Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 08:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see this.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Teching In

The Mustang has ProCharger P1SC intercooled 12lbs, 331 stroker kit (stock block) forged rods/pistons with 8.5:1 compression. TFS TW heads ported, TFS Stage I cam , FRPP 1.6rr's,Holley Systemax intake unported, 70mm TB, 75mm MAF, 42lbers, 255lph pump + T-rex inline,and PMS. The exhaust is not the best for the motor, 1 5/8 shorty en-equal lengths with x-pipe and Flows...but more clearance for the car being pretty low to the ground.

8.5:1 compression vs. 10:1 compression in an LS1.....so it will take more boost with the lower compression to get same power...so you can't compare 4lbs to 12lbs anyway...apples to oranges...

mildly ported TFS heads....vs. stock LS1 heads....hmm..not sure..I know the LS1 heads flow alot stock..

The cam is not that large..the TFS Stage I is a mild cam, .499/.510 lift with 221/225 duration....larger than a stock LS1 cam .500/.500 not sure on the duration...less than that..

331 vs. a 346....still behind in that area too

Definitely still a potent package obviously. I tuned it myself last year via the wideband when it was running 8lbs of boost but the wideband starting to crap out this year for some reason so the car has been stuck being rich since I turned up the fuel on the global settings to make sure it did not lean out too much. I am by no means a "tuner" but know enough to at least make it run decent. It needs to be tuned by a shop on the dyno when he has the $$. I think he should have left the 8lb pulley on the car myself.

I am not knocking either car.....but I am confident that with a good tune on the Mustang at 12lbs it is going to be at least 500rwhp...most guys get more than that....

The SS is fast...I have been in it and it will be much faster tuned with more boost..intercooled..etc..it will be a good race...
Old 06-01-2006, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dsblk93gt
The Mustang has ProCharger P1SC intercooled 12lbs, 331 stroker kit (stock block) forged rods/pistons with 8.5:1 compression. TFS TW heads ported, TFS Stage I cam , FRPP 1.6rr's,Holley Systemax intake unported, 70mm TB, 75mm MAF, 42lbers, 255lph pump + T-rex inline,and PMS. The exhaust is not the best for the motor, 1 5/8 shorty en-equal lengths with x-pipe and Flows...but more clearance for the car being pretty low to the ground.

8.5:1 compression vs. 10:1 compression in an LS1.....so it will take more boost with the lower compression to get same power...so you can't compare 4lbs to 12lbs anyway...apples to oranges...

mildly ported TFS heads....vs. stock LS1 heads....hmm..not sure..I know the LS1 heads flow alot stock..

The cam is not that large..the TFS Stage I is a mild cam, .499/.510 lift with 221/225 duration....larger than a stock LS1 cam .500/.500 not sure on the duration...less than that..

331 vs. a 346....still behind in that area too

Definitely still a potent package obviously. I tuned it myself last year via the wideband when it was running 8lbs of boost but the wideband starting to crap out this year for some reason so the car has been stuck being rich since I turned up the fuel on the global settings to make sure it did not lean out too much. I am by no means a "tuner" but know enough to at least make it run decent. It needs to be tuned by a shop on the dyno when he has the $$. I think he should have left the 8lb pulley on the car myself.

I am not knocking either car.....but I am confident that with a good tune on the Mustang at 12lbs it is going to be at least 500rwhp...most guys get more than that....

The SS is fast...I have been in it and it will be much faster tuned with more boost..intercooled..etc..it will be a good race...
As you said atleast 500rwhp, my buddy had near the same set up on a 302 and make 465rwhp with 12psi and the AF was so rich it dropped off the chart when boostin. With a tune he coulda been near 500rwhp thats how bad the AF was. The Mustang will have a good weight advantage too.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:44 PM
10 Second Club

why don't you guys just go to the track and see what the cars run, once and for all? timeslips don't lie, either does timing equipment and the lights at the end of the track telling who actually crossed the line first.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
why don't you guys just go to the track and see what the cars run, once and for all? timeslips don't lie, either does timing equipment and the lights at the end of the track telling who actually crossed the line first.
but than your racing the light.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
Last year, 8lbs of boost on JUNK tires ( 5-6 year old BFG ZR's) spinning 1st..2nd and part of 3rd I ran 12.68@119 with the Mustang. This year it has 275/40 555R's on 17x9" rims so it would be alot faster....and I am going to run it at the track as soon as weather permits.

He has not ran the SS in along time..best time was 13.0@115 I believe...last time to the track..same mods as now..

Now both cars have 555R's where last year only the SS did....
Old 06-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Teching In

This time..the owner wil run it himself too...and then I will...so nobody can complain about that...
Old 06-01-2006, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dsblk93gt
Last year, 8lbs of boost on JUNK tires ( 5-6 year old BFG ZR's) spinning 1st..2nd and part of 3rd I ran 12.68@119 with the Mustang. This year it has 275/40 555R's on 17x9" rims so it would be alot faster....and I am going to run it at the track as soon as weather permits.

He has not ran the SS in along time..best time was 13.0@115 I believe...last time to the track..same mods as now..

Now both cars have 555R's where last year only the SS did....
But the track is junk on tuesday,friday,(no prep)the only days we go up there. And it was 13.0@116 spinning bad and not lauching it. just for the record...
Old 06-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blue-ss-camaro
But the track is junk on tuesday,friday,(no prep)the only days we go up there. And it was 13.0@116 spinning bad and not lauching it. just for the record...
I ran it on a bad night too..Jason has it on video...I was feathering it through 1st and 2nd to try and stay straight and then still breaking loose in 3rd gear...which you can hear on the video too. I was spun out alot more than you did...he has your run on video too..since I had not seen it that night. Go run it on a Saturday..we all told you it sucks on a Tues. or Fri. compared to a weekend...