Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

10.4 MR2 See Video

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006 | 01:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BoOsTeDeAgLe
ARE YOU SERIOUS? There's actually a game where you can put different motors into different cars? On ps2?
No, its Forza...and the REALLY cool part? its MAD realistic, and certain big blocks in the game dont make the same amount of HP as the LS1 can make...just like in real life.
Old 05-14-2006 | 10:59 AM
On The Tree

@ this thread!
Old 05-14-2006 | 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by turbonatormr2
. The funny thing is that the 10 and 9 second pases are being made with 4 less cyliners than your car. .
no **** but your running over 20 psi to make up for the lack of those 4 cylinders buddy.............know your engine fundementals b4 speaking, nice car by the way but lets not turn this into another 10 page import vs. domestic thread.
Old 05-14-2006 | 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn Gmexican, what took you so long to respond.
Old 05-15-2006 | 03:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 25psi
Damn Gmexican, what took you so long to respond.
i dunno i guess im not a bench racing troll????? wheres wesman when you need him...........oh i forgot banned haha
Old 05-15-2006 | 07:46 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by Wants an LS1
I gota tell you, i dont post a lot here as u can see by my post count, but i swear to god ive seen so many damn "ten secon imports" from this to the S2000 a WHILE back as well, i dont get it really. Impressive, of course but, not as impressive to us V8 guys? Is it beacuse were insecure about our cars and hate to see imports run our times? no, thats not why, its just

Weve been doing it for quite some time now N/A close to 30 years, dont wonder why were not OVERLLY impressed.
Maybe it's because those cars are known for being notoriously slow... Maybe that would make it an accomplishemnt .
Old 05-15-2006 | 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
Maybe it's because those cars are known for being notoriously slow... Maybe that would make it an accomplishemnt .

Whats your point tho? SN95 Gt mustangs are pig slow and can be made fast n/a....whats your point? Still not getting mine?

MR2 Turbo and a SN95 mustang GT...both realtively "quick cars" but nothing special, one can be sent into the 11s N/A, the other can not even leave the factory with out FI or see 11s or even 13s without it. Anything can be made fast if you have the money, a ten second MR2 is quite impressive, but once you see what it takes to get it there as a V8 guy...its just not THAT impressive any more.

and besides, havent import people been boasting ten second videos for how long now? And whats with import people constantly talking about how common place it is for one to run tens, yet when someone does run it...its like a never before seen miracle to be marveled over? YES I FIND IT IMPRESSIVE I DO NOT HATE IMPORTS. Again like i said Its impressive, and it ges respect, but it seems like you import guys want us to REALLY marvel over it or something. I used to own a 1988 monte carlo SS that was a fat big with 180 HP...if i put that into the 10s with a built motor retaining the 305 Cubic inches...would u marvel over it like it was the greatest thing like sliced bread?
Old 05-15-2006 | 08:54 PM
LS7 Member

Whats your point tho? SN95 Gt mustangs are pig slow and can be made fast n/a....whats your point? Still not getting mine?

MR2 Turbo and a SN95 mustang GT...both realtively "quick cars" but nothing special, one can be sent into the 11s N/A, the other can not even leave the factory with out FI or see 11s or even 13s without it. Anything can be made fast if you have the money, a ten second MR2 is quite impressive, but once you see what it takes to get it there as a V8 guy...its just not THAT impressive any more.

and besides, havent import people been boasting ten second videos for how long now? And whats with import people constantly talking about how common place it is for one to run tens, yet when someone does run it...its like a never before seen miracle to be marveled over? YES I FIND IT IMPRESSIVE I DO NOT HATE IMPORTS. Again like i said Its impressive, and it ges respect, but it seems like you import guys want us to REALLY marvel over it or something. I used to own a 1988 monte carlo SS that was a fat big with 180 HP...if i put that into the 10s with a built motor retaining the 305 Cubic inches...would u marvel over it like it was the greatest thing like sliced bread?
Who is freaking out over this car? I think it's cool. It's a fast car for sure. You don't get the point that i'm trying to make.

