Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Man I haven't had a decent run in awhile!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 08:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Man I haven't had a decent run in awhile!!

Well I wouldn't call it a race per say but it was the most respectable car "raced" in a while. It was against a late 80's early 90's Mustang 5.0.

I was coming on to IH 35 off the frontage when I see mustang headlights coming up real fast behind me and then hangs about 5 carlengths back for a second. Then I see him accelarating really fast in my rearview so I drop into 4th like a dumbass (instead of 3rd @ 55mph) thinking that will be enough to stop his pull but I realized I was not at my peak so I dropped into third about 2 or 3 seconds later. He flies by me and gets maybe 2 car lengths before I stop his pull and pass him as I shift into 4th. I put about maybe 2 or three cars on him before I shut down at 115.

He rides my *** for about 2 miles because we hit traffic and then pulls all the way over on to an exit ramp and does a flyby with traffic in the other three lanes!! He didn't look over at all and I lost sight of him becuase of an 18 wheeler. BTW he flew by he didn't seem too sporting. I don't think he had anything done too it except for exhuast because of the way I raped him but it was fun none the less. It was a pretty tight looking red foxbody though, and it's given me the supercharger itch again (so I can take out bigger prey ). I gotta get into lawschool first though.

Anyways thought I'd share since I can't get anyone to give me a straight race to save my life ( except for honda's with fartcans for whom I will not waste my gas) and this is the most decent run I've gotten in about 9 months.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pretty cool. sounds like you really pulled on him hard. great kill! most of the fox bodys around here are suped up like a ****. i'm sure you run into a few of those too down in austin lol.