Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a New 06 CrossFire.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the SRT-6 is definitely overpriced, but comon i think you guys are being a little too hard on it. i've seen Z28s run only a 105 or 106 before, so for a SC V6 to trap 107/108 is pretty impressive. i've driven them before (i work at a Chrysler dealership) they're definitely fun. and the sensation from the blower pushing you back in the seat is pretty fun. the only thing that sucks for that car is that it's automatic only :[
Old 12-30-2005, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by loudpipes
the SRT-6 is definitely overpriced, but comon i think you guys are being a little too hard on it. i've seen Z28s run only a 105 or 106 before, so for a SC V6 to trap 107/108 is pretty impressive. i've driven them before (i work at a Chrysler dealership) they're definitely fun. and the sensation from the blower pushing you back in the seat is pretty fun. the only thing that sucks for that car is that it's automatic only :[
I dont think the performance itself is being bashed, its the "bang for the buck". Your own comparison is off, Z28 is like 10k, for another 35-40k I believe a S/C could be had. As far as drop top goes, lets go extreme (price wise) get like a mint 30th TA vert off autotrader/ebay for like 25k (with rediculously low miles ) spend 20k in mods......mmmmmmmm

Either option beats the hell out of the Srt6. They got the formula right with the SRt4, good power, low price, they should have maybe priced the CF around 25k and for 35k get the Srt6, more would def be on the roads then, but 50k just opens up WAY to many better possibilities.