Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Who will win 99 H/C Trans AM vs 99 Eclipse GSX

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

only do the bottle just in case he has a built motor, better safe than sorry.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:38 AM
Teching In

So? What was the outcome? Did you guys run?
Old 11-29-2005, 04:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by diambo4life
So? What was the outcome? Did you guys run?
His starter was out this weekend or he said... ha... Should be on for this coming up weekend as long as it's not 20 degrees making it unbeleviably hard for me to hook. Also I should be posting a vid. Should be a 1/4th mile race.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:04 AM
Teching In

It sounds to me that he's somewhat a dumbass, judging from what you've said about him. So what makes you think he knows how to launch? Like you just said, as long as its not too cold-i wouldn't be too scared of him without n20 in the 1/4. And, IMO fpgreen's aren't that impressive. The red's with cams/stroker are the only ones i've ever seen that impressed me.....for the 6 days they were running.....
Old 11-29-2005, 09:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GhettoTy
With a stock bottom end is that motor really gonna hold up to 400hp? With the spray you will definitely take him, but if you make sure to race to over a 100 then you should be ok.
YES its been proven time and time again, How come LS1 and mustang guys dont belive this? Its proven. On a side not A stock block was pushed to 600hp on a few dyno pulls but it blow up later on, that was done just to see what it would do for RD along time ago.

If he has a good tune and is at full boost he should be around to were you head and cam LS1 is at. I didnt look at you mod list but if you have somthing mild he migh take you........
Old 11-29-2005, 09:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evo_killer
It sounds to me that he's somewhat a dumbass, judging from what you've said about him. So what makes you think he knows how to launch? Like you just said, as long as its not too cold-i wouldn't be too scared of him without n20 in the 1/4. And, IMO fpgreen's aren't that impressive. The red's with cams/stroker are the only ones i've ever seen that impressed me.....for the 6 days they were running.....
Ive hustled countless people by being a dumbass, And made alot of money that way. I mean comon your really going to give up whats done to your car if its a money race? Its like playing cars you fucken bluff no matter what. And to those people who like to go around telling whats done to your car call me when it gets broken into and your gets stolen.

How do you think people know to steal your car or what to steal off it, its word of mouth.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by outlaw 5.3
Knew a guy with a 98 GSX that was a mid-9s car. Be cautious with him, those things are deadly quiet and then haul ***.
If he really ran mid-9s, he must be one of the fastest 2g dsm's in the country. I don't know what the records are, but a local guy who now works at AMS has a 2nd gen GSX that went like 11.0s with a dickton of time and money in it...and I'm assuming he is knowledgable since he works there.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:54 PM
Teching In

And, I'm sure he knows all about how hustling works...but theres always a dumbass or two in every town that can't drive. By the way "Boostedrs"-since you're in Etown...do you ever come to Louisville to streetrace?
Old 11-29-2005, 01:04 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My car has a tired old motor, flowmasters, and a MASSIVE exhaust leak. Wanna race for $50?
Old 11-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Teching In

Since you got forged pistons in that...how much you sprayin? 250? And, whats a typhoon intake?
Old 11-29-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it should be a good race. Awd can pull 1.6 60fts on street tires you might get that too on nittos but think 1.9 is more reasonable probably. At your power level really need something like et street radials.

You have a talon so you should know what awd can do on launch.
I think they guy has likey 300 to 350 rwhp if he has all the supporting mods done on pump. 400 would require all the extra goodies likely on street gas...cams,sheet metal intake manifold,big fmic.

I had a 92 talon with AGP Rs49 50 trim and fuel and tuning mods but never got to really try it out as had a shot stock clutch and factory sidemount which wasn't cutting it.Still the car suprised many people including a few f body buds in our local club.
I am now building a ***** to the wall 97 talon with forged engine,big FP 3065 ball bearing turbo and of course all proper support mods,clutch ,big fmic,big injectors and pump and reg and all the tuning mods I need to do it right. It should be able to pull off some 11s with ease. Buddy with a similar setup is running low 11s on street tires already and still on pump. But the 50 trim is a bit smaller so think you have a chance right now on pump gas. If he runs race and the tune is close enough then it could be very close or he could beat you.If he can shift. A two step also makes big difference on launching these cars.Also he is maybe a few hundred pounds or more lighter than your car. Possibly close to four hundred pounds lighter. That helps a bit too.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by evo_killer
And, I'm sure he knows all about how hustling works...but theres always a dumbass or two in every town that can't drive. By the way "Boostedrs"-since you're in Etown...do you ever come to Louisville to streetrace?
I come up there to watch and do some messin around with some of the cars. I haven't really messed with the $$$ racing yet dont have any FI yet

And I know he isn't tryin to hustle me because I knew the previous owner of the car and what it had done. The guy who has it now bought it and just drove it. He knows nothing about DSM's **** I'd be suprised if he knew how to turn up the boost... lol When he bough the car it was at 13 psi for prolly 2 months.

