Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

450rwhp 350z vs bolt on Z06

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 01:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DVan8504
Go take a look at some 350z forums and ask the guys that take their cars to the track. I can't even believe you implied they don't handle well. I'm not arguing with you over this because we have completely different viewpoints, and it's not going to change anything. And yes, an s2000 is a better handler than a 350z stock for stock. Never said anything about s2000s.

Man...I owned a g35 coupe for 2 years, trust me I know. The Z and G and decent, but weight is their enemy, to lighten them up is a lot of work. It is not a wise investment as a race/track car. Been there, done that, learned and moved on.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got done reading through all of this thrad and cant help just laughing. I have checked out the 350z site some and the TT ones can put down some good numbers are perform well.

I however do not see them running a properly set-up H/C ZO6. The only way i could see this happening is if the ZO6 is running some cheap *** heads and a tiny(maybe smog legal)cam. With some good heads and a good size cam, intake as well the 02+ ZO6's are easily capable of putting down 470rwhp+. That with the weight advantage will kill any TT350z running 10psi or lower.

The reason we domestic guys put drag radials on our stock cars is because we have this crazy stuff called torque. It really helps to run stickier tires. Most of us also know that power is useless unless it gets to the ground.

Lastly, comparing an N/A near stock car to any aftermarket FI car is just retarded. Ofcourse an aftermarket FI car is going to make great power, that is the point of going FI. 9-10psi on a TT 350z may make 430or so rwhp, but 9-10 psi on a TT ZO6 will make upwards of 550+rwhp.

The 350z is a pretty good car for what it is. It does not excel in any area. Whereas the ZO6 was built for the specific point of a road course, and has the added benefit of being capable of 11 second 1/4 runs, bone stock(with a bad *** driver). Average drivers will see around a 12.4-12.6. And as i find out from talking to the 350z guys, FI is pretty much your only option for making more power. From what ive been told, the 350z stock is pretty close to tapped out N/A. The ZO6 however is far from it and can make lots and lots of power for much cheaper than the 350z can.

Oh and i am vote number 14 to just ban 25psi for his lack of discretion and immaturity.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:44 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
No they are not. Have you ever road raced? The Z is a pig. It does not hold it s own well on SCCA road corses. I could run circles around modded Z's in my basically stock (suspension and cage only) s2000.
You mean you can actually fit in a S2000? I thought those things
were made for 16yo girls and flamers.

Anyway...this is another useless thread that has gone on too long.

Quick Reply: 450rwhp 350z vs bolt on Z06