Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Yes import race.....sorry

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 07:45 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Yea I only know how much it is to heavily mod an sti as a couple of my buddies have them and with the larger displacement motor in the suby you can hit higher HP numbers with just bolt on buts when you start going serious turbo upgrades the mitsu engine def is a better choice. I only looked at the EVO RS because my buddies all bought their EVOs (5 in all, 1 MR, 2 EVO VIII's, and 2 EVO RS) from the same dealership so he quoted me 25K for a brand new EVO rs out the door, which isnt too bad a deal. But again on sheer looks id chose the STI everytime, and the STI's sound much better in my opinion with a turboback than an EVO. Thats pretty bad though, they wouldnt let you take an EVO for a test drive, even after you told them that you had money down for an STI? Thats just retarded! What dealership did that, the one on route 9 right before the 495 exits or a different one? BTW what color is your STI? IF its silver I think ive seen you on route 9 ro 290 before. Also, do you ever go through Shrewsbury? I live right near the center of town and I see a couple of STI's go through every once in a while but dont know the owners.

I have a blue/gold STi. I think I'm actually the only STi with A-pillar gauges. I don't roll by Shrewsbury very often, I used to to get home, but I haven't gone that way in over a yr. Where do you uys hang out? Worcester? I usually don't go out anywhere anymore since I work a ton, but I do hit up the f-bod and mustang dyno days at some places.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MaSTi
I have a blue/gold STi. I think I'm actually the only STi with A-pillar gauges. I don't roll by Shrewsbury very often, I used to to get home, but I haven't gone that way in over a yr. Where do you uys hang out? Worcester? I usually don't go out anywhere anymore since I work a ton, but I do hit up the f-bod and mustang dyno days at some places.

Yea we mostly hang in the worcester area. I know what you eman though, i just started working full time this past summer as i finished grad school last year and I used to be able to go to all kinds of meetings and hangouts but now my times been very limited as im in boston from 7am-730pm everyday. I actually just went to a dyno day at some awd dyno, forget where it was but it was relatively close by, about 30-40 mins away from shrewsbury. I went with my buddies who brought their sti's, srt-4's, and evo's. I didnt know they could do rear wheel until i got there so my camaro stayed home. Good time though and some serious HP was made by some highly modified sti's and evo's and one srt-4 was making 400+ whp and sounded friggen mean!
Old 01-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Launching!

Was it KTR? XXTuning? Those are the only "local" AWD dynos around. Ohhh and there's one in some place like Holden or JUST north of Worcester. I usually get my work done @KTR, so I like that place. They also have a BUNCH of nice cars in thier show room too!
Old 01-25-2006, 03:41 PM
TECH Addict

Yea i gotta ask them what the name of the place was but i believe it was in holden, gotta ask my buddies, but yea they have been to KTR and told me how nice the place was, def gotta make a trip there and check it out as I love all nicely done up cars, foreign/domestic/4/6/8/10/12 cylinder, doesnt matter to me as long as it fast and tastefully done.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro 0wner
You gave me a link to a thread of some guy that ran a 13.7 in a 350Z in 40 degree weather. Everyone on that thread was saying he had a freak car and they didn't believe it. This was a very big shock to everyone and many people said most of them run 14's, not 13's.

He is not running those times consistent. It was obviously perfect track conditions (as he mentioned) and a very cold night. On average, 350Z's run low 14's. Running a 13.7-13.9 is very unlikely and very impressive. A 99 GT running a 13.9 is not impressive. It has been done many times and doesn't need "perfect track conditions" in 40 degree weather.

I say on average, it's a drivers race giving it more to the GT. I myself have never seen a stock 350Z run any faster than a 9.3 in the 1/8. I thought that was good for those cars. Those cars also had better 60's.

I still think it is odd that a stock 350Z with a 2.2 60' is running a 13.7 in the quarter...That's a freak of a car, or something is done to it.
I respect what your saying and understand it. I was just pointing it out for you and yeah that probably is a factory freak but a lot of people on that forum are hitting 13.9 give or take a little. I'm waiting this summer to give it a run at the track and see what it pulls. Plus, when they first came out magazines like car and driver used to list in the index 14.1 for the longest time and a couple months ago they finally put it to 13.9. Check it out and grab a car and driver next time you see one. I'm not bragging cause I don't think those times are impressive at all, so i'm subjective to opinions as well. I don't wanna come off as a troll or anything like that is what i'm saying.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Launching!

My personal experiences are seeing GTs run low 14s (14.1-14.4) while seeing 350Z at the same track running the fastest of 14.4-14.6. So they are pretty comparable in my eyes. It's pretty much driver dependant.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Addict

Yea I agree, I have a couple buddies in 350Z clubs and although the GT has more low end torque from roll races ive usually seen it be a drivers race. My buddies 99 gt vert with 80K miles bone stock with only flowmaster welded in (not even a full catback lol) struggled and lost to an 04 350Z that had a borla catback and popcharger, the 350z edged him by one about half a car or so but it was a real good race so yea its def a drivers race.