Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Poorly running Z28 vs. Evo from a roll on the freeway

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poorly running Z28 vs. Evo from a roll on the freeway

Despite my Z's slouchy 1/4 mile performance it's still a beast on the highway. Last night I was driving to Fontana on the 60 cruising at 100(I was tired and wanted to get home) when I see a Evo zoom right by me. I had turned down a challenge from an Evo owner earlier that night in Buena Park, and my friend whom I was taking home wanted to see me race the Evo on the freeway so I throttled it and caught up to the Evo and slowed all the way down to 60. We tried to race several times but the Evo never wanted to run when I took the jump, so I gave it to 'em and played catch up. I was at his back tire from the jump and stayed there until 85-90ish when I started to pull on him. After 100 I pulled hard and got lengths on him, by 130 he was plainly in sight in my rear view mirror. I let off at 135 because at the point I was just wasting gas, and I had passed up the 15 junction. Not bad for a poorly running auto(manuals have gear selection advantage) Z on the freeway.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QuickBlkZ28
Despite my Z's slouchy 1/4 mile performance it's still a beast on the highway. Last night I was driving to Fontana on the 60 cruising at 100(I was tired and wanted to get home) when I see a Evo zoom right by me. I had turned down a challenge from an Evo owner earlier that night in Buena Park, and my friend whom I was taking home wanted to see me race the Evo on the freeway so I throttled it and caught up to the Evo and slowed all the way down to 60. We tried to race several times but the Evo never wanted to run when I took the jump, so I gave it to 'em and played catch up. I was at his back tire from the jump and stayed there until 85-90ish when I started to pull on him. After 100 I pulled hard and got lengths on him, by 130 he was plainly in sight in my rear view mirror. I let off at 135 because at the point I was just wasting gas, and I had passed up the 15 junction. Not bad for a poorly running auto(manuals have gear selection advantage) Z on the freeway.
nice run, a nice stall converter will fix that gear selection, hehe. All those weak spots go away.