Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

hurst/olds kill

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 10:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hurst/olds kill

dont know much about the car other than that it had a pretty decently built motor setup for spray but did not have the spray in it yet.... think its a 454 correct me if im wrong and it was cam'ed i know that much from talking to the owner (he is a machinist that builds and blueprints every motor in his cars so it was done right), car was actually quite a bit quicker than i thought it was gonna be from when i first saw it anyway, we were lined up at about a 15mph roll and he just guns it with no warning, i knew he would eventually but he got a good half second to a second jump on me. I jamed down on the gas and slowly start reeling him in grab second pull him in some more grab 3rd start inching by him top of 3rd get out in front of him about half a car start to grab fourth and decided against it, already going 100mph or so and didnt feel like pushing my luck with as many cops i had already seen that night.... was a good race i wasnt expecting it to be as close as it was (i didnt know it had a cam'ed, built and blueprinted 454 in it till afterwards)...
Before all the doubters start posting up on how it couldnt happen i dont know how extreme/unextreme the build was prolly fairly mild i was just happy i beat a cam'ed motor that had has almost 100 extra C.I.
EDIT: thanks for the correction its a 455

Last edited by NotAv6; 05-31-2006 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:09 AM
Teching In

Nice Kill, yeah they came with olds 455. He must have had a decent cam and heads to get that tank moving that fast, very nice car though.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:41 AM
TECH Resident

Sweet, nice win on that big block.