Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

AMS EVO Kills 900whp

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 07:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AcE XBOX
Why not? 1000+ horses vs 900awhp, sounds like a hell of a race.
Willie doesn't have that car anymore from what I hear.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:16 AM
Staging Lane

Some of you guys are complete idiots. I have never seen such a site of import denial. Some of you morons need to head over to some other boards and learn some stuff before you keep talking about **** you hear over here.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Old 02-11-2006, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

My god when will this crap end. cant we all just accept the fact that V8s rule. And everything else is OK too. To each his own and all that other crap.
And please stop posting about how much better 4 cylinder turbos, rotarys etc are so much better than anything made in the US. This is the wrong site for that sh@! and your wasting your time its LS1tech for a reason and one day when a V8 spanks your *** dont get mad get even.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kidkl
Speaking of which didn't you and Dave Landry build a 2.4L stroker that was described by Jack as "the worst engine build ever"? Ah yes here it is:

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a
Jake Lehmkhul and Dave put that block together, not me. It was my block, however. I then took it to Jack and him give me his opnion on it.

If I had driven the car, I'd have stood a fair chance of dying. He found bolts missing from the suspension and a few other places. So no - I didnt put it together. Good find on Google - been a while since I read that thread.

Try again.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:03 AM
Banned

The reason the damned car gets so much hype is that its never been done before....We have plenty of 900+ hp ls1's but not as many people give a ****, reason being its not AS hard to do....All the ricer boys worship the evo fact is there are plenty of other cars but the owners could give less a **** about being a internet "god" if you will.......So they don't post their vids on the net...
Old 02-11-2006, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

I think it shoudl really just be left at, "theres a 900Awhp evo out there, it cost TWICE as much to build as an LS1, but it exsists and is EXTREMELY fast." Any ANYTHINGF with 900WHP is going to have a hard time hooking if streetablity is a question. i mean look what it takes for 900RWHP dragsters to hook, a tire the size the of a ******* planet. 900RWHP evos exisist, like it or not, why it exsists however, is totally up to the owner and thats beacuse he wanted it too.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dcmercury2
My god when will this crap end. cant we all just accept the fact that V8s rule. And everything else is OK too. To each his own and all that other crap.
And please stop posting about how much better 4 cylinder turbos, rotarys etc are so much better than anything made in the US. This is the wrong site for that sh@! and your wasting your time its LS1tech for a reason and one day when a V8 spanks your *** dont get mad get even.

I know you aren't talking to me, because if a V8 spanks my ***, it will just be spanking an LS1. So? Nobody said 4 bangers and rotaries are better than everything else. But V8's do not rule everything like you might think. I have seen V8's get that *** spanked by imports. Like I said before, give credit where credit is due.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by XakEp
Jake Lehmkhul and Dave put that block together, not me. It was my block, however. I then took it to Jack and him give me his opnion on it.

If I had driven the car, I'd have stood a fair chance of dying. He found bolts missing from the suspension and a few other places. So no - I didnt put it together. Good find on Google - been a while since I read that thread.

Try again.
Whoops kinda came off as an *** on that post, that was not my intent. I was the one that posted who built the motor and then shortly got "trolled" for it aparently they dont want to save some pople from Dave but whatever. I thought I had heard you and him had put it together but apparently not. Anyway glad to see that Jack did you right and that no one got injured in that "cluster ****" of a build.

PS. Used google because A) their search sucks and B) cuz im still trolled
Old 02-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kidkl
Whoops kinda came off as an *** on that post, that was not my intent. I was the one that posted who built the motor and then shortly got "trolled" for it aparently they dont want to save some pople from Dave but whatever. I thought I had heard you and him had put it together but apparently not. Anyway glad to see that Jack did you right and that no one got injured in that "cluster ****" of a build.

PS. Used google because A) their search sucks and B) cuz im still trolled
Lol.. You know, you can just log out of the board and read 90% of whats on there.

Re-reading my post, ****, posting when you first wake up is not good for grammar. Whats your SN on CRN?
Old 02-11-2006, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wants an LS1
I think it shoudl really just be left at, "theres a 900Awhp evo out there, it cost TWICE as much to build as an LS1, but it exsists and is EXTREMELY fast." Any ANYTHINGF with 900WHP is going to have a hard time hooking if streetablity is a question. i mean look what it takes for 900RWHP dragsters to hook, a tire the size the of a ******* planet. 900RWHP evos exisist, like it or not, why it exsists however, is totally up to the owner and thats beacuse he wanted it too.
Where do you recieve your info from? Have you actually taken time to figure out what it takes to build a 900hp evo.

Built longblock 6000
clutch-2000
fuel system-1200
axles-1500
turbo kit-4000
standalone-1600
tuning and install 2000

Total 18,300.

Mti's stroker kits 20,000 and only 500hp. Still 4-500hp shy of an *** beating.

Lingenfelters(sp) kit 50,000 still get his *** spanked. Now that is twice as much.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 25psi
Where do you recieve your info from? Have you actually taken time to figure out what it takes to build a 900hp evo.