The guy from what I have seen he can launch the car pretty good I mean not the best launch from what I've seen but should be a good holeshot. I should have a vid of this race to post up. Hopefully I'll be able to take him.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

So the guy finally got his junk out and setup the race....
I have a video but will have to figure out how to post it Ima a comptard lol...
It's also during the day so you can actually see what happens.

As for the race we kicked em off and went 1/8th mile both times. He wouldn't do 1/4th so I agreed to do 1/8th.

First race poured down some VHT with my lane prepped very well before the race and his lane unprepped and not very good. Warmed up the Nittos and was ready to go. We had a flagger start us so I start reving to about 4.5k and get ready to slip the clutch and go. Well I get the reaction on the GSX and pull about half a car for a second and see him slip by about 1/2 car or so. Not a good launch for him. I finish rev the hell outa first gear and try to shift later at about 6900 or so.... try to hit 2nd bam bam grind grind **** then it finally goes in. I look up he pulls about 1 1/2 cars or so on me. So I start sweating bullets. I start pulling hard on him reeling him in fast. Boom hit 3rd and I'm about 1/2 a car behind him now. Now I'm in 3rd the almighty gear for the LS1 I pull back **** the end is coming up.... start pulling pulling and damn look at the finish line and I'm a fender ahead... damn that was close.

After that race the guy starts getting shitty with me and says that our flagger jumped out in front of him when he was launching and he let off. So I talk to the flagger he agreed he did kinda jump out in front of him because he said my car swung out kinda nasty looking and he said he jumped in front of the other car cause he was afraid I would hit him. So I agreed we will do 2 out of 3 for the money because our flagger jumped out. By now I was sure I would spank him cause I missed 2nd gear so hard and still pulled.

Next race do a big burnout get the stickies hot and get ready to launch this beast. I start reving to 4k because I spun too much outa the hole on the last race. I get ready to launch and again I get the reaction time on him and launch a little faster. But damn I see his AWD power kick in and pull about a car on me. By now I'm not worried cause my top end will come back and pull him. I start reving first out he is still staying about a car in front of me bam shift into 2nd at about 6800 (damn I hit it!) and start reeling him in bad... I gain my car back and put about a 1/2 - 1 car on him. Then it's time for 3rd nail it at same rpms about 6700 or so. Then start leaving him... I look back and see about 3 cars by the end of the 1/8th mile...

I was pretty happy with the results because I wasn't hooking the best out there.... I did a few practice passes out there and was launching at 5k no problem and hookin it... But by the time we raced the sun was going down and the temp dropped alot.... so the conditions changed alot but a Win is a Win. He said I jumped him too but... a chase is a race... don't chase if I jump.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Good kill.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

I don't know much about manuals but isn't it pretty hard to miss 2nd?

1-3-5
| | |
2-4-6

Am I right? J/W.

Glad you killed that homo.

Dan
Old 01-13-2006, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

Depends on the health of you tranny and how good of a driver you are. Just becasue it is straight down doesnt mean that the timming of the movements is correct. It also doesnt gaurantee the synchros are in good health either.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

Ah I see.

I know very little about standards.

Dan
Old 01-16-2006, 10:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hurley_21_07
I don't know much about manuals but isn't it pretty hard to miss 2nd?

1-3-5
| | |
2-4-6

Am I right? J/W.

Glad you killed that homo.

Dan
What I did was over-rev the tranny in first gear and it grinded going into 1st it was like it wasn't there... I think it was because I took it way too high in 1st gear due to spinning. But ya other then that I never miss 2nd haha.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Teching In

If you're lucky he has the stock clutch, and will burn it off the line trying to have a great launch, and the race won't even need to happen.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by black00SS
If you're lucky he has the stock clutch, and will burn it off the line trying to have a great launch, and the race won't even need to happen.
Umm did you read any of the post he has already raced and won.