Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

my ss vs cts-v

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you gotta admit, the CTS-V is the most awesome freakin luxury car ever. i WILL own one of these once i hit 30. i will...nay...i must!

a CTS-V will typically beat an SS stock considering equal drivers. i find that to be amazing. i mean, c'mon, it's a caddy! look at cadillac's lineup 6 years ago and look at it today. they're a whole new company.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinerbock07
CTS-V is an awesome car, i love it. But dont think its anymore capable than SS/WS6. Top speed of the V is 163 not 167(not that much a diff i know).
The SS/WS6 is WAY more sleek than the V. Come on the V is a 4 door sedan thats like saying the charger is more aerodynamic than the Fbody.

You dont understand fluid mechanics or aero dynmaics.

The CTS-V has a .30 CD, the F body has .36. I don't care if the V is a 6 door limo, its more sleek...numbers don't lie.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:56 AM
TECH Resident

Lol, how can the OP say both being stock would be a drivers races when the CTS-V has a better powerful motor?? And no, your mods won't put you at 400hp, you basically just have intake and catback...
Old 06-30-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
You dont understand fluid mechanics or aero dynmaics.

The CTS-V has a .30 CD, the F body has .36. I don't care if the V is a 6 door limo, its more sleek...numbers don't lie.
will make sure when u race your sunroof isnt open that will bring your wind drag coffecient down if my calculations are correct watson.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Yea, thats about as intelligent as saying make sure you take a dump first to lighten the load.

Guys, the V and the vert SS weigh the same.

The V has better gearing.

The V has more power.

The V is more aerodynamic.

From a dig the solid axel of the SS will be an advantage, other than that, driver for driver the V will pull it.....especially with the top down, and even more if the driver of the SS hasn't hit the head in a while.

I would love to have an SS vert, what a fun car. I am not bashing it at all. Heck, i looked at them hard before I picked up the viper. Just a little to common, but a sick car for sure.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:28 PM
TECH Veteran

David thats your name right???(Sig)

ok david do me a favor take a BIIIGGGG Deepp Breath and exhale....How do you feel....Better???

We all know your car a sick ****** machine, you dont have to get all worked up about an internet coversation defending your car, cause there is no need to. Your car is a better designed machine, no doubt. Its all about havin fun on here not flying off the handle.

My dump has been taken.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:07 PM
Teching In

I would love to have an SS vert, what a fun car. I am not bashing it at all. Heck, i looked at them hard before I picked up the viper. Just a little to common, but a sick car for sure.

did you read my post? Aint no thing. Peace.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZFan88
Lol, how can the OP say both being stock would be a drivers races when the CTS-V has a better powerful motor?? And no, your mods won't put you at 400hp, you basically just have intake and catback...
your a hp expert are you ? close to or at 400 flywheel hp is very realistic for my car. rear wheel is another story. i did win a race againsts a car with 400+flywheel with exhaust and who knows if that was the only mod. that from a roll race should be pretty even given the same hp numbers. and no i dont just basically have intake and catback, the ewp frees up alot of parasitic loss, as does the ud pulley also the aluminum flywheel makes my engine easier to rev, the maf was a noticible gain, the tb port was very noticible especailly in responsiveness of the engine and the predator programer also makes it more responsive and powerful. there is no other way i would of beaten the cts-v while having the top down without coming close to or exceeding its rwhp. i didnt say both being even drivers the ss would win stock for stock but the diferences between them both being stock one or the other could win say the driver of the ss was good and the cts-v wasnt id put bets on the ss. other way around or both drivers being equal stock id put it on the cts-v. if i was stock and didnt know how to shift i might even loose to a 350z wich stock is slower then a ss camaro. ive never raced a stock cts-v in a stock ss camaro.. i never even driven a stock ss camaro, mine came with a lid k&n air filter smooth bellow and slp lm exhaust. and others i test drove werent stock either... so my idea of a stock camaro may be very slightly faster then they actually are... i did beat one with exhaust with the mods i have so the way i see it is if i put my top up i probly could of won without as much done to my car, take of his exhaust it would be even less i would of needed to win. thats where i get the idea that it would be a drivers race. anyone have a stock ss in here? (yeah right) and know some1 with a stock cts-v (probly easier to find) also arent the quarter mile times on these cars very close ? heres a good point/ on that first time i ran my z28m5 with 450hp flywheel it ran a 16.5 very shitty.. next time i did alil better an ran a 15flat the next run i let off the gas to get alil traction 1st-3rd and i ran a 14.5. thats 2 seconds difference same car same day given more time or drag slicks im sure it would of ran faster then my ls1 , only difference in times being driver experience. the cts-v i raced had no traction problems lke my z had , he was shifting fast and hard same as me, i could hear his exhaust over my loudmouth exhaust at wot. if the cts-v is really that much faster then a stock camaro that just makes me feel better about my mods either way because he wasnt stock either.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Launching!

