Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo rx7 vs camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 01:11 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will be interesting, but I give you the win. I think you will jump him and he wont catch you, not by 120.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rastarajah
true, true, true. im going to run just long tubes, cutout, and a nice shot of nitrous, i THINK that should be enough, what do you think??
Sounds quick, and nice weight on that 7, that thing is light!
Old 02-03-2006, 07:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Z2K_MrJ
you are going to completly murder him if you CAN DRIVe. you car is just a supeiror motor to his not to metion you are throwing 180hp more to the floor.
No way. No murdering, and not a superior motor. It takes the ls1 346 ci to make 50 more hp than the 80 ci motor. Doesn't sound to superior to me. The 20b is 120 ci and makes almost as much hp as the ls1 and on only 7 lbs. of boost.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Stanger88
It will be interesting, but I give you the win. I think you will jump him and he wont catch you, not by 120.
I agree.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GMmexican
1/4 mile not 1/8 ???

Good one. I was talking 1/4. Don't hate on RX-7's because f-bod's are slower with the same engine.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nope, I don't give a damn how small you can make a rotory and how much hp you can get out of it.

They have @SS for gas mileage, I can't believe the epa lets them put those cars on the road, and the wankel burns motors.

Hence the reason my friend has an RX-7 sitting on his lawn covered in weeds... just like the 1977 Firebird Espirit 301 next to it (blown head gaskets etc etc etc).

How long does an LS1 last??? Is the answer more than 70,000 miles, how long does ANY engine last compared to a rotory? Look at an Evo engine, or the 400 hp turbo RSX's that people drive out here. They all have better gas mileage and last a hell of a lot longer.

Hell if I ran a 25-35 nitrous shot every time I hit the pedal it would have lasted longer than a wankel. My friends dad got tired of rebuilding/replacing parts and bought an SUV and gave up racing the thing.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317
Nope, I don't give a damn how small you can make a rotory and how much hp you can get out of it.

They have @SS for gas mileage, I can't believe the epa lets them put those cars on the road, and the wankel burns motors.

Hence the reason my friend has an RX-7 sitting on his lawn covered in weeds... just like the 1977 Firebird Espirit 301 next to it (blown head gaskets etc etc etc).

How long does an LS1 last??? Is the answer more than 70,000 miles, how long does ANY engine last compared to a rotory? Look at an Evo engine, or the 400 hp turbo RSX's that people drive out here. They all have better gas mileage and last a hell of a lot longer.

Hell if I ran a 25-35 nitrous shot every time I hit the pedal it would have lasted longer than a wankel. My friends dad got tired of rebuilding/replacing parts and bought an SUV and gave up racing the thing.
Only 3 things come from Texas boy. Steers, queers and ricers. That post reads like a bunch of ricer bullshit.

OP - run the race and lets see how it turns out.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:02 PM
That's what she said...

From 5mph? Your going to put 2 busses on him in 1st if you can hook. Is it auto or 6-speed?

But then again if you spin he's going to put 2 busses on you!
Old 02-03-2006, 02:06 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by XakEp
Only 3 things come from Texas boy. Steers, queers and ricers. That post reads like a bunch of ricer bullshit.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
Just in case youre too dense to figure out what I was saying - only ******* ricers give the old "my motor is more reliable than your motor" argument. I dont give a **** how long my motor lasts as long as it puts me across the finish line before you. To say nothing about gas mileage. YOu cant buy power at the pump, and if youre making great mileage you arent making great power.

And no, I do not and never have owned an RX7.

Last edited by XakEp; 02-03-2006 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by d-1sc408
I have a guy with a 97 rx-7 with a big turbo put down 500 hp to the wheels and im going to race him with my procharged SS that put down 680 hp to the wheels we are racing from a 5 punch witch car do you think will win
well to go along with this kids question. Will by Prostock NHRA funny car out run this guy with a 300ZX TT with upgraded turbo's and NAWZ who is putting down 700rwhp???? Think I have a chance from a Dig?
Old 02-03-2006, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317

You do know the reason they ahve **** gass milage right? First off they have 2 power strokers per revolution, second they actually use fuel to help keep cool.

the wankel is the motor, it's named after the german Engineer Felix Wankel who invented it.

No to mention that the rotary motor is one of the best Power plants for racing ever designed. It doesn't do **** for reliability but Mazda Swept the Racing World for many years until the sanctioning bodies made them illegal to use in competition.

A high compression 20b (2.0L 3 rotor ) N/A motor can make over 600hp. Don't hate on a motor because you don't understand it.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LSINA7
No way. No murdering, and not a superior motor. It takes the ls1 346 ci to make 50 more hp than the 80 ci motor. Doesn't sound to superior to me. The 20b is 120 ci and makes almost as much hp as the ls1 and on only 7 lbs. of boost.
I agree with you BUT, put the ls1 on 7 lbs. of boost and check power #'s again or just take the turbo off the rx and do a all motor to all motor comparsion, your taking into account the turbo for the rx which in talking about a motor a turbo is not a part of the motor... but dont get me wrong because i like rx's and i love the motor they put in them there is just no replacement for displacement
Old 02-03-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry, ignore any of my posts on this thread. I saved my login and password and my 14 year old brother-in-law started using it. Sorry for they abuse.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well, 500rwhp FD weighing lets say 2600lbs

vs

680 rwhp SS weighing 3600lbs lets say

rx7 has 5.2 lbs per horse
SS has 5.3 lbs per horse

its gonna be a CLOSE drivers race
Old 02-04-2006, 01:32 AM
Banned

Remarkable Genesis, the syntax in the last post preceding this one looks remarkably identical to the last. Hrmmmm.... reneging on our past opinions? The rotary is a GREAT motor and VERY relialbe if the asshats who owned them took better care of them (not offence to those who do) you DO NOT shut it down without letting it cool off first, you DO NOT move the car until it is warmed decently, and DO NOT exceed 3K until its fully heated up. There are lots of other little tips im sure, but i dont own one, so i have not picked up on them.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:52 AM
Board Certified Idiot

No you will murder him like said above 2 busses that is murder to me
Old 02-04-2006, 03:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good one. I was talking 1/4. Don't hate on RX-7's because f-bod's are slower with the same engine.
not the same engine!! unless your talking about your car, LS-1 swap into any lighter car is obiously going to get you results, id take an LS-1 any day N/A the ls-1 can run 8's, theres not 2 many motors than can do that!!!!!..........and u dont have to worry about the reliability and the price of parts and lack of shops that work on Wankels, im not hating on rotors all im saying is that it has alot of obious weak points, it might be better if it got as much engineering and time as a internal combustion engine but who knows?
Old 02-04-2006, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nah, it really was my brother in law not just syntax...

We play starcraft together and he types the same way I do.

I jumped around with the cp console putting the same message up for awhile last night. He also pissed off some guy in an MR2 forum and one of the admin guys as well.

I've only seen 1 RX7 at the local high school around here. I don't have any idea what they are about, I didn't even know they were turbocharged.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
From 5mph? Your going to put 2 busses on him in 1st if you can hook. Is it auto or 6-speed?

But then again if you spin he's going to put 2 busses on you!
Nope. You think that RX-7 isn't going to spin? Unless that bitch has slicks, hell unless either car has slicks, it is a driver's race. Torque for the f-bod down low, turbo and top end for the RX-7 up high. The aero and weight of that RX-7 puts the f-bods to shame. But the LS1 is making a lot more power. I say just run him!

Quick Reply: Turbo rx7 vs camaro SS