Built longblock 6000
clutch-2000
fuel system-1200
axles-1500
turbo kit-4000
standalone-1600
tuning and install 2000

Total 18,300.

Mti's stroker kits 20,000 and only 500hp. Still 4-500hp shy of an *** beating.

Lingenfelters(sp) kit 50,000 still get his *** spanked. Now that is twice as much.
you forgot the most expensive part you begin with, the ******* car. I was TRYING to be nice and side with the whole "if its fast its fast" deal but apperantly spending either 25k(used ones) to 35k (the MR editions) for a car doesnt count to u as part of "building a car up". Like i said, its all about how deep your pockets are and what you like. Think this evo dude really cared about buyin an LS1 for 12k that owuld whoop his evo in stock form and could be made just as fast for a bit cheaper? no he probally didnt. DId he know about the year (00 i believe?) lingenfelter vette that runs 8.2s all day fromt he day lingenfelter gave it to you and is only rated at 850 HP? Maybe, but what matters is he wanted a fast evo and he got one, simple enough.

And lastly, how is this thread still open? Mine got shut down and we had videos and every bit of info under the sun in it. THis is about ragging on a car that blatantly NOT a car to rag on. Unit, you confuse me.

Last edited by Wants an LS1; 02-11-2006 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:14 PM
11 Second Club

"Where do you recieve your info from? Have you actually taken time to figure out what it takes to build a 900hp evo.

Built longblock 6000
clutch-2000
fuel system-1200
axles-1500
turbo kit-4000
standalone-1600
tuning and install 2000

Total 18,300."

Nice ricer math. Every car sounds cheap on paper. Why don't you ask the owner of the car how much is actually in it?

Peace,
Josh
Old 02-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Staging Lane

It takes a good amount of money to build anything 900 whp. Who cares, why would you argue that? If a 900 whp Evo beats you by one car, is your excuse going to be "Well I spent half as much as you and only lost by a car, HAHAHAHA". You know what the Evo owner will say? You ******* lost.

Who cares who spends more money, if you have the money you can build it. Maybe your idea of building a fast car is having more displacement and doing something that everyone in the world does, which is build a fast domestic. Or maybe your idea is building an import which might take more money, but is much harder to do and not as many people do it. Its all in preference. Maybe the domestic will still be faster, but ****, if imports had 7 liter engines and **** they would do the same thing.

In conclusion, I say everyone should shut the **** up.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:05 PM
TECH Addict

i think were losing track here of the essentials.

25psi: Not to start a war here but i would suggest you look around a bit more before you start quoting prices. ( I know that sound rough around the edges but trust me, im not ) Ling. and MTI are both great companies and credit should be given..however, IMO, it is also represented in their pricing.

Find my earlier post and you'll see what i wrote. I quoted it at 40k...which is more than your quote at 20k... If im not mistaken, i think you might be a bit short on a few places...for starters, you need to add the price of the c16 and availabilty compared to the pump gas. Also, the durability of a 4cyl. motor getting smacked with 42psi...though i know the block and motor is good for it.

If we are talking 1320 times, than ther is not doubt that an f-body, not a vette, can be built to dominant that EVO for way less..its proven and if you wish search through this forum. If you want to talk highway roll racing, well than it can be done wiht the same amount of cashola as well or less. An f-body doesnt need to produce the 900rwhp because of the torque figures it produces. At 500-550rwhp, an auto can go easily in to 10'z, with a bit of tuning and skill, 9'z. On the roll race...well, at 600rwhp the trq is almost the same as that EVO...on pump gas.

Heres a little package...a forged 347 wiht ported heads and cam, built goes for what, 6k. Add a little turbo kit for another 7k (13K total) fuel system, clutch, suspension..blah blah blah..can we agree that it can be done with the same 20k you had proposed? Amuse me, since the f-body can be picked up for less, let say 25k?

Cool!!

Now, the EVO is on C16, 42psi. Since its an 4cyl and the ls1 is 8cyl, lets cut that figure in half and go with 20psi on pump gas. That 347 can go for about 550crank hp. ( I have personally seen WAY more but lets stick with 550HP)

At 15psi, the power level the motor can produce will be around the 1000crank hp mark. Actually, using the formulas of fored induction, it would be closer to 1100 or more..but 1000hp sounds about right....again, the magic number..830rwhp!!!! IF you want to make a good comparison...the EVO torque figure at 9000rwhp was at670ish..

THe torque figure and shape of the blown 347 will be higher, closer to 770rwtrq. and much broader... The ls1 has more power potential, however, the EVO has traction. Weight isnt an issue to me because they both weight about the same, right? You still think that EVO is unbeatable wiht this package? It might be close, a drivers race when pushing this much power for sure...but my money is on the f-body, why?Not because it has an ls1, which should be the finalizing factor!! But ..because its more of a streetcar, less strain,more durability, makes more trq., will match the traction or a bit less to that EVO but not by much, powerband is more realistic and broad..not like the sudden slam from that gt42r turbo. And because i know it can go home and fill her up along the way, and still make the same amount of power. But that wont win the race....BUT the potential of the ls1, with its "outdated" pushrod tech will....if not..Well, it got beat. But it was one hell of a race...it has nothing to prove. That EVO does...

