Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Destroyed a modded Suby

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 05:06 PM
ckd
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Destroyed a modded Suby

So I'm doing 80 on I-83 on the way to work today (2-lane straight shot) and my buddy in his black debadged Subaru WRX (not STI, but faster) is flying to catch up to me. I keep toying with him and his friend is my passenger (they have a passenger too) so my passenger keeps yelling for him to race. He holds up a nitrous bottle and I'm telling him to just run for fun so finally he does. I give him a car lead and drop it into 3rd going about 67 then floor it. I easily pull on him and around 100 I drop it into 4th and step on the brakes so he can catch up (I'm 5-6 cars ahead). He gets 1 car behind and he's still trying to go so I step on it in 4th (still at 100) and blow him away again. We got off at the base and pulled over to my passengers house and BSed a bit. He said he had a turbo upgrade, fuel pump and injectors, ecu tuning, filter, exhaust, intercooler and the N20 bottle was for a fogger system for the intercooler soon to be installed. It was a lot of fun. To all those people that say don't street race, you just need to be careful and make sure the road ahead is clear. I believe I only hit 120 at the most before I shut it down. Thanks for reading my book.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

One thing about street racing at high speeds though is make sure your tires can handle it.

Dan
Old 05-22-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nothing is guaranteed, man. Even if you think you're careful, there is always an "X" factor you can't control (animals running across the road, or other drivers for example). I'm not denouncing street racing (I do it every now and then), but don't be silly enough to think you aren't taking a serious risk.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:50 PM
ckd
Teching In

Definately not. I know there's always that x variable and that's why I try to narrow it down as much as possible. I don't race at night, only during the day with open stretches for miles on both sides and I'm very careful. I also try not to race when other people are on the road. I realize I said what I said but it sounded different than what I meant. I meant I've read about 3-4 stories so far saying ahh, I hit a tree, or my friends car just flipped or something. All I meant was don't let those stories scare you, people die in auto ccidents every day. I saw one today where a beastly pickup t-boned a new impala (not ss). Nobody died but that's one more accident than I've been in and I've been racing for awhile. I was just warning people to be careful for safety and common senses sake. I don't want to read any more horrific stories. Just keep it safe people.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:57 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice subie kill. He would give you more of a run from a dig, but it's nice to know the Z's mph trap capability can hold off a decently modded vehicle, isn't it? Congrats.