Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

raced a 5.0, with the fiance in my car...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 08:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raced a 5.0, with the fiance in my car...

a 5.0 stang pulled up along side of me at a light tonight and my fiance noticed that the driver and his gf kept looking over at me and laughing. Im thinking, "if she wasnt in the car with me, id spank him" and then we see the light about to go green and she says lets see how bad we can beat him.... sweeet

we straighten out and I can hear him nail it from a car length behind me. i let him get about 1/2 a car in front of me and I nail it. spinning from a 35 mph roll I WALK by him like nothing. NOW, i know this is obviously an easy kill for a cammed camaro but afterwards my fiance is all sorts of syked that we passed them while I was spinning, and now she wants me to do more stuff to the car so I can really throw the smack down.

If I hadknown thats what i needed to do to have her not be pissed about modding I would have hooked up my 100 shot of nitrous and maybe she'd let me to put in a 402. She is all about talking smack to everyone about my car. its great when your girl can get into this.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

a stock or mildly modified 5.0 wont even hold a candle to an ls1 car...not to mention a cammed and bolt on one.

my first kill was actually against one of my friends in his 5.0. He was with his g/f and I was with mine.

He has a 91 mustang gt 5 speed. 75 shot of nitrous,3.73 gears, and orx pipe.

It was about a week after I had my car and we went out to the movies...on the way back we got into it a little. When I first got the car it had a lid and a flowmaster cat back only.

I dogged him...and he has had respect for camaros ever since. he was used to picking on 3rd gens and stock lt1 cars.

the very next week after my basically stock car waxed him he had a 408 stroker built at the local race shop. It has afr heads, mammoth solid roller 25x or so cam, all forged, will be topping it off with a 200 shot.

My days are numbered to say the least. as of right now it is an embarassment for us to even race, but when he gets the car together in the next year or so I cant wait to see how good it runs...even though its a ford.

anyway...good kill...its always fun when the g/f doesnt give you **** about it....and supporting you...that is unheard of.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's nice when your woman gets into the spirit of the kill. I just hope she never learns to turn that love of domination on you! Ouch!

Good kill!

Jim
Old 04-24-2006, 11:59 PM
12 Second Club

wish my girl would get all syked up...she closes her eye's so if anyone has a gear head g/f i would be willing to trade + $5 or $6k.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:02 AM
TECH Addict

The last time I let my gf drive my car (1 year ago before I did most of my mods) she raced some truck with it...
Old 04-25-2006, 01:27 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's cool, but women always have a way of SOMEHOW ferreting out some bad **** who will take you down. THey always overestimate and are not objective. Beware.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:34 AM
12 Second Club

It's cool, but women always have a way of SOMEHOW ferreting out some bad **** who will take you down. They always overestimate and are not objective. Beware.
she has really impressed me knowing what would usually beat what. but then again she knows what i teach her and she remembers most of it. except for the time she tried racing a 98-02 gt with her 95 contour 24v V6. lost terribly but she had the heart
Old 04-25-2006, 08:14 AM
Launching!

My g/f is getting to be the same way, when she see's another firebird or mustang she'll tell me the rev. it alittle try an get a race lol. In fact yesterday i was pissed off about a few things, so she went by herself to her sister's to let her dogs out. She comes back and we drive around for awhile in the TA we pass a mustang and i gun it alittle for the hell of it. She quickly replies oh he won't do nothing i tried to race him earlier when you wasn't with me and apparently he had nothing to offer .

Good kill
Old 04-25-2006, 08:41 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1>girlfriend
wish my girl would get all syked up...she closes her eye's so if anyone has a gear head g/f i would be willing to trade + $5 or $6k.