Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Beat 04 Cobra!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006 | 08:14 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench
Yes it's an auto. I can stall my car just right and pull a car on the take off....but it sure ain't long before the Cobra's catch me and kill me. As for the quarter times....I got no clue yet. This is my newest Z car. My old Z Car (R.I.P.).....was a 94 with the full LT4 Conversion, 3000 stall, 4.10 Richmond, LT's, with a tiny 150 Zex shot......and it ran 11.78 @ Bristol's Thunder Valley.

The 2002 hasn't quite made it to that level of mods yet. But back to the Terminators.....anything is possible on the street....and I commend your friends win over the Cobra...but I really hope he never encounters a Cobra owner with mods....who can actually drive their car. He'll be toasted without modding his car some more.

Am I right Unit?
Correct.
Old 04-19-2006 | 08:29 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by gnxs
Correct.
Old 04-19-2006 | 10:04 AM
TECH Regular

Cobras can be fast as hell with light mods. I had an 03 with a KB and it was fast as hell. I put down 591rwhp on 17lbs!!! I miss that car. I guess i got a good replacement though. Here is a pic of 03 KB Cobra and my Z06.

Old 04-19-2006 | 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z O SICK
Cobras can be fast as hell with light mods. I had an 03 with a KB and it was fast as hell. I put down 591rwhp on 17lbs!!! I miss that car. I guess i got a good replacement though. Here is a pic of 03 KB Cobra and my Z06.

That is a sweet Vette I would get one if I could afford one but they are so expensive. And I have 2 kids and a house note and another car note on a scion XB for my wife. (Great gas mileage and family car horrible performance.) Good thing my TA is paid for if not it would be bone stock. I like the TA anyways it makes me look younger. I am 30 a lot of older guys drive Vettes. But if given the opportunity I would trade mine straight up for an 02 Vette any day.
Old 04-19-2006 | 08:38 PM
Teching In

I had a stock LT1 in a Fiero. Pretty quick car, BUT not quick enough to take a stock 03 cobra IMHO. I still beat him. If I was to run against someone who knew how to drive id be fucked. Those S/C'ed cobras are NO joke. It may have happened, but you beat the driver, not the car. Their fast stock, sick fast modded. Im a gm guy though and through, but you gotts give props where props are due.
Old 04-19-2006 | 11:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mr. Pat
I had a stock LT1 in a Fiero. Pretty quick car, BUT not quick enough to take a stock 03 cobra IMHO. I still beat him. If I was to run against someone who knew how to drive id be fucked. Those S/C'ed cobras are NO joke. It may have happened, but you beat the driver, not the car. Their fast stock, sick fast modded. Im a gm guy though and through, but you gotts give props where props are due.

Hey I checkedout that pick. I dont like Fiero's but this one is tight. Thats crazy dude an LT1 in a Fiero. I give you props for that. That is crazy.
Old 04-20-2006 | 08:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by marcdez
That is a sweet Vette I would get one if I could afford one but they are so expensive. And I have 2 kids and a house note and another car note on a scion XB for my wife. (Great gas mileage and family car horrible performance.) Good thing my TA is paid for if not it would be bone stock. I like the TA anyways it makes me look younger. I am 30 a lot of older guys drive Vettes. But if given the opportunity I would trade mine straight up for an 02 Vette any day.
I actually paid about the same for both cars. I got luckly and found a good deal on my Z06. I hear you on the bills/kids. I only have one so i can still take her everywhere. As far as me looking younger, my windows are so dark people can't see how old i am lol. You are right though, most people think guys in Vette's are old and never race. I'm olny 29 and i don't know how many poeple i've surprised when they pull up next to me and i'm the first one to throw a rev lol. Like i said before, i really miss my Cobra but i wanted a Z06 since they first came out in 01, so i had to get it.
Old 04-20-2006 | 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

