Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

wtf is with supra guys?!??

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSINA7
Why use it in a RX-7? Do some reasearch. Its reliable, powerful, and new. Its a sweet *** motor, makes power easy, makes a lot of power. The RX-7 weighs 600 lbs. lighter than a F-body, and not everyone in my neighborhood has one.

I am full of ****? Give me one example were I am full of ****? Exactly.

Oh yeah, I am such an attention *****, big ******* deal. What have you said useful in this thread? Nothing.
kinda reminds me of the LS7 swap into the pontiac solstice featured on hot rod magazine
Old 03-29-2006, 07:48 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GMmexican
I just read on road and track that toyota is going to start making supras again, and most likely they will be powered by anNA v-8

When was that from? It was a V-10 now its a V-8? Whats your point?
Old 03-29-2006, 07:58 AM
11 Second Club

fearsm- your car is beautiful!! what power numbers do you put down and what do you run?
Old 03-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CamaroSS621
fearsm- your car is beautiful!! what power numbers do you put down and what do you run?
Thanks alot. I dynoed Sat and put down 540 rwhp. My timing map is off though because the last time I dynoed it was 600rwhp. That same Sat I ran a 10.8 at 128 mph. Once I go stand alone the car should run low 10's maybe high 9's at 136+. Before this Sat when my timing was fine I cut a 1.51 60 ft and ran a 6.315 in the 1/8 mile. I had to abort the run though because I hit an oil spot on the track.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Launching!

Can you post the graphs and your timeslip?
Old 03-29-2006, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GMmexican
I just read on road and track that toyota is going to start making supras again, and most likely they will be powered by anNA v-8

Is there something wrong with that?? Dont u have a v8 in ur car??
Old 03-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MagikMan
Can you post the graphs and your timeslip?
I have to get the disk and put them online. The car is featured in Turbo magazine also. If you dont believe it then PM 2.73 Vette here. He is in Hawaii and has seen the car and seen it run.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 25psi
I've seen supras pull twin turbo vipers making 1000hp. I have also seen a Lingenfelter(sp) vette making 800rwhp lose to a supra by 3 car lengths. There aren't to many cars on the road today with equal hp, that can hang with a supra from a roll. The gearing in those cars are amazing.

Down here at the supra national a couple of weeks ago, there where some cars that went to Corpus Christi for the mile run. There is a wide open track that use to be a base for the military(where planes land). Anyway, there where quite a few cars that where doing standing 1 mile runs. The fastest car there was a supra, that ran 204mph. That is fast as hell considering you only have one mile to do it in.

Show me 5 videos of highly modified supras losing from a roll against a vette or viper or any other car for that fact.
Damn, I can't find that 408 turbo against that busa. It walked it like it was standing still.
I did find the modded supra versus the busa.

http://www.badassride.com/videos/busa_vs_supra.wmv
Old 03-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2.73 Vette
My friend has a Supra and i have a vette..
when he had 720 rwhp and I had 345 rwhp I would put a buslength on him from 30-90 mph..

then around 90 mph his car would pass mine like I was standing still..

at the track I ran a 13.1 with 345 rwhp and he ran a 13.5 with his 720 rwhp...

To me thats a dyno queen..720 rwhp is AWESOME..But what good dose it do in a race if you dont have over 200 rwhp till 4500 rpm's...?????

I have seen his dyno and it's exactly like that...

Now on the other hand there was another guy at our track with a supra that only had 600 rwhp that ran 10.9...

So these supras can be fast with the right set up..Just too many of them go for the biggest RWHP for there dyno without taking into consideration all the other important factors to make the car fast..ESPECIALLY the huge LAG that the supra is famous for..

It's a bad a** car..I dont really care for the looks my self but as far as imports go it's pretty nice looking..

The reason there are so many jokes about it is simple..

-An LS1 will run low 13's with only 300 rwhp
-with 350 rwhp the average LS1 will run mid 12's
-with 400 rwhp the average LS1 will run high 11's
-with 500 rwhp the average LS1 will run low 11's/high 10's

Now do the same thing with the supra but start at 450 rwhp

-with 450 rwhp the average supra will have a hard time hitting mid 12's ( not saying that some dont do this or better) but there are a lot more 450-550 rwhp Supras running 12's then 10's and 11's...

With our LS1 and 450 rwhp your pretty much guaranteed 11's....

Thats the differance that I see...

If someone tells me there vette or fbody has 450 rwhp ( compared to my little 370 rwhp) I know that from a roll or dead stop there gonna be in front of me the hole race and keep pulling...

