out and get into some races today but I'm going to take it easy, I'm supposed to get my boost controller hooked up at Millennium tomorrow.

rollinna65 10-02-2005 11:06 AM

Boost controller? I hope you've got it running a little bit richer than before.

reocamaro 10-02-2005 11:24 AM

Yeah, it's running about 20% richer.

rollinna65 10-02-2005 11:46 AM

Now you're going to be faster than me :( . Maybe I should start looking into nitrous.

reocamaro 10-02-2005 12:33 PM

I don't know. Before you ever were tuned we hung together at high speed's pretty well. And then you got tuned so I assume you pulled ahead and now I'm going to up the boost so maybe we'll be back to even again (however if i'm about 500 I better not be merely keeping up w/ you) lol.

ChillOutWayne 10-03-2005 11:04 AM

Hmm, I hope this wasn't once in a "lifetime" oppurtunity. I feel like I would have wasted him. I just hear stories of stock SRT's taking Lightning by a buses and got a little intimidated.

It's all good.

You have nothing to worry about. And what you hear about them walking Lightnings by truck lengths is bullshit. You state they run 13.8's stock, which is actually the best i have seen, and in fact that was with a lightly modded sponsored SRT-10.

They have tons of power and torque thru a huge motor, but in combo with the 22's and the weight, it compensates for power to say the least.

Ive personally been to Lightning meets at local tracks and watched 45 Ls all run in the 13's, alot in 12's and some in 11's. The best stock was a 13.28 on the stock F1 tire with just an intake. Needless to say they move out, and SRT-10s consistently run high 13's to low 14's.

Im amused that everyone on here jumps on the guy that says a L cannot beat a SRT-10, even tho the Lightnings run low 13s stock, and then come on here and say a 13.80 camaro will beat one.

Regardless, go for it, you will not have a problem.

Dan

buffman 10-03-2005 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by ChillOutWayne
You have nothing to worry about. And what you hear about them walking Lightnings by truck lengths is bullshit. You state they run 13.8's stock, which is actually the best i have seen, and in fact that was with a lightly modded sponsored SRT-10.

They have tons of power and torque thru a huge motor, but in combo with the 22's and the weight, it compensates for power to say the least.

Ive personally been to Lightning meets at local tracks and watched 45 Ls all run in the 13's, alot in 12's and some in 11's. The best stock was a 13.28 on the stock F1 tire with just an intake. Needless to say they move out, and SRT-10s consistently run high 13's to low 14's.

Im amused that everyone on here jumps on the guy that says a L cannot beat a SRT-10, even tho the Lightnings run low 13s stock, and then come on here and say a 13.80 camaro will beat one.

Regardless, go for it, you will not have a problem.

Dan

I have a quick question that I couldn't ask in the other thread since it was locked. Sorry If the question is stupid, but I thought the L came with a t-56 trans and not an automatic like the locked thread states?? (didn't say what trans came in the L on the SVT site)

ChillOutWayne 10-03-2005 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by buffman
I have a quick question that I couldn't ask in the other thread since it was locked. Sorry If the question is stupid, but I thought the L came with a t-56 trans and not an automatic like the locked thread states?? (didn't say what trans came in the L on the SVT site)

The L only comes with an automatic. It is a 4R100, which is the same transmission as Ford Superduty trucks. It has modified clutches ect. geared more towards performance as opposed to just handling tons of torque and towing. Any other questions lemme know.

Dan

HAUS1 10-03-2005 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by ChillOutWayne
The L only comes with an automatic. It is a 4R100, which is the same transmission as Ford Superduty trucks. It has modified clutches ect. geared more towards performance as opposed to just handling tons of torque and towing. Any other questions lemme know.

Dan

Don't lie! You have a 6 speed out of a LS1 ;)
Im waiting for someone to jump my ass on NLOC man...

TORNATIC!! 10-03-2005 11:01 PM

Who would win from a roll? I saw one on the street by my house yesterday and I was pretty busy trying to catch up. By the time I was catching up he was turning and I really didn't feel like following him because he probably wouldn't have raced anyway. I'm looking up various info and stock they do the 1320 in 13.8. Any ideas?

A 13.8 is a bad time for a Ram SRT-10. They are capable of running low 13's if they can get traction.

Slow Vette 10-03-2005 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by TORNATIC!!
A 13.8 is a bad time for a Ram SRT-10. They are capable of running low 13's if they can get traction.

:werd:

supeg 10-04-2005 07:43 AM

Well according to all these dummies here at this forum SRT-10 run 12.7stock so then you would lose very badly. Good thing they are living in a dream world. I see them run between 13.7-14.4 so i think it would be a drivers race and depending on if its a normal or quad cab.