It's a mr2 (slow) and it's fast (cool). Sure anyone can make a v8 go quick. The challange is to go that fast with a smaller (motor) / harder platform. To me that is an accomplishment. Reguardless of how much it cost to get the car there (within reason), it's impressive because it's an mr2 with a small cubed motor. Any idiot can get a big cubed motor and spray it into the 10's big whoop. It's not just getting there, it's how you get there. For some people, thats a majority of the fun they have when building cars . Maybe I just feel this way becasue i'm an engineer...

Anyone could buy a v8 this or that and run decent times but people choose to go different more challenging routes. It's not like fbodies are that expensive. It's all personal choice, and you chose an "easier" route.

Compare this to that turbo mini van that goes 12's. So what, 12's are pretty wasy to obtain these days in alot of cars with little money. It's the fact that he went 12's in a mini van. A "weaker" platform was transformed into something fast.

I'm not trying to poke at the mr2 guys as I know some of you make very good power .
Old 05-15-2006 | 09:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
Who is freaking out over this car? I think it's cool. It's a fast car for sure. You don't get the point that i'm trying to make.

It's a mr2 (slow) and it's fast (cool). Sure anyone can make a v8 go quick. The challange is to go that fast with a smaller (motor) / harder platform. To me that is an accomplishment. Reguardless of how much it cost to get the car there (within reason), it's impressive because it's an mr2 with a small cubed motor. Any idiot can get a big cubed motor and spray it into the 10's big whoop. It's not just getting there, it's how you get there. For some people, thats a majority of the fun they have when building cars . Maybe I just feel this way becasue i'm an engineer...

Ok, look i get your argument, but youll sit their and tell me i could spray a big cubed motor and get in the 10s....you could bolt a bigger turbo onto the MR and run 10s.....or is it ebacuse it s turbo with half the cylinders we disregaurd the turbo? How is anything with FI an "easier platform?" sounds like their anserew to Cubic Inches really. Maybe its beacuse my whole family on my fathers side is drag racers and my uncle holds NHRA records at english town using a 289 cubic inch motor NA making 650RWHP(super stock)....maybe

I wasnt freaking out over the car btw, a long detailed anserew should be something you respect, i mean you ARE an engineer and about hitting all things 360 rather then just laying out bits and pieaces right?

And i KNOW you didnt just say "any idiot" and use a V8 refrence afterwards right? i was keeping the peace, anyBODY can make a import fast...i never denyed that...and i didnt choose the "easier route" i chose the "cheaper one with the same results"

Last edited by Wants an LS1; 05-15-2006 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-16-2006 | 12:04 AM
Staging Lane

i didnt choose the "easier route" i chose the "cheaper one with the same results"
Damn, I was going to say that.

I'ld have to agree with LS1 on this. It's not about hating imports, or the import VS. Domestic. It's about the people and the mentality of each side. Yes, there are about equally as many idiot's on each side, my opinion anyway's. It's just I find the guy's that are idiot's on the import side impossible, even if you prove them wrong; they still wont believe you. Alot of them are far too stuborn to admit anything, not even an FBI report would get them to "see the light." Alot of the import scene; all noise, no walk. It's one huge scene for impulsive liar's. They start talking about how much they've got done to their car, and once you ask them to run with you, their a no go/show or request rediculous ****. It alway's seem's like it one huge pissing contest, without proving yourself.

That's why I like the V8 people, you prove them wrong, they're cool with it. Or at least admit it. You beat them in a race and they'll more than likely be like, "cool; nice , let's go get a and have some fun." You guy's appreciate at least a "decent" challenge and welcome all types.

