Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

00' Trans am vs. 01 z06

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 06:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RAIDER
I don't know what i run in the 1/4 mile, cause there's not one too close to me. I did run a 1/8 track and trapped 87 mph. My e.t. wasnt too great, best of 8.3, my first time at the track, but what threw me off was it was also my first time with dr's cause I had just barely got them and couldn't launch right for ****. Anyway, maybe someone can help translate this into a 1/4 time?
Since we are discussing about an '01 year definitely your MPH put you in a Stock Z06 territory at 1/8mile sign

i've seen '01 Bone stock Z06 running in the heat of summer !!

1/8 8.369
MPH 88.61

so it's possible man & nice kill though

peace
Old 12-03-2005, 12:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know what i run in the 1/4 mile, cause there's not one too close to me. I did run a 1/8 track and trapped 87 mph. My e.t. wasnt too great, best of 8.3, my first time at the track, but what threw me off was it was also my first time with dr's cause I had just barely got them and couldn't launch right for ****. Anyway, maybe someone can help translate this into a 1/4 time?
I can help you out on that man....

I run 12.8s at 111 in my car with 2.0ish 60fts. I run the 1/8th in the 8.3s as well. So there ya go man....should be pretty close.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks, I like those numbers, now we just have to get our 60' times down. Also what kind of shot are you on 11.8's just when I need it sounds good.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by redsscamaroboy
So if you raced a SS and won then,they are all pretty easy to pull from???

So by saying,"i raced an 02 ZO6 and won" i should not worry about any of them?

I could be splitting hairs,but from your post that is what stood out to me.
Maybe it's because i have an SS,who knows.

Dave
Man you guys like to twist things dont you? ALL im saying is Ive raced a couple and beat them, im not saying I would beat all of them, hell we lost to a SC'd one, big deal. My point was Z06 vs SS, WS6 etc the Z06 should pull assuming they can drive, thats all I meant to say. Lol, glad I didnt mention my encounter with one in the Evo we would really be
Old 12-03-2005, 03:40 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks, I like those numbers, now we just have to get our 60' times down. Also what kind of shot are you on 11.8's just when I need it sounds good.
Yeah I know..the 60ft is where it's at. I will be mouning the Nittos up that I had on my previous TA this spring, and installing a Textralia clutch setup. I am looking for some 60s in the 1.8s on the ole 10 bolt

I am running the NOS 5177 kit with the jets for the 125 shot, I believe they are the .036 ones. It came out to about a 100rwhp 155rwtq gain though
Old 12-03-2005, 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
Man you guys like to twist things dont you? ALL im saying is Ive raced a couple and beat them, im not saying I would beat all of them, hell we lost to a SC'd one, big deal. My point was Z06 vs SS, WS6 etc the Z06 should pull assuming they can drive, thats all I meant to say. Lol, glad I didnt mention my encounter with one in the Evo we would really be
I don't think i twisted anything. You said you pull pretty easy from SS's.
If it's a street race does that mean everyone is stock?
My point is my SS has whooped a ZO6,i say congrats to you for beating a few SS's though.
Pretty sure you would not pull from ALL Camaro SS's,sorry a little touchy this week.
No offense meant,just can't say i agree with your statement(s).

Anything happens on the streets,has been proven time and time again.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

That site that was posted is crap....It lists pretty much the worst times that people get due to bad driving...
Old 12-06-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Regular

8.3 in the 1/8th.....equals out to about 12.86 in the 1/4th if it holds through the whole way, this is with the bad 60 ft. too......
Old 12-07-2005, 02:15 AM
On The Tree

Havent had many problems with bolt on f-bodys in my z06. I know a guy that has all the bolts on, gears, stall, tune, ect. and I beat on him pretty good from a dig or stop. Last time we race I had flip flops on, we all know what a bitch those are to drive in, and I pulled out 2 cars on him from a dig.

I think it all depends. The most important factor in a Z06 is the driver. Nailing the launch and the 1-2 shift is what will get you good numbers in a Z06. Some guys can't do that very well.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:24 AM
11 Second Club

Havent had many problems with bolt on f-bodys in my z06. I know a guy that has all the bolts on, gears, stall, tune, ect. and I beat on him pretty good from a dig or stop. Last time we race I had flip flops on, we all know what a bitch those are to drive in, and I pulled out 2 cars on him from a dig.
I know of a few bolt-on cars that easily run low 11's with a good tire.
Curious to see what your car runs ,i agree with a ZO6 the power to weight ratio is there,but,I think that a bolt on (especially stalled) LS1 would give it much troubles from a dig.Just my opinion.

Congrats on the win,by the way.

My set-up is only Headers,cat-back,lid and a stall . And i run 7.8x's with a 1.61.
My point is i only have a few bolt-ons and NO WHERE near ALL bolt-ons or any weight reduction.

I look forward to runs with ZO6's ,i put that car out there as my goal. Ya know what i mean? Have only raced a few though,but never had to spray to win(YET),lol.

