Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

got raped by a formula

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 10:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got raped by a formula

Just got my 3.73 Gears broken in, met up with 2 guys from a hangout around here and they wanted to run for fun so we drove about 10 minutes to a good spot. We went from a 3 honk roll at about 20, I thought his was an automatic thats why I said I would run him from a low roll...as soon as I heard him put it in first before the 2nd honk I regretted that I knew I was going to get owned. Sure enough 3rd honk he pulled a good car lenght through first, maybe 1 1/2-2 by about 70 but I was keeping up and starting to reel him in a little bit.

Im not going to say I would of won, he won fair and square however I think the results would of been different if we went from a 45-50 roll.

The guys seemed real cool didnt brag or anything after the race and actually commented on me spinning going into second Overall I got my *** handed to me Id like to go again with them from different speeds.

They asked me if I posted on LS1tech hopefully they see it.

Lid
Exhaust ( muffler only)
3.73 Gears
Tune from livernois Motorsports ( my work)
1Sc Stripper car too...3280 with me in it...

I dont know his mods, he said stock gears I knew exhaust but hey thats what I get for messing with a 6 speed on RADIALS Good thing I didnt go from a dig eh?

-Chad
Old 05-04-2006, 07:17 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by losiguy
Just got my 3.73 Gears broken in, met up with 2 guys from a hangout around here and they wanted to run for fun so we drove about 10 minutes to a good spot. We went from a 3 honk roll at about 20, I thought his was an automatic thats why I said I would run him from a low roll...as soon as I heard him put it in first before the 2nd honk I regretted that I knew I was going to get owned. Sure enough 3rd honk he pulled a good car lenght through first, maybe 1 1/2-2 by about 70 but I was keeping up and starting to reel him in a little bit.

Im not going to say I would of won, he won fair and square however I think the results would of been different if we went from a 45-50 roll.

The guys seemed real cool didnt brag or anything after the race and actually commented on me spinning going into second Overall I got my *** handed to me Id like to go again with them from different speeds.

Lid
Exhaust ( muffler only)
3.73 Gears

I dont know his mods, he said stock gears I knew exhaust but hey thats what I get for messing with a 6 speed on RADIALS Good thing I didnt go from a dig eh?

-Chad
there's nothing wrong with having an automatic. You need to get a stall converter. You will thing differently about owning an auto.

As for the race, how fast did you go up to?
Old 05-04-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

with 3.73 gears i doubt you would start pulling on him unless he had like those gears or like 4.10 or something. more than liekly he had 2.73 or 3.23s and if he pulls you form the beginning no reason he shouldnt continue to. and from a roll those drag radials will only hurt him so. bleh he obviously isnt all the way stock to pull on you like that,
Old 05-04-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Resident

if he was a stick he couldnt have 2.73 or 3.23. had to have at least 3.42.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by losiguy

Lid
Exhaust ( muffler only)
3.73 Gears

-Chad
You have 3.73 / 3.06 first gear that multiplys to a much steeper overall first gear ratio than 3.42 / 2.66 so you should do much better from a dig!
Old 05-15-2006, 09:01 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just looked to see what your other posts were and i found this.

that was my bird, here is the vid
http://videos.mistreetscene.org/vide...33CB77E2D8.htm

put a stall in your car with some drag radials, and you will whomp all over me from a dig, when we were driving behind you we were wondering what you had done to the car because you wouldnt tell me what you had, and then my buddy said you probably had a gear, and i was like, ****, thats why he wanted to go from a 20 roll.

my mods are in my sig, and if we went down low now, you would get me because my clutch is gone.

we will have to go at it again sometime soon, it just needs to stop raining here, its pissing me off.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:55 AM
TECH Regular

Nice, good run, good fun.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JDP
put a stall in your car with some drag radials, and you will whomp all over me from a dig...
With the right stall speed, he'll whomp all over you from a roll, too...
Old 05-17-2006, 12:51 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey now, we dont need to hate against the 6 speed cars.

auto cars with a stall and gear are quick as hell though.

looks like i need to mod some more