Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2006 EVO IX RS vs. LS1 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 11:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Thats the most worthless post I've read in a while. Its nothing more than you ranting about how great your Evo is. Sorry, but nobody cares. Whats all this crao about the Evo IX being so different from the Evo VIII?? Its the same damn car, it looks the same, it runs similar times, and it only makes 10 more HP. Still looks like the 4-door family sedan with a huge ricer wing that it is. How do you think your 286HP car is going to keep up with a stock LS1 making 340HP?? Its not, and the bottom line, so stop with the ricer arguements. I love how you call names too, real mature there

Wow, you say I have "growing up" to do, yet you are the one trolling about imports on the LS1 forums, and with zero posts nonetheless. You are the ones that needs to grow up, not to mention get a life

I've driven and ridden in plenty of Evos and DSMs, therefore I can speak from first hand experience. I never said they were "****", I just said I don't like them and don't think they are anything near as great as people percieve them to be. They stick a turbo, a handing package, and a huge wing on a family sedan and all of a sudden its the best thing since sliced bread. Sorry, but I don't agree.

Now there a quality 2 line post from someone who don't know their head from their ***. I'm on this forum because I like Muscle cars and LS1's you dumbass, that doesn't make me a troll. What I'm objecting to is import guys coming on here and bragging about kills and how there cars are better and blah blah blah. I'm sick of the bullshit, half the time the stores are so unbelieveable that its a joke.

Really?? And since you know me so well, I guess you'd know
Unless you have something to add that can prove me wrong, shutup.
See if you had any intelligence you would have read my post as im basing my assumptions on your posts. Also, you have yet to prove anyone else wrong? You still havent posted a pic of your "Phantom" LS1, you havent shown one piece of evidence against the EVO dyno numbers, hell all you have done is try to start **** and act like an internet tough guy. Again your not impressing anyone, and from your posts it shows you know little to nothing about cars.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see much of a problem with this race. If it was a 6 speed, 70 isn't a great starting point with stock 3.42's. When he was in 50 and 60 he was probably in 3rd so I can see only a car being gained.

I've raced a few of the 8's and when I was stock it was about the same except at 50 where I gained a couple cars because I used 2nd.

As for the Evo's eating up the LS-1's in autocross or on a roadtrack. B.S. they are in the same class for a reason.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

Man you must be the dumbest person on this whole site. You always, always have some stupid ricer excuse for everything, no matter who or what it may involve, or how wrong you may be.

Where did anyone say that AWD generates power?? Are you just pulling this stuff out of your ***?? What I said was AWD drivetrains have a higher parasitic loss than RWD cars, most are between 20-25%. Meaning only about 75%-80% of the power is actually getting to the ground. It performs well in the 1/4 mile because it can come off the line quickly due to the AWD launch. That shaves almost a full second off the ET right there, making it a low 13 second car instead of a high 13/low 14 second car, which is what it would be with FWD.

Hey clueless - trap speeds of 100MPH are good for about 14.0 second pass, nothing more. The reason the Evo is in the low 13's is because of the AWD launch, nothing more.

By your dumbass opinion, if the car looses 25% with AWD, it wouldn't be slower if it was rw or fw drive, because it would then gain power at only 15% loss.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

What the **** difference does it make??

I've never owned one and I would never want to, nor would I ever want to own a factory rice 4-door with a huge wing like an Evo or Sti
You don't like imports, or think they or slow compared to your F-Body? I'll run you in my import and teach you something you probably didn't know.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Dal1as
I don't see much of a problem with this race. If it was a 6 speed, 70 isn't a great starting point with stock 3.42's. When he was in 50 and 60 he was probably in 3rd so I can see only a car being gained.

I've raced a few of the 8's and when I was stock it was about the same except at 50 where I gained a couple cars because I used 2nd.

As for the Evo's eating up the LS-1's in autocross or on a roadtrack. B.S. they are in the same class for a reason.