Dave

Last edited by redsscamaroboy; 12-07-2005 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

I havent really got to the track with mine yet. But I did put down 364rwhp stock, now I have a Halltech Trap Intake and HPtuners. So I'm guessing I'm right at 380rwhp.

Good tires and a 6 speed can whip up on a stalled out car any day of the week if you got a good driver ;-)
Old 12-07-2005, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Nice kill, but honestly it seems nowadays everyone thinks that a higher hp car will automatically win no matter what, the driver doesnt come into play...It gets so old hearing people quote mag times or that most z06's or any other car run XXX @ XXX mph after someone posts a kill. Its not like he posted that he beat a viper or new c6 z06 or a lambo or something outrageous, he said he ran pretty much even with an 01 z06, which usually dyno lower than the 02-04 c5 z06's. A win is a win, no matter if it was due to traction, bad driver, etc...I understand there are some exceptions when its a car that has significantly more HP and it shouldnt have been a contest but it gets so old hearing how a race couldnt have happened how it did because one car has slightly more hp and is a little lighter....With EVERYTHING being equal drivers/traction/etc yea the z06 should win but it doesnt happen like that in the real world.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

I bet his traction control system could have been still on. In the cold when traction is a bitch if you have that thing on it is horribleeee! Just another thought
Old 12-07-2005, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice runs and keep it up. Street racing is just that: street racing. I swear I drive better on the street than ever at the track. I see some 60 foot times that I have beaten and they have a better 1/4 trap time. Most of the time I wonder who's really telling the truth.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:39 PM
11 Second Club

Driving is obviously a huge part of racing. Regardless of how much power either car had, he was able to run neck and neck with a Z06.
Good job.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:26 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chrisrokc
Good tires and a 6 speed can whip up on a stalled out car any day of the week if you got a good driver ;-)
That's right .... You keep telling yourself that!

That's good stuff right there.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:39 AM
On The Tree

That's right .... You keep telling yourself that!

That's good stuff right there.
I came from a built auto in my f-body with over 550rwhp to this 380rwhp lightweight z06 with a 6 speed. I prefer the z06 all the way around, f-body was way faster in a straight line though.

Now, yes, at the track your average auto car driver will have more consistant times. Where as your average stick driver will not. Now a good stick driver can have consistant times. Stock vs stock, stick cars will be faster. A stick car will only be as fast as the driver can drive it in the long run. Thats why alot of people swap over to auto's when they get into the low 10's, 9's, 8's. Just too hard to drive to get the right numbers.

Now your saying I can keep telling my self that. I will take my z06 with 380rwhp with a CCW Drag Pak and proper supporting output shafts over a stalled, 400hp f-body any day of the week in a straight line.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

I do agree with a lot of what your saying,and it is personal preferance(sp).
When i had my Saleen,it was a M5 with a Centerforce clutch and gears .
That was a blast to drag/drive and run on the road courses with.
But even with slicks,(this car) got a best of a 1.71 60ft (E/T streets).

Now my SS with a PT4000 Yank convertor with only Nitto's pulls 1.61-1.63 60 fts with stock internals full weight all day every day type thing. Lifts a tire out of the hole and pulls some fairly good air on a 150 shot on it's way to 1.5's.
The shift extension of a good stall is perfect for keeping things really rolling .

Your ZO6 with a good driver(You) at the track verses my SS with good tires. I don't think you will be whipping,my stalled out car on any day of the week.
Now i don't put out ZO6 horse power on motor,and push way more than ZO6 power on the bottle so a mph race is not going to happen. Can't run ZO6 mph all motor and spraying is not a fair compairison either. BUT, Looking at E/T,that's where you gotta love a good stalled out car.

Dropped over 1 second of stock times with exhaust and a convertor,what can a M6 do to drop 1 second without Nitrous?

Again i LOVE driving a manual,at times i would like to have a M6 LS1(6).
But a Bolt-on A4 with a good tire and stall will give a ZO6 a good run,not the New 06 but you knew that anyway,cause your a smart guy.

I would take your ZO6 for a quality all around car too over any F-body,so don't get me wrong there. Love the ZO6,just can't afford one
Just talking about stalled out F-bodies here.

Dave

Last edited by redsscamaroboy; 12-08-2005 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:06 AM
11 Second Club

I prefer the z06 all the way around, f-body was way faster in a straight line though

Your T/A by your mods list was bolt-ons,no stall listed....

You admitted your T/A was,faster in a straight line...

Havent had many problems with bolt on f-bodys in my z06. I know a guy that has all the bolts on, gears, stall, tune, ect. and I beat on him pretty good from a dig or stop

Good thing you don't race your old T/A,huh...

Not trying to be a dick,but please pick 1 theme and go with it.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Your T/A by your mods list was bolt-ons,no stall listed....

You admitted your T/A was,faster in a straight line...

Good thing you don't race your old T/A,huh...

Not trying to be a dick,but please pick 1 theme and go with it.
Alot of stuff wasn't listed in my sig because it is maxed out letter wise.

But yea, I am talking 400rwhp f-body vs 380rwhp Z06..... not 550+rwhp 690rwtq Trans Am.

Quick Reply: 00' Trans am vs. 01 z06