Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

03 Mach 1 vs 02 SS??

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 06:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When did I ever magazine race?????

I told about actual numbers from my track and posted actual ET's from real drivers from corvette forum?????

If I was magazine racing Id say that Popular science got a 12.9 from a bone stock C5...

Id also say that car and driver got a 13.0 from a convertable C5 on the same day at the same track against a convertable 03 cobra that only managed a 13.1 with the same drivers...

But Im not magazine racing..

And yea..sure..Go find the fastest numbers you can for the mach1....I read so many magazines saying 13.7...But you find the ( probally fastest one ever) that says 13.2 ....

The slowest time Ive ever seen in an article for the c5 was 13.4...Ive admitted the slowest time ive ever seen for the C5...How about you go post the NUMEROUS other magazine times for the Mach1...

Oh that's right...Posting high 13's wouldnt benifit your argument..Ha ha ha ha.....

But anyway thats fine.....Well just do it your way with magazine times...

No hitech Gm or ford magazine bull crap though.....I dont beleave any of that BS...

popular sciences 12.9 vrs MT's 13.2 for your car still puts the C5 3 tenths ahead of your mach1 through the 1/4 mile....

And the C5 did that run at 110 mph...what the mach1 run the 13.2 at?????

So any way this just proves my point....The C5 is 3 tenths faster through the 1/4 mile than the mach1...And thats with a crappier 60 ft as well...

So if the average gfuy runs a 13.3 in a C5 then the average guy runs a 13.6 in the mach1...Proving my point and meaning the mach 1 is slower...

whats so hard to understand about that???????? just take a deep breath and say it with me.....the mach1 is slower than an fbody and c5 vette

You wanna act like trapp speed dosent matter???? ha ha ha

Look at all the C5's on my list trapping 107-111 mph bone stock...The reason there only running high 12's/low 13's is because there cutting 2.0 60 fts...

Put slicks on the c5 and slicks on the mach 1 with them both cutting 1.8 60 fts by the same driver and you'll see where that extra 5 mph comes into play...

Man your just too funny.....

the fact that you posted 12.9's for the 03 cobras and the fastest 13.2 that yol could find for the mach1 is even funnier...Do you honestly beleave your mach 1 is only 3 tenths slower than the terminater???

SEROIUSLY???????

Heres how it works....

03 cobras run 12.8-13.1
C5's run 13.0-13.3
Fbodys run-13.2-13.5
mach1's run 13.4-13.7

yea your gonna have freakish ones...

There have been 03 bobras that ran 12.4
two stock c5's that ran 12.6
camaros/firebirds that have ran 12.8's
and what ever your bone stock mach1's have ran 100%bone stock

But come on man....Your fooling your self...

BTW...Corvettes can pull 0-60 mph sprints in the 4.x range off 2.1 60 fts

I find it hard to beleave that mach1's or 01 cobras pull 0-60 mph sprints in the 4.x range... but if they did it was defiently off 1.9 and below 60 fts..

Not trying to burst your bubble..But you mach1 guys ( much like the STI guys) think your car is fast because you can get good 60fts and off the line quick.

I much prefer my a4 C5 were I pulled 4.9 0-60 runs off 2.1 60 fts...Did it all day at the strip bone stock using my gtech that matched the 1/8 mile and mph times on my slip...Thats real power.

I just dont understand your argument.....Whats easier to do...

gain another 5 mph through the 1/4 mile to trapp the same as a stock C5 in your mach1...

Or the c5 using Dr's or slicks ( like most people do at the strip anyway) to pull good 60 fts compared to the run flat tires the C5's come with...

The C5 is ETing lower and pulling higher trapp speeds stock to stock anyways...But imagine how bad the mach1 would be beat if they both pulled the same 60 fts...

????????drivers race?????????

Since were on the internet Ill even further support my argument with internet terms ( wich I hate by the way)

On the internet you'll her people say this about the mach 1......

man those things are fast!!!! I saw a bone stock one running 13.1's at atco...And then yada yada yada...People argue and the some one else confirms it blah blah blah..

