Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

408 turbo T/A vs. 2 gixxer 1k's...(vid inside)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 01:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000 Tran Zam
when we were driving, we had prob over 4100 lbs or so with driver and passenger, full stereo, interior, iron block, turbo, etc....

because I didnt break boost it was harder initially to catch up. I need to learn to do that from rolls now.

Plus I honestly dont think its at the 845 rwhp right now, was prob mid 70's-upper 70's and my engine was running way hot most of the time.

plus the car was tuned on 93, im running 91 out here so I dont think that helped.
Get on a dyno I think I am about 3875 with my camera man with me. probably about 750 rwhp. And yes I think there is a little driver error there, you gotta be on your game with a GT55's spool time, haha.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

With numbers even remotely close to what's in the sig, I was expecting the T/A to do better.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gnxs
With numbers even remotely close to what's in the sig, I was expecting the T/A to do better.
ya like i said, i dont think its close to that, plus im still learning how to brake boost.

Im gonna PM allan and see if I can send him my pcm to unlock, then we can start messing around and check to see how its tuned and running down here.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2000 Tran Zam
at 165 it seemed very stable and I had to weave between a car or two trying to play catch up with the bike.

Let me rephrase it.

I think I have enough power to pull off 200 mph.

whether or not I can do that safely i dont know. I have a lot of suspension stuff, pan hard bar, shocks/springs, tubular k member, adj. torque arm, tubular lca's, weld on sub frames, etc...

only thing really left to do is a cage to ensure rigidity, but the fact that my car is heavy as hell might help a little bit with stability at higher speeds.

This is my opinion, which doesnt really mean ****, lol.
I dont doubt you have the power either but i bet after 175-180 you'll find your self lifting even with your heavy car, if you plan on going speeds that fast -I hate to say it but get a big ricer wing, a front spoiler wouldn't hurt either.. theres a video on street fire, some of you might have seen of a guy topping out a 350Z race car, he got it over 200 then started slowing down and then he ATE it.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

ya, thats the only thing id be afraid of too, guess its a good thing im not goin faster then 165 right now, lol.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Just to give you guys a little heads up, just because they say the bike are stock doesn't mean it is, we all drive stock cars correct. Just a small example most of the locals know about my turbo bike and most won't race then i offer to race them with my stock 02 gixxer 1k( the slow ones ) and most except but what the dont know is the bike has a little more compression, gutted stock exhaust, degreed cams and a 50 shot all hidden under the tank in the air box and it make 200 plus whp all in a package that looks and runs 100% stock. I still think that you will still run with him if its stock and the rider is ok. BTW the rider on the 1k was shifting pretty well in that clip, make me think he has done it before. Good luck can't wait to see the VID.

STEVE
Old 04-30-2006, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

well?
Old 04-30-2006, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

what do you mean well?

Im shipping the car back to futral to fix the over heating issue, and to re-look at the tuning.

hopefully it should be back in my possesion in a month or two.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:10 PM
10 Second Club

I hope you have that hood pinned and you have some upgraded brakes for stopping! Those are some fast speeds! I would hate to see you have some kind of an issue or an accident. I don't wanna even know what the cops would do if they caught you doing that type of speed... Be safe and good luck!
Old 05-01-2006, 03:25 AM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Great vid Your car should have walked those bikes IF they were stock IMO

FYI, in case someone reads this with enough power and enough ballz to attempt it I'll give a little advice on high-speed runs from experience.

First: as mentioned above, at least have a front air-damn or other aerodynamic upgrades.

Second: make sure your suspension is up to snuff.

Third: better be running the proper tires AND psi; pressure rises FAST at those speeds due to temperature build up.

Fourth: do a full bumper to bumper inspection of as many bolts and nuts as you can.

Fifth: DO NOT HIT THE BRAKES AT 200MPH You could inadvertently swing your rear end around due to the turbulence created and upset chasis/balance. Once you've attained your speed, or you wish to stop your run, SLOWLY lift off the throttle and allow the MASSIVE wind resistance to decelerate your car.

Last edited by The Dragon; 05-01-2006 at 03:30 AM.