Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My Trans Am vs. 2004 Lancer rally

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 02:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG!! As some have mentioned she cant be serious. I think you can take off in 6th gear and beat her Seriously the Lancer is slow, very slow. When we had our S2K a buddy of mine was in his moms Lancer and we were on the freeway just coasting in the S2K and he had it floored just to keep up. You will beat her easily, and she wont be spraying that much the motor wont handle it, Id say 50-75 tops who cares if she has other mods, they wont do much for her. Only way she has a chance is if its turbo'd but then again youd probably still win, cuz it would most likely be on low boost.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cumbias
True I got more torque. Everybody at work says that I shouln't race her. Appearently she beat a 5.0 supercharged mustang and an 1st or 2nd gen Camaro SS, which engine the camaro had nobody knows. I asked her if she know what an LS1 is and she's like " whats that". Our assintant manager is a car fanatic guy(imports, claims to have a honda that can smoke C5s), and I think they have a thing for each other. He might have put all that on her car. He told me all she has is bolt-ons. At this momment I'm more scared of breaking my rear-end or bending a pushrod.
Dude the only way she beat a supercharged 5.0 mustang and a 1st or 2nd gen camaro SS is if she drove past them while they were parked on the side of the road...seriously she sounds clueless, please smoke her.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

You've got more than TORQUE on her, you also have horsepower. Don't worry about launching either. Just leave the line off idle and you'll still blow right by.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:20 PM
TECH Resident

They are slow...

There was a guy at a auto parts store that was talking smack that had one...

I was getting some mothers and brake fluid.... Normal maint etc.. Detail, brake blead, clutch cylinder rebuild kit...

When we ran it was silly.... A new car with every corner parts store bolt on vs a 9 yr old one with none of them but everything you have to mail order from the right vendor... I did a slow start... I did'nt even use the AEM's stutter box.. It was 150hp FWD v 650hp AWD....
Old 10-06-2005, 06:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OdessitPashka
^^^^
OT, but you got a miata with LS1??? DAMN NICE! What is that beast running???

Wish I could give you a good answer, but, don't really know. It's a road course/street car & not @ all set up for drag racing. It's a sleeper, so the rear wheel wells are stock (not flared) & the brakes require 17's to clear. This means that the largest tire that can be mounted is a 17/40/245. In the future, who knows, may flare the rears, reduce the rear brakes just enough to fit 16's & get some 16/50/275 drag radials.

Before the Fuddle & the bigger TB, MAF, & filter, she dynoed 372 RWHP & 402 RWTQ (intake, heads, cam, exhaust, tune,...etc.). May dyno again before winter & add the results to my signature.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

dude you shouldnt even need to know how to launch or race or anything, u have a 13 sec car vs a probably 16 second car
Old 10-06-2005, 07:52 PM
TECH Resident

When I ran on one I shifted at 6k... My turbo does'nt spool untill 4k.... Sandbaging would be an understatement yet still was pulling car lengths...
Old 10-06-2005, 09:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1-450
Wish I could give you a good answer, but, don't really know. It's a road course/street car & not @ all set up for drag racing. It's a sleeper, so the rear wheel wells are stock (not flared) & the brakes require 17's to clear. This means that the largest tire that can be mounted is a 17/40/245. In the future, who knows, may flare the rears, reduce the rear brakes just enough to fit 16's & get some 16/50/275 drag radials.

Before the Fuddle & the bigger TB, MAF, & filter, she dynoed 372 RWHP & 402 RWTQ (intake, heads, cam, exhaust, tune,...etc.). May dyno again before winter & add the results to my signature.
did you ever weigh the car after the swap? You should definitely take it to the track!!!
Old 10-06-2005, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just ****** Race Her Already!
Old 10-06-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OdessitPashka
did you ever weigh the car after the swap? You should definitely take it to the track!!!

2,752#; it's light & it's fast. May decide to drag race it (at the track) once or twice per season, but, it won't be set up for ideal numbers. Will reduce rear tire pressure & soften the rear suspension settings. I have a different car for drag racing. It's not fast & also runs on street tires, but, seems to like the punishment that drag racing puts on a car. Will say that the LS1 has not lost on the street.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:42 PM
12 Second Club

awesome! Let me know what you get once you race it man!!!
Old 10-07-2005, 01:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blind527
Just ****** Race Her Already!
I will, I will. She just needs to say when. Once I do I'll tell you guys how it went, even if I lose She is so confident that I'll ask her if she wants to record it. Don't worry.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Why ask if she wants to record? Got *****? This thread smells a little. Race her today or get the hell out of here. If you loose on video then I call BS.. dont even bother posting it up.

In fact, dont even bother racing or video recording unless you can get a nice close up of her topless or something.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey guys, I saw her today, haven't seen her in the past 4 days. She does'nt want to race me no more. Looks like she did her homework. Even the assistant manager(C5 killing Honda guy), who didn't even know about the possible race until today, told her she had no chance against me. I tried to convice her but she wouldn't budge. I don't like to beg so I wont waste my time on her anymore.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

DUDE! COME ON YOU HAVE AN LS1- NUFF SAID- DO YOU HAVE THE FREE MODS?THEYLL FREE UP A COUPLE OF PONIES.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by los lara
DUDE! COME ON YOU HAVE AN LS1- NUFF SAID- DO YOU HAVE THE FREE MODS?THEYLL FREE UP A COUPLE OF PONIES.

wtf...
Old 10-10-2005, 10:30 AM
Teching In

It's well past the point now BUT if anyone cares yes the "Rally edition" is a POS 120-130hp crap wagon, but the Ralliart is decent enough that IF she did have a supercharger AND a shot she would be fast. They are underrated at 162hp, more like 175-180hp. Again not much stock but with FI and nitrous they aren't as weak as the rest of the non-evo Lancers.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

LoL this is a little off topic but I saw a OZ Lancer this weekend. Guy had like 3-4 gaugues on his A-piller. I though he probably had an evo engine swap or a turbo or something done to it. So I roll down my window to see if I can hear the turbo, and of course nothing. No turbo noise, no bov, no supercharger (dunno if they even make one for them), so I figure at the next light ill ask the guy guessing he might have nitrous. I ask him and he says he has a turbo...so I asked why I didnt hear any turbo spooling or a bov or anything and he said it was a stealth turbo and no bov...WTF? Haha the gauges probably were like a clock, barometer, thermometer, and a compass...because lord knows he didnt need them for anything else.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All this work and no outcome??? All of the ENERGY SPENT, WASTED reading this thread for...NOTHING? Its like wining and dining a hot chic all evening and finally getting her back to the house just to discover she is a dick phobia. THIS SUCKS, BOOOOO!!!!!
Old 10-10-2005, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
LoL this is a little off topic but I saw a OZ Lancer this weekend. Guy had like 3-4 gaugues on his A-piller. I though he probably had an evo engine swap or a turbo or something done to it. So I roll down my window to see if I can hear the turbo, and of course nothing. No turbo noise, no bov, no supercharger (dunno if they even make one for them), so I figure at the next light ill ask the guy guessing he might have nitrous. I ask him and he says he has a turbo...so I asked why I didnt hear any turbo spooling or a bov or anything and he said it was a stealth turbo and no bov...WTF? Haha the gauges probably were like a clock, barometer, thermometer, and a compass...because lord knows he didnt need them for anything else.

don't you love those people? A stealth turbo, yeah right. Apparently he doesn't know what a BOV is for.