Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

How does everyone encounter so many races?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 01:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How does everyone encounter so many races?

I think you guys go looking for them and you like it. Admit it!! Just kidding. I really am shocked that you guys do find many races though. I mean whenever i take my camaro out, i never see any sports cars or suped up cars of any type on a normal bases. But i usually only drive in a typical radius from my house. Plus i don't drive my camaro too oftenly at all. Not to say that i have never been in any races, but the few times i do encounter sporty cars on the road, whether they be imports, stangs, or lightnings, no one every revs their engine at me or looks at me to race. I mean even when i am stopped side by side at a traffic light with one. The last race i had was about 2 years ago on the street and it was against an STI and i won quickly, and thats was it. I guess its all location also. But i mean Central NJ is one of the most populated areas in America with many cars every hour of the day. But maybe its gotten to congested for people to even race anymore. But i do have to admit, you guys from FL definitely have your hands full. When i go on vacation to FL, SC, or Maryland, I always see tons of suped up cars on the streets. I'd have to say all in all though that where i live, the imports usually stick to their places of meets like the domestics do. I don't witness too many races in general. This is kind of a meaningless post, i am just saying i am shocked so many people post on ls1tech,camaroz28.com, and fbody.com post about races.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:50 AM
On The Tree

Maybe your fishing in the wrong area, try letting the dog out much later. In Detroit you go out between 2-5 am Fri, Sat, and Sun, hit the right streets and its on! I dont race myself, I just watch to see who is king. (Prepping)
Old 06-04-2006, 02:08 AM
On The Tree

Or maybe the fish don't like the bait i am putting out on the street. lol. Yea, i can see Detroit being a popular street race City. I actually go on the streets around my area at those hours and most people are just driving from point a to b. Very seldom will i see a race on rt 22 that i live by at those hours of the night. I'm with you on prepping though. I am waiting to strike at the right moment. What about the rest of you guys? How do you find the races?
Old 06-04-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hey man I'm in central jersey too! You should come out on sat nights to hamilton/trentona area, lotta car meets late at night, but usually just rude dipshit people, but it's fun runnin them! pm me or post! Where in central jersey are you?
Old 06-04-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by redbanditz28
How do you find the races?
I pull up next to someone and flip them off usually it pisses them off enough to race..
Old 06-04-2006, 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

location and timing is everything...im in SC about 35 min from myrtle beach and i encounter alot of fast cars....the interstates around here are booming with fast cars!!
Old 06-04-2006, 01:44 PM
10 Second Club

im gonna admit- i have driven far and wide to get races. you gotta find out where people hang and if the cars are worth it. there is tons of racing going on in the tri-state area but it is mostly underground.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

its just the people that u know..........if u lived here in the cay area,CA i would be more than happy 2 set up a few runs for you.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if anyone wants some serious streetracing action move to chicago...thats where the big boys play!!!
Old 06-04-2006, 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

The best way, if you are not part of the local underground street racers is to sit. Dont drive. Just wait and go after the car that catches your eye.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
The best way, if you are not part of the local underground street racers is to sit. Dont drive. Just wait and go after the car that catches your eye.
done that sometimes also. if you are bored just go for a drive and keep your eyes/ears open. if you have to bust a u-turn or flag people down and ask them if they want to run. if they are game go somewhere safe. it works more times than you think it does.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Banned

Dallas used to be insane. Used to be. They cracked down hardcore about 5 years ago. Houston is just insane, the land of the fast LS1's.

I catch them just driving around. I don't go looking, but at the same time I don't back down, .
Old 06-04-2006, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

there's tons of sport cars here in northern jersey
i see porsches, ferraris (hell, their dealership is about 2 mins away from me), lamborghinis, various assorted bumble bee exhausted crap..

nobody wants to race
Old 06-04-2006, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

When I'm driving around in my girl's Grand Cherokee, I don't have a problem spotting ricers. However, when we both go out for the night in the Z, it's as if they all shuffled into their mouse holes. The only race I had in the town nearby was from a Supra who squatted me out, and then tailed me. He even had the nerve to wait until I came out of Wally World! I made it worth his while - owned his *** like nobody's business.

The lady thinks that the lack of rice when I bring out the Z is God's way of keeping me out of trouble. Just one problem; I'm looking for it.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

I always seem to get into races way out of my league, on both ends of the spectrum.
I've encountered a h/c z28, 04 cobra with 505 rwhp, and a cam/stalled ws6.

I've also encountered thunderbirds, v6 stangs, and 305 tbi third gens.

I've only really had 1 decent race and that was against my friends 94 camaro auto/2.73, I beat him, but not by much, I am a terrible driver, hopefully get some good ones soon.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

I'll take you up on that some time Red97Z. I am in the somerset County Area near Rutgers university. I guess Central North more so than central south.

ThisLswon, I bet you do see a lot of fast cars there. Did you encounter any of that biker week mayhem where you live? or was that only strictly in Myrtle Beach?

Firechicken2x. When it comes to north jersey, i can see there being more expensive exotics and so far. They might as well call N. NJ New York. North NJ is so different than the rest of jersey. Plus, i think Northern nj is a little more richer than central and South, but yet Somerset county is the most expensive county to live in in all of NJ for different reasons of course.

some interesting posts. All in all, i really don't go looking for the races, but none ever come to me either. I also feel its really necessary to be cautious. I'd hate myself if ikilled myself by street racing, but i would dispise myself if i took some one else done with me. Once in a blue moon thought i will see a ferrari or viper roaming around.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it seems like every 5th car here (fort lee) is a porsche of some sort ...

but as i said - none of it matters, none of them ever race them! there's a yellow lambo here that i see every day, driven by some guy in his 30s (i think) .. i tried about 45235234 times to get him to race (i know i'd lose) - he doesnt go for it.. noone else does either

Originally Posted by redbanditz28

Firechicken2x. When it comes to north jersey, i can see there being more expensive exotics and so far. They might as well call N. NJ New York. North NJ is so different than the rest of jersey. Plus, i think Northern nj is a little more richer than central and South, but yet Somerset county is the most expensive county to live in in all of NJ for different reasons of course.

some interesting posts. All in all, i really don't go looking for the races, but none ever come to me either. I also feel its really necessary to be cautious. I'd hate myself if ikilled myself by street racing, but i would dispise myself if i took some one else done with me. Once in a blue moon thought i will see a ferrari or viper roaming around.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:39 PM
10 Second Club

we should all just meet up and run em/ bullshit sometime. my car is down for a month or so (trans) but im out in n.e. philly every sunday night, there is usually a few races going on. a good night out i'll get 2-3 runs in, sometimes none sometimes 5 or more!.

i'd like to run the stalled firechicken on motor sometime... how far are you guys from n.e. philadelphia (95 and woodhaven road)?
Old 06-05-2006, 12:12 AM
TECH Addict

Nothing good around these parts.(unless you drive to the next town then you have to have the timing right and not any cops around) Some older guys have some nice muscle cars but they never get them out and the ones they do are too fast for me. I finally got my first real race on the street this year the other day with a c5. Damn ls1 and all of it's topend power
Old 06-05-2006, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

There are a few hot spots around here. Usually Fri nights and Sat nights after 11PM you can find races. When I had my Mustang, people were trying to race me all the time and now that I have the Z28 I have only had 1 person mess with me which was a SRT-4. Unfortunately, I didn't get to run him cause there was too much traffic around and I'm not cool with putting other people at risk. Maybe when I get my exhaust put on I'll draw more attention