Old 10-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a link to the 2005 M5 racing a Ferrari 550:

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....%20ferrari&p=0
Old 10-14-2005, 05:07 PM
STF Veteran

The noble is fantastic, and yeah we DO have them here, but they're about $75k or $80k in US funds if I remember correctly, which places them at one and a half times the cost of a C5 z06, or about $5k-$15k more than a C6 z06 (depending on dealer markup).

That being said, if I had the cash to own a couple cars, a Noble would definatly be on my short list. I'd totally be taking it racing as often as possible. From what I understand, it handles like nothing else in it's performance class.

Between races, it'd be sitting in my garage right between the lingenfelter TT427 C6 and the '68 Shelby GT-500.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:40 AM
Launching!

hmm im thinking m5...all they have to do is take off the governor to do 200. 507 HP V10
Old 10-15-2005, 02:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok I keep seeing you guys say that the new M5 will hit 200. Is there any evidence behind this?

Not calling you liars... just interested in your sources
Old 10-15-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Resident

What makes some of you so sure the new M5 can beat a C5 Z06?? Look at the stats of the M5:

BMW M5:
Weight: 4050
Type: V10
Displacement: 5000 cc
Horsepower: 507 bhp @ 7750 rpm
Torque: 384 lb-ft @ 6100 rpm
Redline: 8250 rpm
Performance
0-60 mph: 4.5 sec
0-100 mph: 10.0 sec
Quarter Mile: 12.6 sec @ 115 mph

Ok well GMHP magazine as well as numerous invdividual's have run bone stock 02+ C5 Z06's 11.9@117-118mph. Now 01 Z06's are a little slower and most publications get around the same as the M5 times I have seen. As one example MT got 12.6@114 for an 01 Z06.

So, I'd say it'd be a damn good race either from a dig or a roll against an 01 Z06 and the 02+Z06's should be able to overtake it. Either way any all of them are very close and would probably come down to driver.

Now in terms of the C6 Z06, thats in a totally different league than the M5 and C5 Z06's. And yes the C6 Z06 does 0-150 in 17 to 17.5 seconds. So it would murder the M5.

By the way, 300bhp you have some seriously asinine arguments. Why the hell are you comparing the C6 Z06 to these specialty overseas cars that they make 100 of per year? Who gives a ****. Why do you have a problem with people loving the C6 Z06. Gee this is an LS1/LS6 site and its only one of the baddest production cars ever! So silly of some of us to rave about it! Obviously if you look to the far corners of the earth there is always something faster. Who cares! And you say Americans are missing out on cars in other parts of the world? Who cares, we can say the same thing about other parts of the world missing out on our cars. I don't even know why you bring all this nonsense up. It just seems you come to this site as a foreigner hell bent on proving something to us Americans.

Last edited by KB99WS6; 10-15-2005 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
By the way, 300bhp you have some seriously asinine arguments. Why the hell are you comparing the C6 Z06 to these specialty overseas cars that they make 100 of per year? Who gives a ****. Why do you have a problem with people loving the C6 Z06. Gee this is an LS1/LS6 site and its only one of the baddest production cars ever! So silly of some of us to rave about it! Obviously if you look to the far corners of the earth there is always something faster. Who cares! And you say Americans are missing out on cars in other parts of the world? Who cares, we can say the same thing about other parts of the world missing out on our cars. I don't even know why you bring all this nonsense up. It just seems you come to this site as a foreigner hell bent on proving something to us Americans.
Come man don't be a dick!

For starters, the cars I mentioned are far more numerous to me than Corvettes and Mustangs. So I care, and I'm not alone.

And 100 cars a year, well maybe but quite a few produce more than that. And the Z06, is only being built at 30 a day! So it's hardly going to be common place.

Also you compare the Z06 to the likes of the Ford GT, Saleen S7, Ferrari's and Porsches. Come smart guy, how many of these are produced each year!!!!

As I've already said, I like the Vette and Z06 variant, DAMN man I even own a LS1 if you cared to check my sig (the BIG red writing!!!!).

However I'm not so arrogant to beleive the Z06 is the mother of all cars, because it ain't. It's just happens to be very good.

If you dont like it, well it's a bit though really.

Last edited by 300bhp/ton; 10-17-2005 at 05:09 AM.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
Come man don't be a dick!

For starters, the cars I mentioned are far more numerous to me than Corvettes and Mustangs. So I care, and I'm not alone.