This is what I find between the two anyway's. That's my $0.02 today.
Old 05-16-2006 | 12:24 AM
Staging Lane

to the moron with the "4 less cylinders comment." gtfo!! no need for the ricer talk. what if the v8's weighed as little as the mr2, what if the v8 had the same turbo running the same psi? who cares, run what ya brung. anything can be fast with money.
Old 05-16-2006 | 12:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slow trans am
to the moron with the "4 less cylinders comment." gtfo!! no need for the ricer talk. what if the v8's weighed as little as the mr2, what if the v8 had the same turbo running the same psi? who cares, run what ya brung. anything can be fast with money.

To the moron who wrote this...you are aware i was just making a comparison right? actually...What the HELL are you talking about? you know i own a V8 right? 1994 mustang cobra about to try for an 02-04 Z06.....did u think i was against them?
Old 05-16-2006 | 05:37 AM
TECH Regular

THAT is SUCH an old video. Why would you post it here it has nothing to do with an LS1?
Old 05-16-2006 | 10:54 AM
TECH Regular

Cause they were bored maybe?
Old 05-16-2006 | 11:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MR2liter
THAT is SUCH an old video. Why would you post it here it has nothing to do with an LS1?
Beacuse now we "respect" them or something...Seriously, if us LS1 guys went into a lot of import forums and just said "Ten second LS1 video" theyd probally cry when they realized the damn thing is either N/A or sprayed, then once they realized there car with over 30k in mods is only worth about 15 and will enever be more,.....theyd cry a little more.
Old 05-16-2006 | 12:51 PM
Banned

Beacuse now we "respect" them or something...Seriously, if us LS1 guys went into a lot of import forums and just said "Ten second LS1 video" theyd probally cry when they realized the damn thing is either N/A or sprayed, then once they realized there car with over 30k in mods is only worth about 15 and will enever be more,.....theyd cry a little more.
Frankly I'm getting a kick out of all of these replies. Anyone with a v8 motor that says a 10 second 4 banger isnt impressive is a closed minded moron.

Anyone who says that a 10 second or faster v8 isnt impressive is likewise ******* stupid.

I'm nearly done with my 73 Duster, and I'm having alot more fun with it than I ever did with my import. Imports and domestics both have great platforms, and each has their strengths and weaknesses. Focus and accentuate the positive, and dont dwell on the negative.

This is not a difficult concept people.

No one who really cares about speed gives a flying **** about the cost. If you want to achieve your goals you'll do whatever you have to in order to get there.
Old 05-16-2006 | 02:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by XakEp
No one who really cares about speed gives a flying **** about the cost. If you want to achieve your goals you'll do whatever you have to in order to get there.

Well said.
Old 05-16-2006 | 03:52 PM
LS7 Member

Ok, look i get your argument, but youll sit their and tell me i could spray a big cubed motor and get in the 10s....you could bolt a bigger turbo onto the MR and run 10s.....or is it ebacuse it s turbo with half the cylinders we disregaurd the turbo? How is anything with FI an "easier platform?" sounds like their anserew to Cubic Inches really. Maybe its beacuse my whole family on my fathers side is drag racers and my uncle holds NHRA records at english town using a 289 cubic inch motor NA making 650RWHP(super stock)....maybe

I wasnt freaking out over the car btw, a long detailed anserew should be something you respect, i mean you ARE an engineer and about hitting all things 360 rather then just laying out bits and pieaces right?
That was directed at your comment. I don't see anyone freaking out over the car...

And i KNOW you didnt just say "any idiot" and use a V8 refrence afterwards right? i was keeping the peace, anyBODY can make a import fast...i never denyed that...and i didnt choose the "easier route" i chose the "cheaper one with the same results"
I was using the v8 reference as a bigger cube example. I think the guy who takes a 346 and goes 10's is more impressive than the guy doing it with a 427. Oding the most with what you have (smaller motor) is more impressive than goign bigger and having similar results.
Old 05-18-2006 | 06:06 PM
TECH Regular

I have a dream that one day the import and domestic communitys will no longer be segregated
Old 05-18-2006 | 06:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MR2liter
I have a dream that one day the import and domestic communitys will no longer be segregated
"communities"