My point is that money will ALWAYS yield the faster car when done right...this is law. BUT, which of the two will be more durable or consistent..less up on a lift or down because the shipment of fuel hasnt come in yet...

Also, i know im on the ls1 site and i might sound biasd', but i would like to clear up that i have alot of love and respect for the import scene..heck, my first car was a diamond star gsx. Ant nothing beats the rush of that AWD turbo slaming you back into the back seat!! Man, i loved tha car and this evo as well.

I just have an issue when ppl, like this guy down here that bought that livermorris turbo stang. HE had NOTHING to do with that build and just bought because he can, and so he can feel like the biggest dog around here. Guys like that shouldnt be allowed to have a car that fast because they have no sense of value and will be the first to slam it against a guard rail, unfortunately, this is life. Also, whoever came on here and stated that we should all watch out becuz of the big bad EVO in south florida will be king is just as dumb as that stang guy. Just without a fast car.

I think the import scene has got the v-8, we're inferior thing to worked up. I raced this guy in a 350z, he instigated the race, i absolutely romped on him...then he pulls up and says "Whatever, i only have 6 cyl. and you have 8. WHAT?!! Are you kinding me i said. What a joke. I know the v-8 crowd has these same issues and guys, but i feel we ALL need to chill because its just plain stupid and dumb to agrue about it just becuz we lost...race and have fun!! THats it...

Oh, man, what was his man, predator something. This cat had a dirty built 03/04 stang and used to bull around on stock ls1's or mildy modd' f-bodies. That is a good representation of the afformentioned v-8 crap that goes around....But its not necesary and these threads get locked because of the stupid **** like this one that goes down.... ITS ALL FUN AND GAMES BUT RESPECT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED WHEN ITS DEEMED NECESARY. If someone is faster, so be it...but compare apples to apples and if ask me, i see the use of race fuel on "street-races" as almost as cheating in a way. Its a street race so run the local street oct. But that is me and it should be all laid nice and clear before the race...not this withholding information bullsh$t tha alot of guys do becuz well, its cool to not let anyone know your mods....give me a break... be a stand up person and be real...Not this OH, 1psi crap that i got from this one modd' EVo before we raced....And i beat him...LAter i found out that he had a 275hks cammd', built motor on 23-25psi with a meth kit.... dude... give me a break!! Didnt even pull up and chatted with me..kept on going with his tail between his legs. I have also ran into a c6 vette tha hit it while he was infront of me and got pulled by two cars from my stalled f-body to 140+...and just keep on going with his windows up...

Buhahahahah!!! Sorry for the length but just speaking my mind....

Now back to regularily scheduled programing!!!

Last edited by obZidian; 02-11-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

OOPS, double post!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Banned

http://www.amsperformance.com/store/...roducts_id=515

The turbo kit on the Evo is alot more than 4k. Lets be honest, I love power, regardless of the platform. Old school V8s are where its at - and I do enjoy some imports as well.

NEITHER platform is superior to the other. They have their pluses and minuses. Thats like arguing superiority between the H&K MP5 and the FN P90. They both have their uses, can be tweaked and are both incredibly badass.

However, being an obstinate fuckwad and saying HURR IMPORT HURR or LOL DUMBESTIC LOL is just ignorant. I swear there is so much rice and stupidity on both sides it not even funny. I've read here multiple times that LS1s get great mileage. Who gives a ****? If youre making power you should give a **** about your MPG. Weight to power ratio? WTF is this Top Gear?

I like LS1s as much as the next guy, but I give props where they're due.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Launching!

Funny you brought up the MP-5/P-90 thing.We are tryng now to get our hands on a P-90.A real one not the semi-auto P-90S they just came out with.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by XakEp
http://www.amsperformance.com/store/...roducts_id=515

NEITHER platform is superior to the other. They have their pluses and minuses.
I like LS1s as much as the next guy, but I give props where they're due.
i think those lines sum up how the majority of people on here feel about imports. there are those that hate imports no matter what, but the same could be said for any car group. do i like imports, or even evos for that matter? no, not especially. i'll take my SS over one anyday. but for god's sake, to say that a 900whp evo is not nasty is just ridiculous. you can spout off facts and stats all day but it all comes down to the fact that you can't tell a person what to like and what not to like.

as far as the ls1 getting good gas mileage, i think that is usually just said in response to import guys calling our cars gas guzzlers.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

guns?

Woohoo!! Yeah, now this is wat i like. Hopefully you cn outsource that p-90. Its a nice piece if your in the market for somthing like that and want to stay away from or cannot source a hk. I like th mp-5n but my heart has its eyes set on hk mp-7 PDW. Its small, has a very competitive rate per minute as the two mentioned and is just great to look at.

Im more into the long range artillary, with anyone of these strapped ot my back...and of course with a usp .45 tactical closeby.

MY absolute fav, besides the barret, semi, .50cal, is the cheytac bolt action 408...

Hey, just like my motor!! What a coincidence!!