Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me vs. Audi S4 vs. Ram SRT-10

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by InsomZ
4drassassin's S4 is quick.. i only got a car length (from what i remeber) against him when my z06 was bone stock 341rwhp.. his s4 was right there.

stock vs stock = ls1
a ko4 turbo'd s4 would walk a stock ls1, bolt on, and give a cam'd yellow swan a good run for its $.. i know 4dr assassin did beat a bolt on black z06 when he had race gas in the family wagon lol

thats a whole different ball game youre talking about. k04's are an UPGRADE for those cars, thats no where near 'bolt on' status... and i personally dont give a **** about 4drass's car. i have a bike, and unless youre pushing 850rwhp, dont even bother.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LSfast1
if they had the supporting mods they would. i raced another guy i know who has a 99 TT S4 with twin k04s ( i didnt know at the time but found out later that he had them) and i beat him by about 2 cars from a 40-125 hit. but thats all he had was just twin k04's and a CAI. josh
It must have been an 00 because no 99s were brought over to the states unless he had it shipped from Germany...be suprised if that was the case. If he only had the K04s and a CAI, then he would be no faster than stock. CAIs really don't do anything on a stock boost S4. K04s don't add any power either if they aren't pushing more boost/timing as well. He might gain 10 ponies from adding K04s w/o running an aftermarket chip. That's if he was lucky. If that open air filter in his engine bay wasn't sectioned off from the heat of the engine, his car would probably lose a couple ponies.

Originally Posted by strokedmti422
the old s4's arent fast from a roll on. same reason wrx's arent as fast from a roll as they are from a dig. chip only isnt going to hang with an ls1 on the highway.
LOL. And a stock WRX would get pulled by a stock S4 from a roll. Especially if you are comparing say a 2001 to 2001. Anyways, who said a chip only S4? From the topic starter's post, sounds like his buddy had a chip, exhaust & downpiped car. That's a 55-65whp gain and 70-100wtq gain. If you had 100 octane, changed just the timing (same PSI) you can gain another 30whp (which is what my 100 oct. race program does) @ HP peak and even more in the 5200-6500 range. S4s with those mods have run 12.6-12.9 @ 108-111 car. Enough to run with or pull some "basically stock" LS1s running around the streets. I've pulled or run even with close to stock LS1s before on the highway in that setup. Yes, HIGHWAY..NOT FROM A DIG. Key words, "close to stock". I don't know your experiences with the S4, but I know what I've seen and experienced. I'm no rookie to the S4, nor to the LS1. I know what both cars are capable of doing from a dig and a roll. I've run more than enough LS1s over the past 5 years to know what the car can and cannot run with on the highway. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a board member or two on here that have gotten surprised by slow from a roll car on the highway.

Answer a question for me then, why didn't the topic starter just run away from the modified stock turbo'd S4 if they are so slow from a roll? Why did he have such a hard time with it?

Originally Posted by strokedmti422
thats a whole different ball game youre talking about. k04's are an UPGRADE for those cars, thats no where near 'bolt on' status... and i personally dont give a **** about 4drass's car. i have a bike, and unless youre pushing 850rwhp, dont even bother.
No reason to start cussin'. Yes, K04s are an upgrade but are factory Audi parts. They are barely bigger than the stock K03. Basically, all of the parts are from another Audi car based off the same platform (RS4) and bolt directly on w/ zero modification. Only non-Audi go fast parts are the exhaust system and ECU tune, that's it. Turbos are still very tiny compared to FAST cars.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 11-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RoAdRaGe912
good runs, but if your car isn't running strong it has nothing to do with the rear 02s. like has already been said they are ONLY there to check and see if the cat is working. they won't affect the way the car performs.

Actually, it will affect the way the car performs. Because if the computer fails to recognize an available functioning catalytic converter, it would cut fuel substantially due to the fact that a possible meltdown of the catalytic converter might occur.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by black00TA
Nope, because I wasn't directing it to you.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:35 PM
Teching In

What were you directing? I'm confused. I was directing that message to roadrage
Old 11-08-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it was directed toward the s4 guy enlightening us all on his knowledge of the car he owns.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by black00TA
it was directed toward the s4 guy enlightening us all on his knowledge of the car he owns.
I wasn't trying to "enlighten" everyone on my knowledge of the S4. If you don't like what I've said or it's too much for you, just ignore me. Excuse me for being "too long winded" for you. Wasn't my intention. Peace.

Last edited by 4DR Assassin; 11-08-2005 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:52 AM
Teching In

I am the S4 that the t/a raced. I have a GIAC chip, lightned flywheel, Neuspeed exhaust, b and m short throw, and diverter valves. I dont have K04s. on the second race we went from a 30 roll and i was in 2nd gear below 3000 rpms so my turbos werent kickin in yet, so i was a little behind until we got to 130. i would have liked to gotten to 160 but there was traffic. me and the t/a r gonna run again and ill let u know the results! but i have ran better times at the drag strip than the t/a : )
Old 11-10-2005, 12:56 AM
Teching In

My dad has the ram srt10. he has magna flow exhaust, k+n cai, and the dc performance chip that says it adds 90hp and 110 pft. His low end power has increased big time, but it didnt help him that much on the top end. He is normally a car ahead of me until we hit 120 then i walk on him pretty bad, but we havent raced from a dig yet
Old 11-11-2005, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1BadS4
I am the S4 that the t/a raced. I have a GIAC chip, lightned flywheel, Neuspeed exhaust, b and m short throw, and diverter valves. I dont have K04s. on the second race we went from a 30 roll and i was in 2nd gear below 3000 rpms so my turbos werent kickin in yet, so i was a little behind until we got to 130. i would have liked to gotten to 160 but there was traffic. me and the t/a r gonna run again and ill let u know the results! but i have ran better times at the drag strip than the t/a : )
whats up mason. oh yeah we'll have to run again. and get joey in there too. nice to see u posting.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by noride
i turned down a race from a new srt 10 ram in my camaro ss did not know if i could take him
Racing someone is a good way to see if you can take them or not. Unless there's money involved, run some challenges. Its great motivation, and if you win your really motivated anyway

Quick Reply: Me vs. Audi S4 vs. Ram SRT-10