Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Street racing etiquette

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
egg them on by dropping into a lower gear and jump on and off the throttle quickly, almost like your taunting them...works great

^Yeah do what this guy says.^

All those things you see ******** do, do them.

It is like the mating call of the street racer. When they see you aren't a gay bear (not the animal, the hairy fat guy type) they get angry (like a slapped bee, heard by exhaust buzzing) and try to race you to establish dominance.

You then beat them (like a fish against a rock) to establish your place as the "top" and them as the "bottom."

Make sure if you lose you do the "ricer flyby" this is frequently misread as being a "loser" thing to do when in reality it is the "ricer" (bee) flashing his/her/hisher behind to attract a bear (so that they can be mounted... from the rear of course).
Old 01-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Teching In

In the summer time I just normally scream out the window "Hey dude. I just had sex with your mother and have it on video tape!" then take off and see if he can catch me. That worked every time except one. The guy screamed back "Can I get a copy off you?".

No really I just normally find pacing another car in a low gear at high rpms will do it.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Painting your hood black will usually attract people too. It just screams "race me." That and I also removed the Z28 badges from my Camaro.

It worked for awhile but everyone started to recognize the car they lost to after awhile.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317
^Yeah do what this guy says.^

All those things you see ******** do, do them.

It is like the mating call of the street racer. When they see you aren't a gay bear (not the animal, the hairy fat guy type) they get angry (like a slapped bee, heard by exhaust buzzing) and try to race you to establish dominance.

You then beat them (like a fish against a rock) to establish your place as the "top" and them as the "bottom."

Make sure if you lose you do the "ricer flyby" this is frequently misread as being a "loser" thing to do when in reality it is the "ricer" (bee) flashing his/her/hisher behind to attract a bear (so that they can be mounted... from the rear of course).
Old 01-26-2007, 10:02 AM
TECH Addict

I was up next to a mustang for a lil ways late last night but i coulndt get him to bite. so i turned around and went home. so im a mile from my exit and a car comes up passing people by getting over into the offramp. turns out its a c55 amg, so im like sweet i might get a race afterall. Well i get up next to him and drop it into 3rd at around 60 so my exhaust is screaming and i sit there for like 5 seconds just waiting to see if he'll go. I gave up and put it into 5th and started to drive off and then the bastard punches it. So yea, its hard to get people to race sometimes, just gotta be patient
Old 01-26-2007, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

people like to wait until your off guard, just like you said you sit next to them @ high rpm and they dont do **** as soon as you go back to driving normal they go buck wild.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by vMaster0fPuppets
Didn't know where to post this but this is definetly a related section. Why is it that I can never get a race?

I was thinkin it may be because I wasnt givin enough time for the other person to line up. An m3, a porsche, and soome quick lookin Mercadez all pretty much ignored me earlier today (driving through a rich section of town to meet some girl).

So a little while ago, about 2 in the morning, Im crusin about 65-70 on a desolate highway and I notice the lights a 03-04 mustang coming up on me. I figure this time Ill give some time to line up, so as hes passing me I notice its a cobra. I think to myself "Sweet Im gonna get destroyed this is gonna be awsome." Anyway I let him pass, then line up next to him. stay for a couple seconds tryin to see through his tinted windows until I just give up.

So is there some kind of ritual I must perform to get a race?
The mercedes and the others probally thought u werent worht there time. and lord knows how many ls1s that 03 cobra has smacked the crap out of, or maybe vice versa.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't ever get anyone to race me in my ss with no badges on it. Although when I drive my buddies ss the emblems are like ****** bait, people are trying to go at it all the time.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Regular

Idk i usually try to start races that i know are probably faster than me, just so when i lose im like oh well i figured as much and if i win im like alot more excited then when i beat a riced out Civic...
Old 01-26-2007, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't try and egg them on because that'll just **** most people off and they'll just ignore you. just be courteous and roll down the window and point forward or motion or something. don't just stay along side them because they'll just either drive faster and merge out of the way or slow down and ignore you. i know i do that to people because it always seems like the people who match my speed and try and pass me from the right always end up being a**holes and merge between traffic and risking lives. what i always do is a courteous wave, then point, then give 3 fingers, letting them know i wanna go for a run after 3 honks. if they decline, then you give an "ok" and wave them off. that way there's no foul and no negativity. it works for me most of the time.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sdm1234
don't try and egg them on because that'll just **** most people off and they'll just ignore you. just be courteous and roll down the window and point forward or motion or something. don't just stay along side them because they'll just either drive faster and merge out of the way or slow down and ignore you. i know i do that to people because it always seems like the people who match my speed and try and pass me from the right always end up being a**holes and merge between traffic and risking lives. what i always do is a courteous wave, then point, then give 3 fingers, letting them know i wanna go for a run after 3 honks. if they decline, then you give an "ok" and wave them off. that way there's no foul and no negativity. it works for me most of the time.
Well said.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:42 PM
12 Second Club

I never try to initiate races, but people will rev at me and do all types of ****. I am just usually 'ready' with the cutout open, between 4-5k rpms so they can definately hear me, and just wait for them to jump.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:40 PM
TECH Resident

Wow I can't believe this thread was resurrected. I still really find no races, but at this point I think it's a good thing because I've been having problem after problem. Every time I get the money saved to fix something another thing happens. For a long time it was the transmission. I fixed that and now I need to replace a knock sensor because I cleaned the engine bay

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317
When they see you aren't a gay bear (not the animal, the hairy fat guy type) they get angry
And why would you assume I'm not a hairy fat gay guy. Actually im too damn skinny, pretty hairless, and wear banana rebublic or american eagle. I'd actually fit the stereotype for the other type of gay guy but for my almost addicting fondness of vagina.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
egg them on by dropping into a lower gear and jump on and off the throttle quickly, almost like your taunting them...works great
That's exactly whet I do! in gear with the cutouts open, to were my car jumps and makes a barking sound when I do it.

Quick Reply: Street racing etiquette