I don't know that I could believe LS1's are hanging with and of the power imports at a track. (RX-7's, EVO's, STI's, etc.) Sure with the right suspension and car you can beat anything, but I mean stock or lightly modified.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Now there a quality 2 line post from someone who don't know their head from their ***. I'm on this forum because I like Muscle cars and LS1's you dumbass, that doesn't make me a troll. What I'm objecting to is import guys coming on here and bragging about kills and how there cars are better and blah blah blah. I'm sick of the bullshit, half the time the stores are so unbelieveable that its a joke.
You are on this forum cause you like muscle cars, so what. Then why do you talk so much ****? Apparantly you just never have really raced anyone in your so called "LS1 you claimed to have but have no pics/dynosheets to back your big mouth". Do you realize that import owners dont just come here and brag, a lot of them come on here with legitimate kill stories and there are always LS1 owners here that just wanna talk **** and act like the stories are always bullshit. Why do you get so upset because there are fast imports out there? I would guess you have a serious case of LMS by the way you act. And yeah call me a dumbass, thats a good way to win arguements, well I guess im a dumbass that owns a faster car then you will ever imagine owning. Peace
Old 03-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by brad8266
You are on this forum cause you like muscle cars, so what. Then why do you talk so much ****? Apparantly you just never have really raced anyone in your so called "LS1 you claimed to have but have no pics/dynosheets to back your big mouth". Do you realize that import owners dont just come here and brag, a lot of them come on here with legitimate kill stories and there are always LS1 owners here that just wanna talk **** and act like the stories are always bullshit. Why do you get so upset because there are fast imports out there? I would guess you have a serious case of LMS by the way you act. And yeah call me a dumbass, thats a good way to win arguements, well I guess im a dumbass that owns a faster car then you will ever imagine owning. Peace

At least some F-body owners know something about other cars including imports. Nice post. +1
Old 03-24-2006, 09:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LSINA7
At least some F-body owners know something about other cars including imports. Nice post. +1
I have nothing against nice imports, the one thing I dont like about them is how they sound, the sound with aftermarket exhaust just isnt for me. I like how some look and some are damn quick. I am probably buying a supercharged cobalt soon to add as another daily driver, thats probably as close as ill be to getting an import. I dont know whatb the thing is with some people and just plain hating everyone that drives an import. On the other hand though, its the ghetto ricers with wings and lots of stickers and no go that give import drivers a bad name, just like guys like wesman and 2.73 vette give us a bad name.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:04 AM
TECH Regular

^ Haha, believe me we dont think your all bad, there is a Wesman on every board out there. The Evo board doesnt have a "Kills" section so we find other boards, I personally am on about 4-5 daily and a member of maybe 20+. I know plenty of people like that, most of us are car nuts, I love reading kill stories of all kinds. I'll throw in this sound is subjective, personally, Ive heard some nice sounding imports, I think my Evo sounds pretty good, it all depends on the exhaust. But I agree some just sound freakin ridiculous and I dont see how they would even drive the car that way. Also IMO the Mustang sounds way better than a TA, Camaro, Vette etc with an exhaust, I love the way they sound of course everyone is different.

Some ricers do give imports a bad name, I mean a stock Civic with neon lights, stickers, huge wing etc trying to race an LS1 or whatever is just stupid, but most of these guys are young and are just messing around and domestic guys take it the wrong way. On the flips side though, I have seen plenty of domestics acting the same way, its not the car its the person.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:16 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, if its fast, post it up, hell, even if it isnt fast, if its a kill, it belongs here (within reason). I dont think my loss to the toilet was even locked, lmao
Old 03-26-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

By your dumbass opinion, if the car looses 25% with AWD, it wouldn't be slower if it was rw or fw drive, because it would then gain power at only 15% loss.
You are clueless. A 10% increase in wheel horepower from going from AWD to FWD or RWD is not even close to enough to offset the almost full second difference in times that the AWD system provides with a hard launch over a comparable FWD/RWD car with the same HP output.

Hey jackass - I'm in IT. I get PAID to do fuckall. You are not your postcount.
So basically you get paid to fuckoff and troll forums. I'd be real proud of that it I were you

You don't like imports, or think they or slow compared to your F-Body? I'll run you in my import and teach you something you probably didn't know.
Like what?? The fact that your 18 year old import looks and sounds like ****?? Show me something I don't already know

I have nothing against nice imports, the one thing I dont like about them is how they sound, the sound with aftermarket exhaust just isnt for me. I like how some look and some are damn quick. I am probably buying a supercharged cobalt soon to add as another daily driver, thats probably as close as ill be to getting an import. I dont know whatb the thing is with some people and just plain hating everyone that drives an import. On the other hand though, its the ghetto ricers with wings and lots of stickers and no go that give import drivers a bad name, just like guys like wesman and 2.73 vette give us a bad name.
You pretty much just explained why you don't like imports and then summed it up by saying you like imports

I don't hate anyone because they drive an import. In fact, I think its fine, if they like that car, then buy it and enjoy it. It would be rather borning if everyone owned the same car made by the same manufacturer.