With the C5 it's exactly the same thing except some one says..man those things are fast. I saw a bone stock one run 12.8 at atco....

The point is that a 13.1 is no big deal for a c5..just look at the link I posted...

With the terminator it's more like i saw a bone stock one run 12.6 at atco.....

The point is weather your magazine racing or looking at the average numbers the C5 and fbody always come out on top compared to the mach1...

Trapp speed tells the real story....

if the average c5 trapps 107-109 mph..

and the average fbody trapps 105-107 mph..

and the average mach1 trapps 103-105 mph...

The C5 and fbody have the potential to be faster through the 1/4 mile...It's that simple....

put slicks on all of them so traction isnt an issue and let the same driver drive each of them and the c5 will edge out the Fbody and the fbody will edge out the mach 1....

The mach 1 is simply the leaste powerful of the three ( verified by numerous dynos f all 3 different cars) and in the middle by weight...

So simple. But just like the sti can pull low 13's at 101 mph the mach 1 can pull low 13's at 104 mph....

But that has nonthing to do with the engine/power...Your car just hooks well for a RWD car....bone stock...

Now with all this being said i would personally rather have a mach1 then a 03 cobra. I just like NA cars better....And I respect the mach1 for what it is...

But your dissmissing a 5 mph trapp speed advantage for the corvette and the fact that 9/10 times it will ET lower than the mach1 off crappier 60 fts ( do to the 5 mph higher trapp speed) and saying it's a drivers race like the cars are equal in performance.....

And thats just not true....The mach1 at best trapps about as high as the 2.73 geared C5...maybe 1-2 mph less on average from what Ive seen at the strip and read on your stang forums...But the mph are fairly close. A strong mach1 can trapp the same mph as an average 2.73 a4 C5...About 105 mph..

So with the same 60 ft's this would be a close race or " drivers race" as you like to say....With the C5 having a slight advantage due to a 1-2 mph higher trapp speed stock to stock...

But comparing a car that trapps 105 to a car that trapps 110 mph is not a drivers race...

the guy trapping 105 better hope he gets a 1.9 60 ft and the other guy trapping 110 mph gets a 2.1 for it to even be comparable.

Man i know your protecting your car.. a mans car is a very personal thing and I would do the same thing if I was in your shoes....

But comparing your mah1 to a C5 is kinda like a C5 guy saying his car is a drivers race with a Terminator...

Sure the c5 could POSSIBLY pull the upset. But 9/10 times the terminator will win...

The C5 trapps 107-109 on average...

The terminator trapps 110-112 mph on average

The terminatoer will trapp 3 mph higher than the C5 every single time stock for stock...

The C5 has to hope he pulls a 1.9 60 ft and the terminator pulls a 2.1 to even be comparable and have a chance ET wise...

it's exactly the same thing between the c5 and mach1 man....only the mph gap is even a little bigger....and then the terminator trapps 3 mph lower than the 2002 z06..same story all over again

Atleaste your only 3 tenths behind Na for Na.. the terminotor is 3 tenths behind the 2002 Z06 FI vrs NA...That really sucks.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:27 AM
On The Tree

Once again, I can't muster up the strength to complete your essay. Are there cliffnotes you can provide for those of us with a life. Let me explain a few things to you briefly.
So any way this just proves my point....The C5 is 3 tenths faster through the 1/4 mile than the mach1...And thats with a crappier 60 ft as well...
Yes the C5 is faster than the Mach 1 most of the time. I never said your precious Vette was not faster than most Machs.
I have beaten a m6 C5 with an exhaust and a superchip tuner and I've lost to a modded C5 vert. auto. My point is you are in denial. Are you telling me that every C5 will beat every Mach? Your Vette will not beat my car! This I know.
The Mach 1 was built to be a 1/4 mile car. 3.55 gears,live axle,lower stance,6800 rpm redline, 3.38 1st gear ratio,etc. Sure the ls1 traps higher but that just means it plays catch up well. After the 1/8 is where it shines, thats no secret.
You need to go that car of yours tuned before you talk about machs being slow. haha
Seriously, with your times "But I'm in Hawail" you'd be laughed at and left wondering what just happened here? Once again, I've spent too much time on this reply. Try to summarize your reply and leave out all the paragraphs that contain Hawail,trap speed,anco,gtech. That will shorten it up a bit.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:41 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

