Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Old vs fat

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old vs fat

Running to get dinner...there's a red 1998 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra in the center lane. I notice he's got some nice ZR rated tires on the back which are a little wider than stock. I've just filled up the tank on my 1993 Chevy Extended cab 4600lbs - including the fatso driver (race weight - LOL) pickup.

I'm in the left-hand lane behind an Infinity which is making left. Light turns green and he (just as I would expect a Cobra to do) moves out briskly in front of everyone. So I move up about a length behind him and begin pacing him, while I'm still in the left-hand lane.

He gets annoyed and I see a puff of black smoke come out of both tips, so I mash it (we're doing about 50mph at the time). I proceed to pull on him and pull, and pull. I look back at one point and almost decide to back off as its like 2 bus lengths. However, its like this guy all of the sudden became a ricer and is either just trying to catch up or do a fly-by.

I continue to press, but not all-out, just keeping the guy behind me. He finally gives up - doesn't even look over. I let him get in front because I see he wants to turn off. So I let him, but follow. He doesn't even go past 45 for about the next 2 miles, so I turn off and make another notch in my steeringwheel.

Honestly, I don't know much about the Cobras, I read the 03-04 Cobras are nothing to mess with , but I figured this guy would give me a run for my money.

Those AFR 205cc Mongoose heads sure put the bite on that Cobra's neck - he he
Old 04-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

98 Cobra = 13.8-14.3 or so at around 98-102 from what I hear, someone else could prolly inform you better.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stanger88
98 Cobra = 13.8-14.3 or so at around 98-102 from what I hear, someone else could prolly inform you better.
I gotta say, this one had to be one of the 14.3 models.....