Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo rotary corolla vs 03 bolt-on 03 cobra w/ nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
I'm pretty sure looks is more of a factor than speed. If speed and money was the case, most people on here would be driving Cobras. The way you can buy then mod those, for the money, is tough to beat. I've owned LS1's. Had I spent the money on a mustang instead, I would absolutely demolish any LS1, F-body, or C5. Guess what? I chose the car that looked best. If everyone cared about speed first, then looks and budget later, no one would be driving LS1's. So don't give me that bullshit about everyone in here driving LS1's because of how cheap they are to mod. Thats pure bullshit. People drive these cars in here because they are cheap enough to mod and still look good in the process.

I said its a POS referring to how it looks. I never said it was slow. No doubt its a fast car, but it will always look like ****. Call me a ricer all you want. I'm sure plenty of people are in agreement that it looks like **** and they would much rather drive their slower LS1.

Stop talking about my car. This has nothing to do with my car. You guys look for anything you possibly can to talk **** about C5 owners. You just have nothing useful to say, so you try to make it about me owning a C5. In fact, I challenge you on one of your statements. Please point out where I mentioned anything about my choice in cars. My statement was pretty straight forward about what I thought about the corolla. I did not mention a word about what car I prefer or what car is better. Your making **** up. Theres a list longer than you can imagine of cars I like and prefer. It has nothing to do with a C5. The C5 is somewhere in the middle of the list. Just because I've owned vettes, doesn't mean I think they are the best.

If your going to go around worrying so much about what other people think about domestics vs imports, then you must have a lot of time on your hands. I'm sure everyone is so happy your around to inform us LS1 owners about imports. Last time I checked, there was import boards that have plenty of info if anyone here cares enough to check.

Just by your comments about how you can talk about GM and their "unreliability", and 1G DSM's and their "trouble free 200k miles" tells me exactly what your position is in the car scene. Your here to stick up for imports, plain and simple.

I don't think anyone here is "confused" about anything. And I didn't know other car types were "enemies". I just thought they were competition. Big difference.
Holy....

Sparetire, I'm ashamed to live in the same state as you.. You got PWNT..
Old 02-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=BlackMagicC5]So don't give me that bullshit about everyone in here driving LS1's because of how cheap they are to mod. Thats pure bullshit. People drive these cars in here because they are cheap enough to mod and still look good in the process.... [QUOTE]

Its pretty hard to find anything around 10K that will be a great daily driver and be as fast as an LS1 without resorting to making it a trailer queen. yeah you can with a 5.0, but find one in good shape and get over 400WHP. Thats a lot of work, and chances are a not nearly as useable car day to day. A cam, bolt-ons, and a shot, and you have a upper 400's WHP car that still passes emisions, gets good mileage, and even cruises quitely. Sure there's other factors, but thats the biggest for a lot of people IMO. And like I said, I could be wrong. So once again, dont get in a huff about it. Thats my reason and I stated it as such. I specificly said that I could be wrong. In fact, that might make a damn good poll in another forum: "Why did you go with your LS1" I bet your surprised by who went LS1 for the performance bargain first and looks second. Lots of us cant go building a 5.0 in our spare time. We need something fast that can be taken to work tomorrow, and we dont have the garage space and money for a whole project car.

[QUOTE=BlackMagicC5]In fact, I challenge you on one of your statements. Please point out where I mentioned anything about my choice in cars. My statement was pretty straight forward about what I thought about the corolla. I did not mention a word about what car I prefer or what car is better. Your making **** up.[QUOTE]

Unless you consider a C5 a POS, or that Corolla better than your car, you prefer your car over the Corolla. Its pretty much unavoidable. Tell me if that assumption is wrong. But I would think its pretty accurate since your name is BlackMagicC5 and you refer to the Corolla as a POS.

[QUOTE=BlackMagicC5]Just by your comments about how you can talk about GM and their "unreliability", and 1G DSM's and their "trouble free 200k miles" tells me exactly what your position is in the car scene. Your here to stick up for imports, plain and simple. .[QUOTE]

Reading comprehension is important. Read it again. I said right there (its actually in your quote) that I know an unreliable LS1 and a reliable DSM at 200K is not the norm. Its right there. I said that I know those are isolated examples. The whole point of what I said is that I can find examples to back anything up, and that despite those examples, its not true. You can find guys who will swear that they have 100K mile high pressure rotaries. These same guys will refuse to buy a GM product. You can find guys who had one problem with a Honda when they were 17 who refuse to buy a Honda and get a used POS with a blown headgasket and think they avoided a maitenance problem. My position is that it depends on the owner more than anything. You dont have to infer anything because I'm laying it out for you. For instance, why I am going LS1 on the next project. I and everyone else knows that you cant buy the hype BS that ricers lay down about unreliable V8s. The point is that you cant buy the hype other people lay down about other (import or otherwise) motors blowing up all the time trying to compete.
I stick up for logical opinions and fact. That's why I don't consider LS1s unreliable due to one guy I know. Its also why I dont expect to go 200K without a rebuild on a turbo motor.