D A M N.............You guys can REALLY type. Damn.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
D A M N.............You guys can REALLY type. Damn.
Looking at your mod list, you got a beast. 530hp with an extra 150hp on standby! Thats what I'm talking about.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2.73 vette..... longest poster evar!!!! Damn I can't read all that
Old 02-23-2006, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

2.73 vette - I need to restrict your access so that you can't post in this section anymore. For God's sake already.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

For the record I got the stock 1/4 mile numbers by doing a Google search "stock times". The times I posted are from the very first link from that search. I didn't go through alot of links until I found slow Vette times and fast Mach times. I realize some 1/4 mile track times are a bit off. (ex. 03 Cobra 12.9)
Old 02-23-2006, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by grey03mach1
Once again, I can't muster up the strength to complete your essay. Are there cliffnotes you can provide for those of us with a life.
LMFAO!!!!! No ****....
Old 02-23-2006, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

Sorry about the Novel like post....It's 3 in the morning when i post this stuff up..And I loose track of time and get really carried away...

I need to get a job!!!!!!!!

As for the mod....There's no rule against long post ( though there probaly should be in my case )

As for my car it is my precious Vette ( like you say) I would only trade it for a 2006Z06 or 2002 Viper off the cars I could actually afford....I love my car just like you do yours.

I love a good debate and it was fun...And regardless of all the stuff I posted I still give ford a lot of respect for building an NA engine that is obviously comparable to the LS1 instead of copping out with another supercharged application.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

AAHH that was sweet. j/k
I also like a good quarrel from time to time. I did manage to read all of your posts'. The thing is, if I quote you then everyone has to scroll down for at least two mins. before getting to the next reply. If I do not quote you, by the time I scroll down to reply I forget what I was going to comment on.

It's all in fun, but man you either have a personal secretary or you've got some mad typing skills. You do present a case well and with the facts.

Later
Old 02-23-2006, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 2.73 Vette

As for the mod....There's no rule against long post ( though there probaly should be in my case )
You post the same damn thing every time. Be original!
Old 02-23-2006, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

gOOD POINT UNIT. BUT I HONESTLY PREFER CRISPY.

The crispy chicken has proven to go down the throat appox. 2.3 tenths faster than the origional chicken time and time again..

But..due to the origional chickens "less crispiness" it usually it bitten and chewed 1.5 seconds faster than the crispy chicken...

Bringing the origional within swallowing range of the crispy and a true chickens race...

Many have argued over wich will actually cross the chest line first...But I still stand by my opinion that the crispy is swalloed faster because anyone can chew chicken fast if they really want to...

Now swallowing chicken takes a lot more time/skill.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2.73 Vette
Mach 1>vette>f-body
I fixed it for you. j/k.
Some how this turned into a Mach 1 vs. vette thing. Not sure how.
If I would run up against an f-body would I expect to win? No, but it may well very happen.
Again if I run against a vette? Same thing just a little less of a chance.
My .02$ from an even keeled Mach owner.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:47 PM
10 Second Club

To me, the Mach 1's are faster from a kick. Me and my buddy race all the time, hes got a 04 mach 1 m5 with CAI, flowmaster, and 2 cats delete, and a programmer. He can cut good 60ft but i always get him our of the hole. From a 70 kick we are really close. I have a 99 A4 c5 with catback, CAI, and msd wires, and cut 2.0 60 fts and ran a 13.2 at 90 degree weather, I know my car is capable of 12.9. His best on the same day was 13.7. My best 1/8 mile time is 8.3 and his is 8.4. We are very close in the 1/8. I guess my auto just isnt good from a top end kick. I think you will take him. Good luck
Old 11-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Damn this is old.