Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

3 races with modified Lancer

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 03:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01ls1lover
Why is quick Z06 always first to nock somone for an evo kill always have an escuse.. if he had this or that or the rite tune.. well what if the ss had something besides a lid and a cutout? ya the evo dont have a chance. unless he has more mods that the ss. and what if the ss had about 20 lbs of boost? ya what now.
I dont think he knocked the guy at all for the evo kill, just saying that a cammed, exhaust, tuned evo shouldnt be beat like that unless he isnt tuned right. My buddy has an 04 evo mr with pretty much the same mods and he puts down over 300 awhp (think it was 315-320 awhp cant remember), and when we race its him edging me by a couple cars from a roll and he kills me from a dig, so a stock 2001 z28 would have a hard time beating a fully tuned evo with those mods, that all. But again the guy with the evo could have been lying about his mods, or he might have been a shitty driver, or the original poster might be one hell of a driver, and anything can happen when street racing so again I dont think 1quikz06 is bashing the original poster, just saying he should have put up a better fight than he did.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the 4 MPG is at WOT, and yeah the cluch grabs hard to handle the power......
Old 11-18-2005, 05:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Juiced
the 4 MPG is at WOT, and yeah the cluch grabs hard to handle the power......
4 mpg is 4 mpg.....a 405hp ls6 will probably get a considerable amount better than 4mpg, even while being flogged around a race track. Keep in mind, the ls6 must also pass more strict emissions laws and be tuned to run on 93 octane. Regardless, the 400 isn't a street car so the high fuel consumption doesn't came as a surprise.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Actually at WOT i watched my vette get 4.X miles to the gallon down the freeway at 5500 rpm in 4th.......

gotta love Instantaneous MPG
Old 11-18-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^ certaintly not good and almost hard to believe considering naturally aspirated formula 1 cars get 4mpg while spinning to 18000rpm
Old 11-18-2005, 06:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
No because how would 5.7 litres of V8 being compared to 2.0 litre and 4 cylinders be any more equal of fair?
hOLY sH*T dude, how long are you going to cling to that pathetic age-old cliche ricer argument of "yeah but your engine is bigger, no fair!" LOL. What the F*ck is the point of saying that?? There is NO point dumbass. A CAR IS WHAT IT IS from the factory!! If it's faster, it's obviously faster for SOME reason! Be it more cubes & liters or if it came from the factory with a blower or if it's lighter etc etc. How is that "unfair"??? That doesn't even make sense.

And I love how the ricers always conveniently forego the part about the forced induction. Sure one has 5.7 liters and one has 2.0 liters. But gee, is that where the story ends?? Umm, no. The 2.0 liter motor is a forged engine with a blower!! DUHHHH. LOL!

However once you get into the mod game than it gets a little silly to compare a modded to the hilt car vs a mildly modded car as if its a reflection that the modded to the hilt car has more potential or as if they are generally faster. At that point it just becomes a mod war. Whoever has deeper wallets in the mod war wins. Simple as that.

When people sit here and discuss car's potentials it makes no sense to compare one with far more extreme modding to another with much less extreme modding. That is a truly UNFAIR comparison of the two cars. if you want to compare a particular make & model vs another one the only way to make a fair comparison is as they came from the factory (stock for stock) or mod for mod. Otherwise you are no longer compare the cars, but their owners wallets.

Why is this a concept that you can't ever seem to grasp 300bph?? It's really quite basic.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:46 PM
TECH Regular

Why is quick Z06 always first to nock somone for an evo kill always have an escuse.. if he had this or that or the rite tune.. well what if the ss had something besides a lid and a cutout? ya the evo dont have a chance. unless he has more mods that the ss. and what if the ss had about 20 lbs of boost? ya what now.

Lol, if I was knocking him I would have said "no way he could beat the Evo with those mods" blah blah blah...I could care less if an Evo loses a race. The reason I speak up is from experience, I happen to own an Evo if you havent noticed and I have raced several SS's, WS6's, and our Z06 all the time so its not like I dont know what im talking about. Also you might want to re-read the thread, he said he won and lost so why would I be knocking him. I said nice run and that I thought he had a strong car (wow thats knocking him??)

Just to **** you off, if your best is 12.8 with those mods you'd find youself way behind my Evo with about $2500 into it

Last edited by Quik Z06; 11-18-2005 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Resident

PS- and stop comparing these stupid *** Special edition $80k to $200k foreign cars that are totally impractical to $20,000 american muscle cars that actually are practical. Just more ridiculous unfair comparisons that serve no purpose. Thats the only way foreigners and foreign car fans can do it. Because I don't care what anyone says, the USA has been kicking foreign *** as long as I can remember in the bang for the buck category when it comes to speed.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
Lol, if I was knocking him I would have said "no way he could beat the Evo with those mods" blah blah blah...I could care less if an Evo loses a race. The reason I speak up is from experience, I happen to own an Evo if you havent noticed and I have raced several SS's, WS6's, and our Z06 all the time so its not like I dont know what im talking about. Also you migth want to re-read the thread, he said he won and lost so why would I be knocking him.