I don't even want to try and read that last post, it's giving me a headache.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by candidate zero
I don't even want to try and read that last post, it's giving me a headache.
Werd!
Old 07-02-2006, 02:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Ya i dont like to read **** on here over two paragraphs...at the MOST!
Old 07-02-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok simple version- i beat it, and to beat it, i would need to have as much or more then its rwhp.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Isn't this forum called LS1tech.com?

You don't have to defend your car(s) on every single forum on the internet. Good job comparing cars that fall into two completely different categories. We all know your car is better. We are all jealous of your cars, but there's no need to troll these forums bragging/defending your cars in every single damn post. You are being a troll.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
From a dig the solid axel of the SS will be an advantage, other than that, driver for driver the V will pull it.....especially with the top down, and even more if the driver of the SS hasn't hit the head in a while.
The first 60' in drag racing is some of the most important anyway. Both cars stock...that would still be a drivers race!
Old 07-03-2006, 07:03 AM
On The Tree

I can see the SS making 340-350 tops to the wheels. Maybe the CT is alittle down on power, but who really cares this is the ls1 site and you won.

Hey CTSVSL65AMG
Old 07-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

As I pointed out/asked about earlier in this thread, the CTS-Vs aren't dynoing all that high, 330-340ish rwhp for most bone stock LS6 CTS-Vs. Apparently they have fairly high driveline loss numbers or something. Anyway, the thread poster could easily hit those numbers and in a similar or lighter weight car that could easily pull a average CTS-V like claimed. With Loudmouth, lid, tune, UD pulley, and a ported TB, etc on a stronger LS1 like the thread poster's, you could easily match an average CTS-V it would seem... I don't see why everyone is so up in arms about it.

Here's a dyno of the stock one posted here on the boards, 327 rwhp, there were a few others (one only getting 318 rwhp) if you want to search even just this site: https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-2004-2007-gen-i/147994-great-dyno-number-s-more-performance-s-new-cts-v.html
Here's another at 335rwhp: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=cts-v+dyno

Not exactly unbeatable in a bolt on LS1 Fbody...

Last edited by Camaro Fan; 07-03-2006 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Launching!

Is it just me, but wouldn't a stock 98-02 trans am/camaro beat a stock cts-v?

The cts-v makes a little more power on the dyno. (not much) Although, it weighs more. It must be a drivers race. I haven't seen any of the stock quarter mile times, but what kind of MPH do they trap? Hell, an LS1 just might pull it up top...
Old 07-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ReadySetGo
Isn't this forum called LS1tech.com?

You don't have to defend your car(s) on every single forum on the internet. Good job comparing cars that fall into two completely different categories. We all know your car is better. We are all jealous of your cars, but there's no need to troll these forums bragging/defending your cars in every single damn post. You are being a troll.

Who are you talking to?
Old 07-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by transaman98
The first 60' in drag racing is some of the most important anyway. Both cars stock...that would still be a drivers race!

Agreed 100%, thats why I said the solid axel is a big advantage, but I believe they went from a roll.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99SSLS1
I can see the SS making 340-350 tops to the wheels. Maybe the CT is alittle down on power, but who really cares this is the ls1 site and you won.

Hey CTSVSL65AMG
First of all, why are you being a dick? I never bashed the car. Did you actually READ my posts?

This is an LS1 on board? Hmm...so we cant talk about the LS6? Do you even know that is what the CTSV has????

And...based on the origination date of this webpage, I believe it came around prior to the reincarnation of the LS6, so thats why its called LS1 Tech. Somehow I bet that if the C5 came with an LS6 in it in 1997 this board would have adifferent name.

Tool.