Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Unintentional Kill...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unintentional Kill...

So I'm out making the rounds in the Formula. Only had her back on the road for a few weeks and Im still trying to baby her somewhat. I make my usual routes, looking for some other car enthusiasts but to no avail.

The friend riding shotgun tells me about a spot he used to hang out at, said they had some decent size get togethers so we decided to head that way and check it out.

So Im cruising in the far right lane of a 4 lane road, not particularly in a hurry, just happy to be out and about in my car. At some point, I'm not exactly sure when he showed up, I look over to my left and see a white, lowered Civic with matching white rims, with the driver looking to be about 12 years old. I see he has some gauges glowing from the pillar. As Im giving his car the once over, I realize I missed my turn.

Now I try to slow down so I can cut a left and head back to my original destination, thinking nothing of the car beside me, but as I slow down, so does he. We're in a 60 mph zone, and as I slow down to 50 so does he, 40, he's still there....30, still pacing me. I realize he thinks I want to race, but honestly, I dont feel like wasting my 3.09 dollar a gallon gas on him. I know there are fast civics out there, but this didnt look to be one of them.

So, I roll my window down, trying to signal to him that I'm not trying to race, just turn around. I even did the little turn around signal with my hand...no help though.

Finally, I decide I've had enough. We're doing about 25 now and I'm in second gear, even though with stock 3.42's, 25 mph is a prime area for 1st. I decide to give him the jump so I do the "lets go" motion with my hand. As soon as he hits it, I do the same, instantly putting a length on him, climbing to about 3 by the end of second. Deciding to really punish him since he wouldnt let me turn around, I go ahead and slam third and proceed to put massive bus lengths on the kid. At the top of third, I let out, coast down to a reasonable speed, finding a gas station and turning around. As Im making my u-turn, what do you know, a white civic comes flying by me, throwing me more angry weed-eater type revs.

Either that kid didnt learn his lesson or he was really nice and gave me round one. I dont know, you guys decide.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chadtx01
throwing me more angry weed-eater type revs.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:04 AM
On The Tree

he was probably snickering at you since you had to pull into a gas station. mpg yo.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rubber duck
he was probably snickering at you since you had to pull into a gas station. mpg yo.
Not only better gas mileage, better resale value and more reliable.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kurtdog
Old 04-24-2006, 01:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

As Im making my u-turn, what do you know, a white civic comes flying by me, throwing me more angry weed-eater type revs.
now that was one the funniest comments i have read about the sound of civic's. im falling out of my chair!
Old 04-24-2006, 02:19 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who the hell buys and mods these cars with resale in mind?!
Old 04-24-2006, 06:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

yeah you get a lot on resale for a Civic with a jacked up primered body kit, fart can, big ugly wing, fake badges, and gauges mounted everywhere. Retard. This is what ricers always say when they lose, MPG, resale value. They say it cause thats the only possible thing they have going for them cause they sure as hell dont drive a quick car.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yep. You haven't jumped on the bandwagon at all.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Those things better get better gas milage, they make less than half the power than a stock LS1 and they are lighter.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by brad8266
Those things better get better gas milage, they make less than half the power than a stock LS1 and they are lighter.
which is why you shouldn't try to make them fast, they aren't meant to be race cars.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

when i was in the market for a car, i couldn't decide between a Pruis and an ls1 car, since they're pretty much the same car. Good thing i didn't know then what I know now, now that i am enlightened.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:36 AM
On The Tree

I like my car, it gets 32mpg on the highway