Look. Back to topic (or at least the one that this went into) calling another car a POS based on looks and marque is ricer BS. Think about the arrogant morons who watch their BMWs and Ferraris and (insert supercar here) get beat by an LS1 and then say "I dont care, hes still driving a Camaro and I'm in an M3..." Dont be that guy. Please. What you said earlier was that guy talking. Make fun of its looks? Sure. Its ugly IMHO too. But thats no POS. Thats a project some guy put some work too, and he got some damn good results. I dont care if its bondo colored and has rusted out mismatched wheels. I dont care if theres an exsaust leak. Its a mean friggin car, and no POS.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Holy....

Sparetire, I'm ashamed to live in the same state as you.. You got PWNT..

Its mutual.

Spouting a snobby line, then saying people mostly get LS1s for loks owns me? As said before, reading comprehension is good.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Staging Lane

When you have to lift because you fear you won't be able to stop the car, it's a POS.

Proving once again that the biggest heaps can be made somewhat quick with enough effort.
ROTFLMFAO at the whiners in this thread complaining because somebody called a POS a POS.
S.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Snorman
When you have to lift because you fear you won't be able to stop the car, it's a POS.

Proving once again that the biggest heaps can be made somewhat quick with enough effort.
ROTFLMFAO at the whiners in this thread complaining because somebody called a POS a POS.
S.
A-men.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Snorman

S.

good stuff
Old 02-23-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey sparetire he called the corolla POS b/c its a ugly economy car from the 80's compared to the camaro, which is a legendary american car, the turbo engine it has in it, is the only difference maker, but putting that motor and engineering into a ford pinto or a amc gremlin it doesnt stop it from being ******* ugly its just an ugly car thats fast....... but then again thats what the sleeper concept is all about
Old 02-24-2006, 04:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Blah..blah..blah.
I am not even going to post and quote to retort to all your garbage, it's not worth my time, but, I will make this one post. So sit back, tuck in your gargantuan e-****, shut your pie-hole and read this. I will make it clear and concise so you won't have to re-read it.

Did you even read the title of this thread? It's "Turbo rotary corolla v/s 03-bolt-on Cobra w/nitrous." Clearly, if you had nothing other than brains in your cranium, YOU would realize that the thread/post was about a speed contest. NOTHING else. It's after all the kill section. So when you bring your stupid, airheaded "POS" comments into a thread as such, it's childish and clearly shows the closemindedness you exude. Is that clear enough? I was not attacking C5 owners. You are the dumbass for assuming so. I was referencing YOU and other ignorant C5/other automobile owners. You make nothing but stupid posts ALL the time to showcase how "great" your C5 is over all other imports. There's one thing about loyalty, but downright ignorance is another thing. Again, I was referencing YOU in this instance.

I post on this and most other automotive sites because I have a genuine love for cars. LS1 powered cars just seem to be included in that foray. Am I going to defend imports? Yes, when I see baseless attacks from ignorant domestic car owners who don't know any better. I also do vice versa and defend domestic cars on import sites when someone there says something stupid which also happens frequently. I have done it before and will continue doing so not giving a flying crap whether it hurts your feelings or not. Get ******* used to it. Would I love to own and drive that Toyota? Yes, you betcha. It's fast, and speed is my drug.

BTW, my car is very reliable. Unless 60,000+ miles in 3 years isn't and it's stock too.

Love,
Mike.

Originally Posted by Sparetire
Look. Back to topic (or at least the one that this went into) calling another car a POS based on looks and marque is ricer BS. Think about the arrogant morons who watch their BMWs and Ferraris and (insert supercar here) get beat by an LS1 and then say "I dont care, hes still driving a Camaro and I'm in an M3..." Dont be that guy. Please. What you said earlier was that guy talking. Make fun of its looks? Sure. Its ugly IMHO too. But thats no POS. Thats a project some guy put some work too, and he got some damn good results. I dont care if its bondo colored and has rusted out mismatched wheels. I dont care if theres an exsaust leak. Its a mean friggin car, and no POS.
My f'n point.

Last edited by diambo4life; 02-24-2006 at 04:25 AM.