And 100 cars a year, well maybe but quite a few produce more than that. And the Z06, is only being built at 30 a day! So it's hardly going to be common place.

Also you compare the Z06 to the likes of the Ford GT, Saleen S7, Ferrari's and Porsches. Come smart guy, how many of these are produced each year!!!!

As I've already said, I like the Vette and Z06 variant, DAMN man I even own a LS1 if you cared to check my sig (the BIG red writing!!!!).

However I'm not so arrogant to beleive the Z06 is the mother of all cars, because it ain't. It's just happens to be very good.

It definitely performs comparable to ANY production car ....When you factor in the price, tons of mod potential and the fact that this car is being mass produced, it is the mother of all cars in many eyes.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
It definitely performs comparable to ANY production car ....When you factor in the price, tons of mod potential and the fact that this car is being mass produced, it is the mother of all cars in many eyes.
true, but what's mass produced got to do with it. 65k is 65k regardless of whether it's a limited production car or one of 1000's made each year.

Reliability, warranty, economy and all the rest go out the window as soon as you start modding.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

C5 Z06 will beat the BMWM5 the weight difference is almost a thousand lbs and the drag Coefficient together will make enough of a difference. also the Z has more torque to keep it goin. almost 1000lbs lighter and underrated. Still i would like to see proof of this theoretical max speed of 205mph from a brick on wheels. was this in the article as well was it someones assumption u know what people say about assuming things. Yes i love Z06 so shoot me.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dcmercury2
C5 Z06 will beat the BMWM5 the weight difference is almost a thousand lbs and the drag Coefficient together will make enough of a difference. also the Z has more torque to keep it goin. almost 1000lbs lighter and underrated. Still i would like to see proof of this theoretical max speed of 205mph from a brick on wheels. was this in the article as well was it someones assumption u know what people say about assuming things. Yes i love Z06 so shoot me.
since when has the Ls6 been underrated?

Hot Rod magazine did a test on a crate LS6 to see if it was, it produced a couple of HP more, just about the amount you'd expect for manufacturing tolorances.

RWHP numbers mean little here, as they are not measured on the same type of dyno (even rolling road dyno's like Mustang and Dynojet can show 20rwhp+ differences even though they are both calculating the same thing, Q.E.D.)

And the loss from the drive train is only ever guessed. So this should not be relied upon as it could again easly be 10-15hp out.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

a thousand lbs is a thousand lbs and a brick is a brick i meant to say the lsx engine family itself. sorry if i dont go through my mags and quote things. and i hope hes in "M" mode every time might use that as the reason he lost. When he does and GMhigh tech did get a bone stock z06 to go 11.9xs without even checking tire pressure. The m5 is quoted around 12.6
I got the new gmhtp and it was a compilation of their best crap so i didnt technically go through my old mags since it is supposodely new. I think the m6 is a 2 door. maybe its lighter u tell me. but why compare old to new.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TORNATIC!!
Here's a link to the 2005 M5 racing a Ferrari 550:

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....%20ferrari&p=0
ok but the 550 runs like a 12.6 1/4 mile. I would expect the m5 to catch it eventually. An F430 is a totally different animal as it runs at LEAST a full second faster in the 1/4 mile.

and fyi the c5 z06 is faster than the 550...the m5 / c5 z06 would really be a better race than you think. not declaring a winner, it would just be a good race. you should just admit that and quit trying to bring the z down.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:50 AM
TECH Resident

When you consider everything, it is one of the most impressive production performance cars ever. This is a GM performance car site. OBVIOUSLY people are going to be pretty excited about the car and rave about it. What did you expect?? No one is saying this car can beat every single car on the planet in every single category. So why do you feel the need to pick out certain cars from around the world that may be similar or a little better than it in one or two aspects?? Whats the point of all this??

Last edited by KB99WS6; 10-17-2005 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
First off, no one said it was the mother of all cars. You are inventing a debate that doesn't exist. Who are you even arguing with? Secondly, when you consider everything, it is one of the most impressive production performance cars ever. This is a GM performance car site. OBVIOUSLY people are going to be pretty excited about the car and rave about it. What did you expect?? Again, no one is saying this car can beat every single car on the planet in every single category. So why do you feel the need to pick out certain cars from around the world that may be similar or a little better than it in one or two aspects?? Whats the point of all this?? You say the point is to prove it's not the mother of all cars. Why are you trying to prove this and to whom specifically?
it's not that, but more the fact that if any non GM car is mentioned you get ripped on BIG time, and claims that nothing can beat a Z06. Just read this thread if you don't beleive me.