What I don't like is when people buy imports and then claim that they are somehow better than American vehicles just because they are Japanese. If you like the looks of an Evo or STi, good for you, but that doesn't mean that everyone else does. Nor does it mean that everyone has to respect your car for some reason because its a quick import. Yet trolls will come on here and argue with the facts, saying that their factory performance Japanese car is faster than any number of American performance cars, even though the reality is that its not. And THATS what I hate.

Last edited by Wesmanw02; 03-26-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Banned

So basically you get paid to fuckoff and troll forums. I'd be real proud of that it I were you
Youre right, I'd MUCH rather be busting my *** in the cold making less money. What, are you in High School too? Drop out while you still can if you havent already, there arent enough buger flippers in this world.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

Like what?? The fact that your 18 year old import looks and sounds like ****?? Show me something I don't already know

Looks and sounds like ****? Obviously you don't know what you are talking about. The irony in what you just said.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XakEp
Youre right, I'd MUCH rather be busting my *** in the cold making less money. What, are you in High School too? Drop out while you still can if you havent already, there arent enough buger flippers in this world.
You sound like a 30 year old overweight disgruntled computer tech with no life. You are the kind of person everyone hates, the bald fatass who sits at a computer all day dicking around and gets payed good money for it. Thats certainly not something I'd brag about.

Looks and sounds like ****? Obviously you don't know what you are talking about. The irony in what you just said.
No, I know exactly what a 1988 RX-7 looks and sounds like, and describing it as "****" actually makes it appear quite good compared to what it actually is.

And what have I said thats Ironic??
Old 03-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

You sound like a 30 year old overweight disgruntled computer tech with no life. You are the kind of person everyone hates, the bald fatass who sits at a computer all day dicking around and gets payed good money for it. Thats certainly not something I'd brag about.

No, I know exactly what a 1988 RX-7 looks and sounds like, and describing it as "****" actually makes it appear quite good compared to what it actually is.

And what have I said thats Ironic??

Read my sig, your are eating your words. You just said a cammed LS1 sounds like **** and is ****, or actually you said it was worse than ****. Smart one junior.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Banned

Bald fatass. I'll have to remember that one. I dont think I've ever been called a bald fatass.

6'6" and 217lbs. Oh, and a full head of hair. No life? Well, thats only because I now have a 3 month old kid and being a good father means your kid gets all your time. Seriously, keep trying with the ad hom attacks, youre making me and my wife laugh.

Old 03-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Banned

I don't know that I could believe LS1's are hanging with and of the power imports at a track. (RX-7's, EVO's, STI's, etc.) Sure with the right suspension and car you can beat anything, but I mean stock or lightly modified.
You have to take into consideration, the Majority of those cars are AWD. The WRX's, and STI's, and the EVO's.
You are right though, they have great suspensions, and are wicked track cars.

But put the LS1 in a chassis that is made for a track
The Corvette, and even without AWD, you have a car setting lap times all over the world.

I have seen Fbodies that have been lowered and given excellent suspenions, and they are great track cars.

Even in stock form, they are underrated.
I have the suspension package on my car ( 1LE for camaros, WS6 for Firebirds ) and it handles very well.

I used to have a 91' 240SX SE with Super Hicas.
Now that was a track car.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TopendLt1
You have to take into consideration, the Majority of those cars are AWD. The WRX's, and STI's, and the EVO's.

The Corvette, and even without AWD, you have a car setting lap times all over the world.

I have seen Fbodies that have been lowered and given excellent suspenions, and they are great track cars.

I have the suspension package on my car ( 1LE for camaros, WS6 for Firebirds ) and it handles very well.

I've always wanted to see a corvette run in a WRC style race.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TopendLt1

240's are the **** on a track.

LS1 in a Corvette chassis setting records. Nope, LS1 in a RX-7. Now thats a track car.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Read my sig, your are eating your words. You just said a cammed LS1 sounds like **** and is ****, or actually you said it was worse than ****. Smart one junior.
You're a retard. You list the engine 2 lines down from the car in your sig, so it appears as if you are talking about a separte vehicle. Way to be a clown.

Quick Reply: 2006 EVO IX RS vs. LS1 Camaro SS