Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

How fast is a new Viper coupe from a roll?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006 | 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im sorry , I dont buy magazine #'s. Kinda like car of the year its BS. Whomever pays the most, like anything wins. Ig Brand A pays 3 mil a year and Brand B pays 500,000 do you want to upset Brand A? So who cares. I think we know the Z06 is a little faster for now, but that won't last....
Old 07-05-2006 | 12:01 AM
Staging Lane

Default I'll give you some facts straight from History.

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
Spoken like a truly uninformed person with blinders on. Do some research, I did, I drove both, and did a lot of research for 2 months...they are nearly identical in straight ;ine performance. Numbers don't lie.
My history that is... Three weeks ago a buddy of mine also a member on this forum and I took his new h/c c6 to dallas. I was lucky enough to get to drive the car that night. On the way home to Ft Worth a brand new hard top viper picked on us. I kicked his butt 4 time in a row. We raced from 70 to speeds I'm not even sure of because we were going so dang fast I couldn't take my eyes off of the road. I can tell you I hit 5th gear and we didn't back off right as we hit 5th gear. Looking back on it I feel pretty stupid. But hey nothing bad happend and it was a whole lot of fun. That guy might not have been as good of a driver, but so what I guess he shouldn't have picked on someone just because he had a viper. So judging from my own experience I'd have to say that a c6 Zo6 would walk a new viper since I did it in a vette with 30 less rwhp and quite a bit less torque also. The vette I was driving puts down a respectable 421rwhp and 386 rwtq.

Last edited by 96vortechSS; 07-05-2006 at 12:06 AM.