Old 06-09-2006, 10:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beat me.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LSINA7
If this is the same race, it says on supraforums he makes over 600 whp and it is procharged.

K... just trying to do the math in my head. I mean, power for power..weight for weight..."I" am suprised the vette got pulled soo bad. Unless ofcourse...the supra was brake boosting...and the vette went from a not so great gear. Personally, I don't give a damm which car won,....I just don't think that if both cars were makeing the same round about HP numbers that the vette would get walked soo bad.

Doesn't make sense. And again...the races where not long enough. It looked like a gear and a half, and the supra would go to the brakes.

Something ain't right here. driver error...wrong HP numbers given...whatever it is...something isn't kosher.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
K... just trying to do the math in my head. I mean, power for power..weight for weight..."I" am suprised the vette got pulled soo bad. Unless ofcourse...the supra was brake boosting...and the vette went from a not so great gear. Personally, I don't give a damm which car won,....I just don't think that if both cars were makeing the same round about HP numbers that the vette would get walked soo bad.

Doesn't make sense. And again...the races where not long enough. It looked like a gear and a half, and the supra would go to the brakes.

Something ain't right here. driver error...wrong HP numbers given...whatever it is...something isn't kosher.

See he confused me too. Which Supra are you talking about? The black one makes more power than he does, the red one makes just a little bit more.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Launching!

The camera car is an 800+rwhp car. The red car is making 620rwhp with different gearing as well. Hope that clears things up
Old 06-09-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its hard to pull a supra with the gearing that it is given. There aren't to many cars on the road given the same rwhp that can actually pull one. I've seen 900rwhp vipers get pulled by 850rwhp supras.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Launching!

No a Z06 with similar power should get away from the supra usually. They are lighter and more area under the curve. We played this one to the supras strengths, because I didnt mind, and thought I would still have him covered.

He was running either an auto or an NA rear end. Which one is more aggressive? A TT comes with 3.15s or thereabouts, he had 3.70s.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LSINA7
See he confused me too. Which Supra are you talking about? The black one makes more power than he does, the red one makes just a little bit more.

The one supra, the camera car, is fast as **** when compaired to the other cars raceing eachother. Thats a given.

But the two cars....the 600 whatever supra vs the 600 whatever vette.

If they were both makeing the same power.... I belive the vette should be lighter then the supra.....and the supra pulled THAT hard on him like that, can only be cause of a few reasons...

1.supra was locked, cocked and ready to rock(brake boosting or simply in his sweet spot) and the vette was not in an equal rpm or not in proper gear(I know a centrifugal blower has to BUILD boost as well) or...

2. the supra was laying down more power then it said...

3. or the race simply wasn't long enough. I have no real clue. Things really don't equal out if everything thing is what it is said to be. I know anything can happen on the street, which is what we see here happening. It's all good. Atleast we see some footage of some fast cars in action....even though I'd really like to see a longer run through the gears.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
The one supra, the camera car, is fast as **** when compaired to the other cars raceing eachother. Thats a given.

But the two cars....the 600 whatever supra vs the 600 whatever vette.

If they were both makeing the same power.... I belive the vette should be lighter then the supra.....and the supra pulled THAT hard on him like that, can only be cause of a few reasons...

1.supra was locked, cocked and ready to rock(brake boosting or simply in his sweet spot) and the vette was not in an equal rpm or not in proper gear(I know a centrifugal blower has to BUILD boost as well) or...

2. the supra was laying down more power then it said...

3. or the race simply wasn't long enough. I have no real clue. Things really don't equal out if everything thing is what it is said to be. I know anything can happen on the street, which is what we see here happening. It's all good. Atleast we see some footage of some fast cars in action....even though I'd really like to see a longer run through the gears.
He didn't pull but like a car... But yeah, I agree the vette should pull ahead. Not by much though, the gearing is why those cars are highway monsters. And the huge hp numbers. But I know that car doesn't make any more power than they said, I have read multiple threads about their cars.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Launching!

Huh? You make it sound like it was bus lengths. He was about a car ahead from 60 to 140. The second race is misleading..........we were coming up on a car in his lane and I got off the throttle, he passed me and switched to my lane.

Man, I really gotta post the video from my camera. Too bad I dont have a goddamn clue how to do it. Anyone in socal use hi-8 or whatever it is?
Old 06-09-2006, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Weight is less of a factor from a 40mph punch.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Teching In

I know the owners of both Supras. The Red Supra has after-market gearing that enables it to launch really damn hard. According to the owner of the Black Supra, the gearing was the difference in the race with Pakisho. The video appears to support this theory . . . the Red Supra jumps to a quick lead, then Pakisho and the Supra run very close thereafter.

Rumor has it that a rematch is in the planning, and Pakisho will come packing a bit more heat. Should be interesting.

The Black Supra is very fast . . . over 800 to the wheels. I will be lining up with him in the not to distant future.

996TTx50
Old 06-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 996TTx50
I know the owners of both Supras. The Red Supra has after-market gearing that enables it to launch really damn hard. According to the owner of the Black Supra, the gearing was the difference in the race with Pakisho. The video appears to support this theory . . . the Red Supra jumps to a quick lead, then Pakisho and the Supra run very close thereafter.

Rumor has it that a rematch is in the planning, and Pakisho will come packing a bit more heat. Should be interesting.

The Black Supra is very fast . . . over 800 to the wheels. I will be lining up with him in the not to distant future.

996TTx50
That Porsche is ******* bad ***.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Launching!

That Porsche is slow as hell. Its a boxster with a bodykit.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by pakisho
That Porsche is slow as hell. Its a boxster with a bodykit.
But the body kit gives it 125 additional HP between 12,400-13,200 rpms.

996TTx50
Old 06-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dailydriver
The hottest part of the whole video is the pic of the sweet Asian chick! I would take her over even a 1K rwhp MKIV!!
I wouldn't. There's plenty of women but there's not plenty of 1K rwhp MKIV
Old 06-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 996TTx50
But the body kit gives it 125 additional HP between 12,400-13,200 rpms.

996TTx50

If you don't mind me asking, how much would a 996 TT set someone back? Whatever year...
Old 06-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Launching!

60-70k for a used one now.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Regular

Over all great vids. I wish there where some imports around here that where fast.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm diggin the queensryche intro
Old 06-09-2006, 10:25 PM
TECH Resident

you guys with this mega-Hp cars for street racing do realize that you are sick in the head & need help, right? lol. Makes for fun video's though.