Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 TA vs. Turdboed Delsol

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 03:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 99 TA vs. Turdboed Delsol

I was out an about in the TA last night had the bottle ready to go t-tops out cruising with the woman all day an all night. Earlier in the day i got my *** handed to me by a bike to be expected i knew i was gonna lose and so did he. Well later we met up with some ppl. and there's a kid i know with a turboed delsol i guess it runs mid 12's. Well everyone instantly comes up to me an is like "ohhhhhhh you gotta run that delsol". I wasn't really wanting to with all the cops around this weekend, and i wasn't even going to run at all.

But as we are all pulling outta the parking lot to head to the other town. And all the bikes wait on the delsol to go first then of course me. I guess no matter what this was going to happen . The delsol instantly got over in the lane beside me and gets next to me as we're entering the highway. I armed the spray and purged it a few times just for go measure lol plus it looks sweet smoke pouring outta the side gills at 50mph. I hit it first and instantly walked away i ran it up to about 80mph and let off traffic up ahead. I slowed down to pass the traffic and this ******* delsol is riding my *** i couldn't even see his headlights he was so close. We get a short clearing and i hit it again he follow's. Again i pulled away by 2-3 carlengths from 55-75mph and let off.

We go around a long curve to merge onto another highway and the same thing again him stuck on my *** i gunned it again pulled hard from about the same speeds 2 carlengths an let off and took the exit. He gets up next to me like he wants to run down the main street in newark **** that, that's just asking for a ticket, loss of car, and whatever else you want this weekend. So we parked and everyone knew who won. I figured he would get out an talk but no he stayed in his car, my g/f left in the TA for a min. and then he got out an was talking to everyone cause he thought i left whatever.

Then get this, he wants to run me from a dumbass roll at 100mph. He said that's when his car starts to really pickup speed, and he was just picking up speed and gaining on me but i was letting off at 75-80mph . WTF i was letting off cause i was 3 carlengths infront of you and you was gaining cause i let off the pedal sorry gas an nitrous are expensive i don't see pulling 10 carlengths on someone to 180mph just to prove i can beat you when it's pretty obvious already. If he'd go from a dig he'd loose horribly and he know's that i think lol. Going from a 50mph roll or any roll is bad enough but from 100mph what are you going to prove???
Old 05-29-2006, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

my friend in a delsol wit exhaust and a chip wanted to race me the other nite...also said that his car has nasty top end (he has no turbo though) and that it would destroy me on anything after 80...will they ever learn?
Old 05-29-2006, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

89stang- good kill and nice story if your ever in the cincinnati area shot me a pm there is one down here that is TT before he got that setup he was running 13.3s he hasnt ran it yet tho w/ the new set up oh ya and its a chevy too lol
Old 05-30-2006, 05:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TransAmNerd
my friend in a delsol wit exhaust and a chip wanted to race me the other nite...also said that his car has nasty top end (he has no turbo though) and that it would destroy me on anything after 80...will they ever learn?
Hahaha must be a delsol thing then.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 89tang
Hahaha must be a delsol thing then.
no joke, having owned several imports, including the king (of its day) integra type R, I can tell you the little B16 1.6 liter is going to need an insane amount of boost and DR's to handle an LS1 on the bottle.

There is always an excuse .... my cars all top end, I lost traction, I have poor hand to eye corridination, my mom says not to power shift her car, blah blah. Don't tell me what you're GOING to do, tell me what you DID.

Nice kill.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:16 PM
Teching In

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
no joke, having owned several imports, including the king (of its day) integra type R, I can tell you the little B16 1.6 liter is going to need an insane amount of boost and DR's to handle an LS1 on the bottle.

There is always an excuse .... my cars all top end, I lost traction, I have poor hand to eye corridination, my mom says not to power shift her car, blah blah. Don't tell me what you're GOING to do, tell me what you DID.

Nice kill.

OMFG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA priceless

good kill man
Old 05-30-2006, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great story and kill!
Sounds like a quick sol still.

I'll never understand why people keep those 1.6 blocks, I knew my b16 was slow at 17 lol.

Do you know his setup? I'm sure a stock LS1 would not like to line up to him.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Junkie

100 mph rolls?

Is that so he can gain traction at the front wheels?
Old 05-30-2006, 10:13 PM
Launching!

From what i've heard his mods are

Acura GSR 1.8 w/ cam gears and fuel system
Super T70
Gigantic intercooler

He was on 9psi of boost, so it is a pretty quick little car just not quick enough..........Next time we run it'll be for money and it'll be on tape, most likely it'll be in the stang.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hope to see that video.

And nice kill. That dude sounds like an a$$, and probably is one too with the excuse he has.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 89tang
From what i've heard his mods are

Acura GSR 1.8 w/ cam gears and fuel system
Super T70
Gigantic intercooler

He was on 9psi of boost, so it is a pretty quick little car just not quick enough..........Next time we run it'll be for money and it'll be on tape, most likely it'll be in the stang.
So no more b16?
Wow that T70 on 9 psi is a not happy turbo.

Plus even I can tune a stock gsr to hold 10psi on a nice sized t3/t4 thats 30 whp give or take other mods.

He sounds like he poorly setup his car too Hondas fuel system will do ok at low psi fuel and spark honda went way over kill.

Good luck your next run and I'd love to see it on tape.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Junkie

That T-70 must be ******* sleeping.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bboyferal
That T-70 must be ******* sleeping.
That's what i was thinking. But hey obviously someone doesn't know how to setup a motor, he has a mustang too and he's went through i dunno how many motors in that thing.

And it's hard to even say what the mods are on this car, it might not even be a T-70.