Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

cammed ls1 vs 4g63

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c5_ls1_6spd
what does 4g63 and 20g dsm's trap?
Depends on alot of things, like tune, weight, drivetrain configuration etc. 115-130mph is the best guessstimate I can give you. It's pretty potent for being an "old school" Mitsu. bolt on turbo that spools decently fast.

I believe John Shepherd holds the fastest 20G trap at a little over 130mph IIRC - no nitrous. That was eons ago - when he trapped that low.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Haus I assume you have like a fp 28 or something?
A 20 g is a very capable turbo and has pushed the dsms to 10s past and is still doing it although many consider them sort of old tech now.
You can't easily say what a turbo car will trap at as big variable in support mods,af ratio and timing ,etc
As said they can be all over the map sometimes and a lot depends on owner and his brains or lack of them.
Example at local track ran a honda with turbo kit and spray. Supposedly wicked fast but new owner some young kid.
I was in my 96z28 vert running around 14.3 then.Our track is at 1700 feet. Vert was near stock.Anyway I ran a 14.3 and the kid with the nitroused turbo honda ran a 16.5 with like a 2.85 60ft .He was on street tires.He didn't get out of the 16s all day.
I had nittos on my vert.

Just thought it was kinda funny wasting that turbo nitroused honda by like twenty car lengths! LOL
He woudn't run me when he came around to the staging lanes and got beside me the second time!
LOL, I just realised that all I said was FP. yes I have a Big T28.
I agree on the track thing. My first run was not pretty due to terrible wheel spin/hop, but the trap was cool, LOL.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HAUS1
24 psi seems a lil much for a EIII 16G. I would assume a 20g or 50 trim+

I have my Forced Performance at 18 psi and made about 300/300 to the wheels.
So if he is at 24 with a bigger turbo, I could imagine it PULLS good!

Yeah right are you kidding me, it still makes power at 26PSI do a little more research. EVO3 is a awsome street turbo 26psi its fine man Im waiting on my motor right now.

Weiscos with 9:1 compression,eagle rods and basic built block, im also going to switch to DSMLINK. Ive never been at the track and most of the time race for small money etc. But im looking to do 11.99 on the EVO3..........

Quick Reply: cammed ls1 vs 4g63