Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me vs 05-06 roush (long)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Me vs 05-06 roush (long)

Alittle run down of what i went through on this damn car. Well earlier today i FINALLY got the TA running after a very long cam, stall swap, and most of the bolton's installed, had it done last weekend but a leaking head gasket caused a mcdonalds milkshake in my oil pan so i had to tear the heads off it again and redo it. So today after about 4hrs of sleep in the last 2 days i dumped in some oil and i fired it up all the moons of jupiter must of be aligned cause everything looked good and the thing sounds awesome. So i changed the oil again to try and get more/most all of the water out of the crankcase which from what i can see there isn't much if any at all now.

Now i wait for my g/f to get to my house since the car is partly hers, and i wanted someone to be at my house so when i took the car on it's maiden voyage if i broke down someone could come get me . I drove around the block a few times and checked the oil and coolant and such no sign of water in the oil all the fluids were still contained inside the motor so i figure hell let's see how it does in traffic. I pickup the woman from my house and grab my LS1m scanner then we're off. Now i wasn't even planning on running it hard or anything i just wanted to go through traffic and see how it went, the low coolant light came on but no biggie the car wasn't overheating so i didn't worry about it.

Well the trip through town went good the scanner read real good so lets see how it does on the highway. I jump on and give it some gas the new mods wanted me to hit the pedal to the floor but i was still hesitant i figured there might be alittle coolant in the oil still, and i wasn't sure how all the mods would react. BUTTTTTT as i'm merging i see the most glorious sight an LS1 owner could hope to witness a lonely 05-06 mustang driving down the highway . WTF my instincts kicked in an the thought of running the car easy went straight to the back of my mind my mouth watered my leg started shaking and i pushed the pedal down farther cussing at the car infront of me to get outta the way he was the only thing between me and this mustang.

Finally what seemed like an eternity the little cavy infront of me see's the bird wants through and he moves over. NICE nothing but one lone mustang and open highway ahead. I pull up along side an older guy with his wife were awaiting i see it's a roush it had a fancy gascap with a 3 on it , i goosed the throttle the 3500 stall allowed the TA to give out a loud growl as i passed. He got a peek at the plates "U8MYDST" and it was on. I see him grab a lower gear and kick the pony in the *** so i dropped the hammer and we're off no ones pulling he's stuck at my rear tire well but had to let off due to a light and some light traffic. I look over at the g/f she has a disappointed look on her face as she announces i'm an idiot lol. Before i could reply the light turned green i take off slow and traffic disappears well something must be wanting me to race this guy again so who am i to decline.

2nd race i move over to the right lane and before i got all the way over this guy started about 1 carlength back and he's coming hard. I hammer the throttle again and he pulls his front tire barely infront of my front bumper and it stays like this till i let off, i was going fast enough the tranny shifted to 4th. I believe had we kept in it i woulda been able to pull on him but there was traffic up ahead and i know it's bad to be WOT in 4th so i let it go. I wanted to give him a thumbs up but he kept speeding away so i dunno if he was a cool guy or not, apparently they were not cool they would not make eye contact with me at all before or after either race. I wish i had the nitrous hooked up damn i woulda sent that pony to the glue factory. Also wish he woulda actually LINED them up evenly but i'll take what i can get i guess.

But that's my story sorry didn't have the video cam with me since it was only suppose to be a "test" run around the city lol. And i'm not sure what stage of roush it was i'm guessing a stage 3 since the 3 was on the gas cap like the pictures i've seen of stage 3's, but it was damn fast that's for sure.

Last edited by 89tang; 03-25-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

funny you raced him right after your mod install with no tune at all. Nice race.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by brad8266
funny you raced him right after your mod install with no tune at all. Nice race.
Well it does have a slight tune thanks to Bill from off here, i sent my PCM to him so the car would run decent till i get it to the dyno. I wouldn't have ran it hard if at all without some kind of tune. But thanks, yeah it was crazy that happened right after i got the car running.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out too can't wait to put the spray on it and i thought my mustang as fast lol.

Last edited by 89tang; 03-25-2006 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

You crazy f!ck!!!

Just wait till we get it fully tuned, then you'll be smiling!
Old 03-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Billiumss
You crazy f!ck!!!

Just wait till we get it fully tuned, then you'll be smiling!
LOL this is what a few other LS1 ppl. have told me.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 89tang
I look over at the g/f she has a disappointed look on her face as she announces i'm an idiot lol.
haha I def kno how that is man. niice kill,, stage III roush stangs are just as fast if not faster than the 03/04 snakes.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98BlackTransAm
haha I def kno how that is man. niice kill,, stage III roush stangs are just as fast if not faster than the 03/04 snakes.
Thanks, i thought they were as fast or faster then the 03-04 snakes but i wasn't sure. All of the LS1 guys on clubgp said i shoulda beat him if i had a complete tune done N/A so that makes me kinda happy to hear the car will be faster after a tune. Plus a 75-100 shot that is half way put on it at the moment too.