Someone tells me they have a 450 rwhp supra ( vrs my little 370 rwhp) I think to my self ( dang if we go from a dead stop and I let off around 120 mph Ill probaly take them..

In my mind atleaste..Theres a huge differance between a 450 rwhp LS1 and a 450 rwhp Supra from a stop.
Just because your buddy with over 700 hp can't drive doesn't mean all Supra's are slow. I ran a 12.4 at BPU with less than 400 rwhp. I stomped a 500rwhp LT1 with only about 450 rwhp... Does it mean that they are all turds?

I really think your buddy just can't drive...

Even if his power band starts in the high 4,000's all he has to do is slip it out of the hole at about 5,800 - 6,200 rpm and it will INSTANTLY pull.

Lag is so over rated if you really know how to drive.

Oh, and a 1,000 hp Supra that can hook and has a good driver will slaughter the thread starter from a dig or a roll.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default yep!!

I know I am saying this to a bunch of non-believing, import hating morons, but I am going to say it anyway.

If the car is 1000 hp, it will kick your ***.

Supra's with 1000 hp do not run 12's with someone who can shift gears. If the car has 1000 hp, they probably know how to drive.

Just because it has a body kit, does not mean its slow or riced. Widebody's are used to be able to fit wider tires. 335's are a normal tire for Widebody Supras.

Supras are not just dyno queens. They all can make a ton of power. Don't be jealous. Ryan Woon's Auto Full weight car runs 8.4 with 1100 hp. His 6-speed car runs 8.6 full weight. Seriously, how can you hate on that.

Why do all of you act like this? Does it really hurt you that bad that Supra's are sweet *** cars, that can make a shitload of power and beat LS1's everyday? I own a damn LS1, love the ******* motors, but I have respect for all cars. Seriously guys, think before you speak.

Now flame me, I know I am on LS1tech.com, so lets hear what you hillbillys have to say. Ok, haha, that was just to pick a fight.

First off watch the name callin its not nessary plus I am Black and i have a turbo charged Z28 with a 427. For the most part you are right some guys just think
(I have a supra Im king of the world or I have a lsx). Look at the facts 1000hp on a street car is nasty, but will it hook up? 780hp in a Ls car is nasty but will it hook up?? There are alot of factors in who will win. It boils down to driver tracion and setup's. Have I seen a 1000hp supra? yes did it run 12's no it ran 10 flat was it a drag car? No it was street driven. Have I seen a 700+ LSx car ? yes did it run 12's no it ran 9.56 was it a drag car no its a daily driver (My uncle owns it) Face facts guys on both sides If you see a LSX F-Body You better come with it You see a Supra Turbo you better come with it

Nuff said
Old 03-30-2006, 08:30 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
First off watch the name callin its not nessary plus I am Black and i have a turbo charged Z28 with a 427. For the most part you are right some guys just think
(I have a supra Im king of the world or I have a lsx). Look at the facts 1000hp on a street car is nasty, but will it hook up? 780hp in a Ls car is nasty but will it hook up?? There are alot of factors in who will win. It boils down to driver tracion and setup's. Have I seen a 1000hp supra? yes did it run 12's no it ran 10 flat was it a drag car? No it was street driven. Have I seen a 700+ LSx car ? yes did it run 12's no it ran 9.56 was it a drag car no its a daily driver (My uncle owns it) Face facts guys on both sides If you see a LSX F-Body You better come with it You see a Supra Turbo you better come with it

Nuff said
Its cool man, it was just a joke. And what you said is true, both can be fast as **** and both are. But he is talking a 1000 hp Supra and a 500 hp F-body. If either can hook/shift, the Supra should win even with traction problems.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by turbo_passat
Is there something wrong with that?? Dont u have a v8 in ur car??
nope i ****** luv v-8s thats all i have ever known/driven.........but its just funny that the supra guys say v-8's suck and that they can smoke us in there smaller 6 bangers when they are going to have v-8s of there own now.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talking True

Its cool man, it was just a joke. And what you said is true, both can be fast as **** and both are. But he is talking a 1000 hp Supra and a 500 hp F-body. If either can hook/shift, the Supra should win even with traction problems.
Well said if the supra has a good than it will beat a 500 hp f-body just not in a short run ie. turbo lag and so on But nuff said sorry if i came off like a dick but some *** holes on this sight can be stupid I have rode in a 890 hp supra the last time i was on leave and it was like wait for it wait for it the boom whoaaaa shiiiiittt hold on for dear life I all so rode in a 780 hp twin turbo trans am and it was like a beast But the supra sounded better

Quick Reply: wtf is with supra guys?!??