Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

G35 gets Denied!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette4LIFE
Thank You, just lettin em eat their own **** stew, ya know.

Anywayz boyz, I was MaD TyTe ridin, like sic shifts n asian chicks lil ****, ti waz da ****, I know ya'll are feelin me dawg, don't dis on me homes, its like La Rasta man, it gangsta.

Does that kind of vernacular make anyone else vomitous? Perhaps, me thinks, its time for the Real version of how to sayit.

Well hell, I dun whooped up on dem dere Hondee boys purty good, n they uz real skerred too. Next time I crank up my chevy them lil city-slickers with their purty glowing lights ul get kilt. (i from bama so i can make fun of rednecks)
:

Watch out though, veetak's are mad tyte yo, they dope mayn!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 12:29 AM
Staging Lane

I'm not against n20, I just ain't gonna do it. I want n/a reliable power. I want those headers bad.

How much to the rear wheels will I get with intake, exhaust, and longtubes

Yep dem v-taks is purt nigh near nuff to Satan. they is ev-vil lil critters, 4 cyl terrors they is, but I aint skerred cuz I got dis-place-mint n pow'r neath my tyres.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Vette4LIFE
I'm not against n20, I just ain't gonna do it. I want n/a reliable power. I want those headers bad.

How much to the rear wheels will I get with intake, exhaust, and longtubes

Yep dem v-taks is purt nigh near nuff to Satan. they is ev-vil lil critters, 4 cyl terrors they is, but I aint skerred cuz I got dis-place-mint n pow'r neath my tyres.
Umm... lets see if you are stock you've got about 345-350hp so almost 300 to the wheels give or take 5hp. Plus intake(8-10hp), exhaust(20-25hp), and longtubes(10-15hp) you should be sittin' at about 383-400hp or 325-340 rwhp. At least thats what i figure and that's with a 15% drivetrain loss which is what i've heard is about average. Smarter people please step in and correct my calculations if they're way off!

I'd also suggest a good tune which can be good for up to 15rwhp in some cases(not sure about simple bolt-on vette's)!!!

Plus you could throw in a nice heads and cam setup ($pricey$) and be at well over 400rwhp! Which should be plenty to deal with his FI kit unless he does a real nasty setup, in which case you buy a 100-150 shot of laughing gas and the game is over !!!
Old 04-27-2006, 01:37 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mean94t/a
Umm... lets see if you are stock you've got about 345-350hp so almost 300 to the wheels give or take 5hp. Plus intake(8-10hp), exhaust(20-25hp), and longtubes(10-15hp) you should be sittin' at about 383-400hp or 325-340 rwhp. At least thats what i figure and that's with a 15% drivetrain loss which is what i've heard is about average. Smarter people please step in and correct my calculations if they're way off!

I'd also suggest a good tune which can be good for up to 15rwhp in some cases(not sure about simple bolt-on vette's)!!!

Plus you could throw in a nice heads and cam setup ($pricey$) and be at well over 400rwhp! Which should be plenty to deal with his FI kit unless he does a real nasty setup, in which case you buy a 100-150 shot of laughing gas and the game is over !!!
Thanks man, iim gonna just do the first three i think. I want reliability, and I want less to fool with. Of course, if I lose a race I will probably be disappointed and then maybe do something else. I just want to open her breathing up and not worry about breakage.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mean94t/a

I think those numbers are a little optimistic. :-P
Old 04-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

Aight, so I talked to the guy this morning he was leaving the parking lot I pulled up to him and said:

Me: Hey your mike right?
him: yeah, what's up man?
me: yeah bro you got the jump on me the other night.
him: yeah that's the only way I knew I could handle you
Me: You didn't handle me lol
him: yeah but I tried
me: well your car is pretty fast, whats in it other than your exhaust
him: I have an intake and exhaust right now, but I have a Vortech supercharger on the way, made for this car. I am low 14's right now, it should put me in the mid twelves.
me: oh **** its on! Im looking to get some tubes, exhaust and intake, my vette is bone-stock.
him: its nice
him: im going to the Twin City Drags on friday, you should come.
me: can't this Friday, 'rents are visiting from alabama, but next weekend.
him: cool, aight man later

so he's a cool guys who didn't try to bullshit, straight up said he couldn't handle it wiht his mods, and I respect him for his honesty. I believe him about the supercharger, cuz his car is niiiccee. No spoiler, champagne stock color, with exhaust and lowered with racing chrome rims. I got to get me some mods going. Wouldn't want him to get the upper hand.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Teching In

I had a stillen SC setup on mine, which is a much better application for the g35 coupe. He will never run twelves.

Mine ran like a top and with the trunk and back seats gutted I could only get 12.96 once... usually 13.0-13.2

At sea level.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
I had a stillen SC setup on mine, which is a much better application for the g35 coupe. He will never run twelves.

Mine ran like a top and with the trunk and back seats gutted I could only get 12.96 once... usually 13.0-13.2

At sea level.

oh man, that's great news, guy's cool and all, but I still want to be able to whip his ***, and if I drive her to 5500 or 6k in each gear with a good solid shift, I MIGHT still be able to beat/tie him, even with the S/C. Oh I'll be a smug bastard then, with my stock vette!!lolol

Plus, I seriously doubt he will be gutting, he has the nav package and all that, so I doubt he will weight reduc her, anyway.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya, he'll never see 12's with that. Especially with the heavy rims and it sounds like he's got a lot of options. With a set of long tubes, intake, and exhaust you'll still have him pretty easily. With intake, exhaust, and a Magnaflow X-Over I'm at 315 to the wheels. So with tuning and those headers 350 is very realistic.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Staging Lane

Ghetto Ty, Cts-v man, what would be too fast to hit second in? 50, 60, 65? I don't want to be too extreme on my car, just aggressive enough to run her right, also, what is the best method to let out the clutch on the hardcore downshift like that? the rpm's just leap up at you during his time, and I am used to driving mustangs (just don't giver a **** with them, but I LOVE MY VETTE, and don't want to be TOO abusive, therefore this stupid, newb-like question, forgive me ). I used to bust into third at like 80 or 90 in my old fox-body, but just unsure and want more experienced answers to satisfy what my own thoughts are. Preciate it.

Yep Im drinking
Old 04-28-2006, 04:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I shift to 3rd at about 6K and thats about 70 (don't remember exactly though since I look at the road and tach only. I like goin from a 50 roll cuz thats a perfect spot for me in 2nd. It gives you a good jump but you have to go to 3rd pretty quick. I wouldn't suggest goin to 2 above 55. I haven't powershifted her yet I just bang through the gears, and she takes it everytime.