I absolutely love the C5 Z06. If for some reason I don't like the new Camaro when it comes out, that money is going to an 04' Z06 so it can sit next to my Z28.
Old 04-20-2006 | 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Yeah your Vette is clean I would trade my car and give you 8 thousand but I know it is worth more. I have looked at them on autotrader the cheapest one I saw was a 98 and it was 13 thousand and it was wrecked. The door and windsheild were all messed up. I bought my car for cheap 9,500 dollars 2 years ago it had LT1 wheels it still has the old LT1 tail lights but it is a 98. Oh check this out the block is a 2000m block heads are 98 the drive train is from a V6 and the radiator is to but its not wrecked. I think they blew out the engine or something. Since then I have put the ream air hood Vette wheels and nitto tires rockford amp custom box 10 inch woofers rockford fosgate shift light 2 6 x 9 pioneer 2 4 inch pioneer and 2 2 inch pioneer and 2 tweeters. I need to update my pick. That was before the ram air and a lot of other mods. Also listed in the signature is the engine mods. You down for the trade or what.
Old 04-20-2006 | 11:21 PM
Launching!

good kill

-Josh
Old 04-21-2006 | 09:10 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah your Vette is clean I would trade my car and give you 8 thousand but I know it is worth more. I have looked at them on autotrader the cheapest one I saw was a 98 and it was 13 thousand and it was wrecked. The door and windsheild were all messed up. I bought my car for cheap 9,500 dollars 2 years ago it had LT1 wheels it still has the old LT1 tail lights but it is a 98. Oh check this out the block is a 2000m block heads are 98 the drive train is from a V6 and the radiator is to but its not wrecked. I think they blew out the engine or something. Since then I have put the ream air hood Vette wheels and nitto tires rockford amp custom box 10 inch woofers rockford fosgate shift light 2 6 x 9 pioneer 2 4 inch pioneer and 2 2 inch pioneer and 2 tweeters. I need to update my pick. That was before the ram air and a lot of other mods. Also listed in the signature is the engine mods. You down for the trade or what.
Sorry, but i will have to decline your offer. I've had three f-bodys already. Don't get me wrong, i love f-bodys but they don't compare to Vettes. I'd love to have another f-body again but i would'nt trade my Z unless i got an offer i couldn't pass up. I would be taking a huge loss. My car also has over 10K in upgrades. The only thing i don't like abut it is that it's not fast enough lol. But that's about to change soon. I'm sure you can pick up a stock 02 Z06 for around 28K, you just have to look. Looks on the fourms. That's where i found mine.

Tony
Old 04-21-2006 | 06:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z O SICK
Sorry, but i will have to decline your offer. I've had three f-bodys already. Don't get me wrong, i love f-bodys but they don't compare to Vettes. I'd love to have another f-body again but i would'nt trade my Z unless i got an offer i couldn't pass up. I would be taking a huge loss. My car also has over 10K in upgrades. The only thing i don't like abut it is that it's not fast enough lol. But that's about to change soon. I'm sure you can pick up a stock 02 Z06 for around 28K, you just have to look. Looks on the fourms. That's where i found mine.

Tony
Like I said they are to expensive. 28 let me get a second mortgage. I will get one but I will have to wait about 4 years until My wife finishes paying off her XB.
Old 04-22-2006 | 12:40 AM
Teching In

Like I said they are to expensive. 28 let me get a second mortgage. I will get one but I will have to wait about 4 years until My wife finishes paying off her XB.
Not to be a dick or anything, but isn't the XB that aweful looking boxy thing. It reminds me of a tampon box with wheels. I always take a good look at the people driving them just to try to figure out what's wrong with them to buy such a thing.
Old 04-22-2006 | 11:45 AM
On The Tree

LOL thats funny I kinda told my wife the same thing but she was persistant. It gets great gas mileage though. Like 32 MPG and the inside is prety spacious for the kids but yeah it looks like a shoe box. Thats why I drive my TA and not that Box.