Just to **** you off, if your best is 12.8 with those mods youd find youself way behind my Evo wuth about $2500 into it
You satrted with the escuses.. ( must have not been tuned rite..) ok dude. and 2500 into it huh? over how much did you pay for it? and im running on shittie as cheap $100 tires not AWD i paid $19,000 for my car and about $800 on exhuast. Let me go spend about 500 on a stall get some slicks then talk some ****.Point is buck for buck your car isnt **** for what you payed. Now i dont wanna start a huge argument online.. you like your car ya its fast i give it credit. But bang for the buck.. it just isnt worth it to me.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Quik Z06

Just to **** you off, if your best is 12.8 with those mods you'd find youself way behind my Evo with about $2500 into it
All he has is full exhaust WITH cats & CAI. His time of 12.8@110.5 in an A4 is actually pretty good. $2500 Mods on a much more expensive factory blown/forged motor car should certainly produce better times than a cheaper NA car with about $1000 in power mods. Certainly nothing to brag about. Heck, just look what $2500 dollars in mods does for an 03 Cobra.

And for the record I don't know about "way" behind.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:25 PM
LS7 Member

You satrted with the escuses.. ( must have not been tuned rite..) ok dude. and 2500 into it huh? over how much did you pay for it? and im running on shittie as cheap $100 tires not AWD i paid $19,000 for my car and about $800 on exhuast. Let me go spend about 500 on a stall get some slicks then talk some ****.Point is buck for buck your car isnt **** for what you payed. Now i dont wanna start a huge argument online.. you like your car ya its fast i give it credit. But bang for the buck.. it just isnt worth it to me.
Why do you keep bringing up cost? Your car is at the least 3 years old, and is more than likely 5 or more. He got a new car for more that what your used car cost, big deal. How much was your car when it was new? Does it make you mad that he could sell his car and buy one like yours and make it alot faster with the left over money? Thats like saying you can't justify spending the money on a new c6 z06 when you can mod a c5 z06 to match or better the performance.

My car with a $500 tbe, $80 mbc, $200 tune, and 2 gallons of good gas would have smoked your car. But then again, a stock fbody with a healthy shot of nitrous could whoop me. We all like to enjoy our toys our toys in different ways .

Ps: Stock for stock, an evo will out handle, out brake, and will match the straight line performance of your car.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

They are really too different to compare and both have good points.

I like the fbodies better because in my opinion they look better, sound better, have heritage in the US, t-tops, half the price(fits my budget), wanted a 2 door, I know more about them, me and friends drooled over them in highschool, and I like cars that can make good n/a power.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
Ps: Stock for stock, an evo will out handle, out brake, and will match the straight line performance of your car.
No offense, but a '02 Z28 had a base price of about 22k compared to ~29k for an '03 Evo. That is a 7k difference, if we say $500 for inflation, that would be a $6500 diff.

Regardless of this, the fbody was at the end of it's line (10 yrs. old--5yrs with the ls1) in '02 and if GM would have kept making it, the 1/4, handling and braking would have surely improved. I'm not saying it would have topped the Evo in handling, but it would've been much closer.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

Good points matt, you took some words outta my keys. Thanks for saving me the time, lol.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:40 PM
12 Second Club

Why do you keep bringing up cost? Your car is at the least 3 years old, and is more than likely 5 or more. He got a new car for more that what your used car cost, big deal. How much was your car when it was new? Does it make you mad that he could sell his car and buy one like yours and make it alot faster with the left over money? Thats like saying you can't justify spending the money on a new c6 z06 when you can mod a c5 z06 to match or better the performance.

My car with a $500 tbe, $80 mbc, $200 tune, and 2 gallons of good gas would have smoked your car. But then again, a stock fbody with a healthy shot of nitrous could whoop me. We all like to enjoy our toys our toys in different ways .

No im not jealouse all i was meaning by the expense thing is showing how dumb it acually was .. This is getting stupid. Im not arguiung the fact of cost. I really dont care. And if he says he can beat me like he says more power to him. Im ending this argument. i appolagize for the first comment i made to Z06.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Regular

Lol, look...I made that comment to instigate Im just saying, "about the thread" it was a good race for both cars. Im not making excuses, just from what I know an Evo with full exhaust, cams and a tune will be faster than a slightly modded Z28 thats it.

Ive never ran my Evo at the track, but know a guy with the same mods running 11.8, and I have beat friends that run low 12's all day long.

Anyways... I agree no point in arguing this...As mentioned good runs, byt the original poster.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KB99WS6

As far as the GT35R, I can't imagine the rest of the Evo holding up that well to that kind of power. I'd imagine when all is said and done it's a lot of money to get the car properly setup

I thought the same thing, however there are numerous guys running 550awhp+ on pump gas with alcohol or meth injection on the stock motor (minus cams of course!). One guy EVODAVE who does custom headlights, tail-lights has been running that setup for over a year now on the stock block!
Old 01-07-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Why does everyone always get into these stupid *** arguements like, "if the SS had a blower... or if the EVO had 5.7L blah blah. Who cares?? Some EVO's are very fast as so are F-bods/vettes. I personally love my TA and havent spent much $$ in mods and when I do eventually get some drag radials I hope to run mid 11's. I also love EVO's as well, they can be very fast, have AWD(great in the snow here), look pretty good, and have trunk space and enough room to fit passengers comfortably. I just do not understand all the EVO bashing by everyone around here. The EVO is a awesome daily driver/grocery getter that can still beat most cars on the road. I want to buy one, but I am starting to save for my airplane, lol. **** driving. Just my .02
Old 01-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Launching!

Stock for stock lets not forget the Evo's stock version is the Plain Regular Lancer. Evo = modified Lancer... so how can you compaire it with an unmodified car?
Old 01-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
Stock for stock lets not forget the Evo's stock version is the Plain Regular Lancer. Evo = modified Lancer... so how can you compaire it with an unmodified car?
Your kidding right? Please tell me you don't honestly believe that.