Yes it's quick C5 and 6 variants. All I was trying to do was inject a little realism to it.

The new M5 has a fair chance from a roll against a C5 Z06, only some people don't seem to be able to except and call BS based only on biased naivety.

All I'm trying to do is keep a more open mind. Which many appear to be lacking, here and on other forums.

American cars are fantastic HENCE I OWN ONE!!!!

But Japanses, German, Italian and British cars can be just as fast or faster, and for comparitivley similar money in some cases. And not every Fbody/Corvette fan is American either.

If I didn't like american cars, I certainly wouldn't have bought one, nor would I spend my time talking about them on forums such as this. But the world out there is bigger than LA to NY. And Europe is not 'a far corner of the world' as has been claimed.

Remember it was the Germans who invented the car! and this comes from someone who really doesn't like German cars much. Respect, yes. Like, no.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:46 AM
AOC
TECH Regular

STOCK for STOCK at speed the BMW would murder a C5 z06.
The new M5 has a fair chance from a roll against a C5 Z06.
First you say M5 would MURDER C5Z and now M5 only have a fair chance? So which is it?

it's not that, but more the fact that if any non GM car is mentioned you get ripped on BIG time, and claims that nothing can beat a Z06. Just read this thread if you don't beleive me.
You keep implying that people have said C5Z is unbeatable, please point out any posts where people are seriously stating this. It's only you who keep saying C5Z isn't mother of all cars and not unbeatable. Any knowledgeable people knows that any car can be beaten, but you are fabricating things to fit your argument.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AOC
First you say M5 would MURDER C5Z and now M5 only have a fair chance? So which is it?

You keep implying that people have said C5Z is unbeatable, please point out any posts where people are seriously stating this. It's only you who keep saying C5Z isn't mother of all cars and not unbeatable. Any knowledgeable people knows that any car can be beaten, but you are fabricating things to fit your argument.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Skarecrow
The noble is fantastic, and yeah we DO have them here, but they're about $75k or $80k in US funds if I remember correctly, which places them at one and a half times the cost of a C5 z06, or about $5k-$15k more than a C6 z06 (depending on dealer markup).

That being said, if I had the cash to own a couple cars, a Noble would definatly be on my short list. I'd totally be taking it racing as often as possible. From what I understand, it handles like nothing else in it's performance class.

Between races, it'd be sitting in my garage right between the lingenfelter TT427 C6 and the '68 Shelby GT-500.
whats a noble, if i may ask?? specs? is it actually a better car than the c6 z06?
Old 10-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

ok guys we have raced an 2005 M5 with a Z06, from a standstill the vette takes it but on a highway roll there is no comparison the winner is the M5, we have also tested a C5 383 510hp with the same M5 and the winner was C5. i will post the videos tomorrow.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
whats a noble, if i may ask?? specs? is it actually a better car than the c6 z06?
It's a car made by Mr Lee Noble. He has a team of 300 workers in S. Africa where the body's are made, they also happen to make a lot of the AC Cobra replica body's.

The main plant in the UK is where the chassis it built and engines and final assembly when the bodies arrive.

They use a Ford Duratec 3.0 V6, well based on one anyhow, it runs twin Garrett turbo's and currently produces 425bhp STOCK and emmisions friendly.

It has been rated more than once as the best handling car in the world.

Recently is lapped a FULL 4 seconds faster than a Ford GT, by the same BMW test/race driver.

Noble - 76.6 seconds
Ford GT - 81.7 seconds

Also running where a Corvette C5 Z51, Porsche 911 GT3, Ferrari 430, BMW M5, Evo VIIII and several others. The Ford GT was faster than all of these.

In the UK a Noble will cost similar to a regular C6 Corvette.

Here's a new model not yet released:

As for better, well that's a personal matter.

IMO I say it's an alternative. But point to point on the road or circuit very few road legal cars would be faster. In fact on a circuit it's really only the likes of the Enzo that'll be quicker, but then again the same could be said of the new C6 Z06
Old 10-17-2005, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by vtanju
ok guys we have raced an 2005 M5 with a Z06, from a standstill the vette takes it but on a highway roll there is no comparison the winner is the M5, we have also tested a C5 383 510hp with the same M5 and the winner was C5. i will post the videos tomorrow.
how bad did the z06 loose from a roll?

Quick Reply: C5 Z06 Vs. Bmw M5??