Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

not racing, but got a ticket (advice)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 10:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not racing, but got a ticket (advice)

I got my first ticket today going 87 in a 70. Im 17 years old and still trying to pay off the car. The ticket was in anouther county, (40+ minutes away). Im going to check with my friends dad tomorrow whos a lawyer, but i was wondering if any of you knew if this will affect insurance if i just pay for it? (if so i may have to sell the car ). If so, its my first ticket so i may be able to try to get it reduced or taken off, but i dont know how to do this. I would do anything not to have to sell the car, so if i had to go down there a few times i would be more than willing. I know we have some sort of teen court system, and since im 17 years old I may be able to get into this (my friend went through it and was very successful), although im not sure if that is just for my county. I live in kansas by the way.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Go for the I have aftermarket gears and rims. It threw off your speedo and you just haven't gotten that fixed yet. Plead out to defective equipment. You probly don't need to really lie just have your attorney go for anything thats a non moving so you don't get points. Points are bad especially for a 17 year old. Your insurance will skyrocket I'm sure if you don't get it turned into a non moving violation.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by dan23467
I got my first ticket today going 87 in a 70. Im 17 years old and still trying to pay off the car. The ticket was in anouther county, (40+ minutes away). Im going to check with my friends dad tomorrow whos a lawyer, but i was wondering if any of you knew if this will affect insurance if i just pay for it? (if so i may have to sell the car ). If so, its my first ticket so i may be able to try to get it reduced or taken off, but i dont know how to do this. I would do anything not to have to sell the car, so if i had to go down there a few times i would be more than willing. I know we have some sort of teen court system, and since im 17 years old I may be able to get into this (my friend went through it and was very successful), although im not sure if that is just for my county. I live in kansas by the way.
Hey whats up bro? Im 19 and I have 7 tickets. Since this is your first ticket, opt. for defensive driving if it is available. You will still get slamed with like 150 in fees but if you take the gay little class, it won't go on your record and insurance will remain constant. You can only do it once a year so be careful to. Also you can opt. for the Traffic Attorney. There are certain lawyers in the county who know the judge and for like 100 they will make your appearance in court and get the charges dropped with no records. Ive been pulled over more than 15 times so I know all about this.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:11 AM
Staging Lane

dude im from kc and ive gotten a few tickets and i just payed double and got it reduced to a nonmoving violation, but i heard they were changing the rules on htat due to abuse of it. still, an attorneys a good idea too, theyll just talk to the judge and **** and it will cost you but youll probably come away with a clean record. especially b.c youwere only 17 over the limit.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Teching In

thanks for the responses guys.. my friend mentioned teen court, although im not sure the qualifications, if not maybe i will look into that driving school. It was actually kc that i was driving too, i live in Topeka. The cop got me near leavenworth. The funny thing is my friend was 2 minutes infront of me, and i was on the phone with him asking if he saw any cops, and had to hang up right after because passed the cop and i was getting pulled over.

Edit: Also, how do i know if the defensive driving is avaliable? Would it say on the ticket, or do i have to wait for my court date?

2nd Edit: Also, Kansas doesnt work on the points system, so im not sure if that makes a big difference.. Ill pay whatever for the ticket, what im worried about is insurance

Last edited by dan23467; 06-21-2006 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

If you take the class insurance does not increase. Paying for it upfront will notify the insurance and increase your costs. If you have a court date and cannot take the class explain to the judge your situation. Just don't do it again, you will not be able to afford the insurance. It's ridiculous on these cars for teenage drivers.