Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

WS6 vs El Camino SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WS6 vs El Camino SS

Little race yesterday
Went out of town to get some things for the wife, got the stuff, and was going back thru town to get on the highway
I noticed (heard actually) what looked like a Monte SS coming up quick, he gets next to me at the light, and it's not a monte, but an El Camino SS, we cruise next to each other for a couple of lights, throwing revs back and forth till we get to the last light in town, it's red so he revs at me and I return the rev.
Light goes green and we go I baby it out of the hole, and he just punches it, and pulls the holeshot, he's about a car ahead when I hit second and stop his pull, we end up about even when I hit 3rd, and I start pulling away, hit 4th, and run it out to about 110 where I was about a car and a half ahead,I hit the brakes to let him know I was thru.
He follows me into the next town, where I stopped to get some gas. He gets out, and says "good race, car sounds good too. What ya got under the hood?" So I tell him lid, catback, and headers, so I ask what he's got so he pops the cowl hood, and it's a stealth rammed 350 with an LT4 cam, vette heads, headers, and duals
He said it ran 12.9s last time he took it to the track, so this was the first street race I had a decent opponent (mostly ricers and early 90s stangs running around here )
Old 05-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

early 90's stangs not a decent race...PFFFTTT!!!!! I myself would be edged out by you, but My friends NA 331 pushing 416 whp on pump would be a decent challenge I guess.

Other than your backhanded attack!!! Good kill, lmao. I love those Elkys
Old 05-09-2006, 10:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not an attack dude, just the way it is around here, too many retarded rednecks with flowmasters and fart cans thinking they got the baddest thing on 4 wheels
The real hardcore car guys are now found at the track (now they reopened it)
Old 05-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Banned

I am just messing with ya, posting on this board gives us mustang guys a complex, its all good
Old 05-10-2006, 02:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stanger88
posting on this board gives us mustang guys a complex, its all good
You stang guy's aren't the only one's. But not so much of a complex as it is a dream.

Oh yea, Nice kill. Camino's are awsome; I love those cars.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Banned

haha, I recently realized my dream as well, posted a while back