Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SSR vs WS6

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006 | 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

Default SSR vs WS6

Well it starts out like this, This 59 years old guy just bought a SSR. He comes up to my job everyday to drop off his family and friends cars for us to work on, and he always comes in his SSR to showoff or something? He asked whos TA that was and I told him mine, Then he just starting talking all kinds of **** how his SSR would stroll me. Then he tells me that he out ran a Altima I was like SO it's a long way from a Altima to a TA, then some other trash talking from him. So he will be back up here Friday, and my boss even wants me to smoke his ***. When Friday comes we will see if I can hold up a little better than a Altima !! Nothing against Altima's but he gets on my nerves!!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2006 | 10:26 PM
Tech Resident

let me be the first to say that altimas are absolutely hideous. who designed this car? its rear end is as fat as star jones's *** and twice as ugly, the nastiest, dirtiest looking exhaust tips i've seen on any 'stylish' car, AND it's slow. i just never found a nissan good looking. funny thing is, i despise the 350Z but i would totally rock a G35. hmm..

i know, i know
Old 05-24-2006 | 10:31 PM
Launching!

what are your mods?
his excuse when you win is going to be hilarious. go ahead and get a tape recorder ready.
Old 05-24-2006 | 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stangereater
Well it starts out like this, This 59 years old guy just bought a SSR. He comes up to my job everyday to drop off his family and friends cars for us to work on, and he always comes in his SSR to showoff or something? He asked whos TA that was and I told him mine, Then he just starting talking all kinds of **** how his SSR would stroll me. Then he tells me that he out ran a Altima I was like SO it's a long way from a Altima to a TA, then some other trash talking from him. So he will be back up here Friday, and my boss even wants me to smoke his ***. When Friday comes we will see if I can hold up a little better than a Altima !! Nothing against Altima's but he gets on my nerves!!!!!!!!
That guy must be a real mental monster to be talking that kind of 13 year old **** like that at 59 years of age. there are always two sides to every story but he sound's like a punk kid.
Old 05-24-2006 | 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

2000 WS6 M6
Ram clutch, SLP 90mm Throttle body, FAST intake, SLP airbox, pro built T56, subframe connectors, Loudmouth Exhaust no cats and 4.10 gears, I think that shold be enought to take a LS2 SSR don't you or do I need to embrass him buy on my Drag Radials don't get me wrong, I'm not cocky just pissed. I just hope that I don't miss a gear of something. MY SHITY LUCK WHO KNOWS!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2006 | 11:23 PM
Banned

Age is mandatory, wisdom optional.
Old 05-25-2006 | 01:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

dont diss the altima's to much. they look better than any of the domestic sedans. besides the Grand prix GXP in my opinion
Old 05-25-2006 | 02:17 AM
Banned

The Lincoln LS looks WORLDS better than any altima.
Old 05-25-2006 | 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Any Idea what he has done to the SSR? Where do you live?
Old 05-25-2006 | 07:05 AM
TECH Resident

I think the new ssr comes with a 390hp option. It's the 6.0 now correct? At least it's an option.

edit: It's up to 395hp auto and 400 hp with a manual. But it's 4700 pounds.

And production ended for the ssr in march of this year. Wow, didn't expect that. http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=3160

oh, and the ssr manual runs high 13s. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...fications.html

Last edited by wickedwarlock; 05-25-2006 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-25-2006 | 10:17 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
dont diss the altima's to much. they look better than any of the domestic sedans. besides the Grand prix GXP in my opinion
um..cadillac CTS-V. can you say, "i just whooped your *** with a 4 door caddy?"

i've taken ***** that look better than an altima.
Old 05-25-2006 | 10:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
um..cadillac CTS-V. can you say, "i just whooped your *** with a 4 door caddy?"

i've taken ***** that look better than an altima.
You got to love the srt-8 dodge charger, or the srt-8 chrysler 300c. Hell, I even like the srt-8 dodge magnum.
Old 05-25-2006 | 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the dodge lineup is horribe the charger and magnums are ugly as hell. and the caddi cts-v..... pfft dont even try and make it to be what its not. its a performance car. not a family sedan.
Old 05-25-2006 | 11:00 AM
TECH Resident

the dodge lineup is horribe the charger and magnums are ugly as hell. and the caddi cts-v..... pfft dont even try and make it to be what its not. its a performance car. not a family sedan.
ROFL, calling it ugly is only in the eye of the beholder. Right now, they are selling more of their 4 doors than anything else on the market as far as the same class. Price/Performance is in their favor. How can you not like the srt-8. I mean wow, 425hp is impressive and still get 20+mpg.
Old 05-25-2006 | 11:03 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
You got to love the srt-8 dodge charger, or the srt-8 chrysler 300c. Hell, I even like the srt-8 dodge magnum.
i don't like the charger. it only looks decent in orange - or black, but everything looks good in black. as for the crysler 300, i agree that's a nice car all around. i like the feature it works on 4 cylinders when you cruise. we just have to see how they hold up in long run since dodge tends to have durability issues.

and the caddi cts-v..... pfft dont even try and make it to be what its not. its a performance car. not a family sedan.
you on drugs my man? it is too a sedan. it's 4 door, it's luxury, it's made to cart people around. it just happens to have 400hp. if the crysler 300 is a sedan so is this. and what makes anything a "family sedan"? if it's a sedan, which a CTS-V is without argument, and you stick your family in it, it's now a "family sedan". it just happens to move.

school buses have a lot of power too. they have so much, they can cart around 60 people without affecting the acceleration. does that make them performance, because i could outrun one with a quad.

how is the CTS-V any different than what an altima markets to be? nissan commercials always include its 250hp or whatever it has. in fact, it's usually one of the first things they mention. "test drive the 250hp nissan altima...today!" to me, a V6 with 250hp is a performance engine.
Old 05-25-2006 | 12:20 PM
Launching!

I don't like the Charger's or 300c's looks but for some reason the Magnum appeals to me. I wouldn't buy one but I like its looks.
Old 05-25-2006 | 03:12 PM
On The Tree

let us know how bad you kill him. and Stanger88 are you anyway offended by the OP name? haha

josh
Old 05-25-2006 | 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hmm reminds me of people doubting my previous cars and current .. had a oldsmobile intrigue3.8l stock except k&n air filter .. and most the ricers had a look on there face like they just saw a ghost when i whooped there civic's with nitrios and bolt on's or the porsche i raced in my ss camaro .. he looked suprised when his 03 911 turbo got owned from a 60-140mph accel.. i dont think the ssr has a chance in hell unless its boosted or has alot of mods.. i seen a "hemi" dodge ram truck boosted (supercharged) that almost kept up with my slightly modded ss, he did a burnout nexto me and my friend for like 50 feet so we knew it wasnt stock then i heard the boost when i missed 2 gear, caught back up to him fast , but damn, a hemi ram almost keep up ? sick for a truck. just to show though most people dont know what anything has till they race, my uncle was saying he was going to whoop my *** in his stock 4.8 silverado.. till i told him alittle information about what my car packs. most people underestimate these cars might be because most third gens were turds my 84z28 included till i modded it, now its got more hp(450) then my ss but still no traction.
Old 05-25-2006 | 04:38 PM
Banned

OP name...man, im having a slow day today. What are you talking about *braces for laughter*
Old 05-25-2006 | 09:24 PM
Staging Lane

Dude I was not dissing Altima's I am just saying that it's a long way from one to a TA.