Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Any body catch "Pinks" last night? Import VS Domestic

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSINA7
That RX-7 is pretty crazy. He ran that Civic at only 11.7 lbs. of boost. It could run 30+! That turbo is the size of my head...
YEA, I KNEW that car had more in it. The whole thing just didn't make sense. When the last race came around, I was like I KNEW IT!!!... lol
Old 06-22-2006, 04:28 PM
TECH Regular

Who remembers that "13 Second" mustang that was a frame twister??? I was like 13 secs my azz...
Old 06-22-2006, 04:42 PM
I ruin the end of films...

Originally Posted by 2 FASST SS
I like the episode where the RX7 was racing the civic, basically bogging his launches until the last race and he holeshoots the civic. Caught the civic before he could leave 1st gear...
Originally Posted by 2 FASST SS
Who remembers that "13 Second" mustang that was a frame twister??? I was like 13 secs my azz...
That's the best part of racing. Baggin till the end, then winning big.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by stangeater99
When and What channel does this show come out at?
Its on the SPEED network. It comes on Wednesday nights
Old 06-22-2006, 07:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I can't help but want to know who wins these things, but I honestly think that the show is lame. I mean c'mon, who the hell goes out to race and whines and bitches about needing/wanting 2 cars, 12 cars, 15 cars for a headstart? You can't use the bottle, you can't use the slicks. It's just a bunch of ****. Run what ya brung. I am sure they do this BS to make the show interesting and so it can make the outcome so much more unpredictible, but I still think it's dumb. I can see the posts starting now.....I ran this guy 5 times, and the last run I asked for a 5 car headstart and for him to not use the bottle and I had been sandbagging and I didn't this time so I won his car that is actually faster than mine
Old 06-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, us 5.0s can swap out any number of stuff from 87-93 and earlier in some cases I enjoy the show, but feel ripped that its not heads-up.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BriancWS6
Well I can't help but want to know who wins these things, but I honestly think that the show is lame. I mean c'mon, who the hell goes out to race and whines and bitches about needing/wanting 2 cars, 12 cars, 15 cars for a headstart? You can't use the bottle, you can't use the slicks. It's just a bunch of ****. Run what ya brung. I am sure they do this BS to make the show interesting and so it can make the outcome so much more unpredictible, but I still think it's dumb. I can see the posts starting now.....I ran this guy 5 times, and the last run I asked for a 5 car headstart and for him to not use the bottle and I had been sandbagging and I didn't this time so I won his car that is actually faster than mine
They have to ask for lenths because someone didnt bring a car with the right power output.

That pink civic was actually a totalled shell not too long before the show, and was built with parts that were donated from individuals or laying around unused. They thought they had busted something, and if I can recall the owner's original post they had actually blown an intercooler pipe off which made the car alot slower than it was.

That said, the show is gay.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:13 AM
Teching In

Man that show is crazy lame. Those Honda guys were such tools. At the very least it did make me laugh. I dont know why they insist on trying. If they wanted to do a cool import vs domestic why not use a Supra, EVO, 350Z, 300ZX, RX7 or something. No they bring a $500 civic FWD
Old 06-23-2006, 02:43 AM
JUICED96Z

I have met Jeff Gilbert and his negotiator Jeff Creech at the NFME a few months ago. Both stand up guys. Jeff G talked me into going last minute and Jeff C let me race last minute .
Jeff G has since gutted the interior. Ran 9's on the motor, (during the taping it was going 10.5 they said) with a descent launch, last run hit the bottle at the far end and threw the blower belt and I don't think they ever found it.

Must have talked to him for an hour, very cool and nice guy.
Here is a HUGE thread from him on the race, very good reading.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...ighlight=PINKS

Just after they went to credits he said the kid fell down and hyper ventelated and they sent him to the hospital. He later sold the car back to him minus the bumpers when he found out the kids dad was going to buy him a Z06.
Oh and the wastegate line was found to be routed next to the hood latch and thats what cut it.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There was a good thread on one of the Honda boards with the Civic's driver getting it from his fellow Honda fans, pretty funny, and he was actually posting/responding. Link in the original/old thread on this that was in Lounge.

That episode with the Civic vs the RX7 also had the funny part where the Civic's nitrous tanks were empty/fake...just there as a negotiating ploy.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:32 AM
Teching In

20 lengths and VTEC? Are you sure?!

I love it, thats good stuff!
Old 06-23-2006, 11:59 AM
TECH Regular

I just don't think those cars (FWD) are good enough to go against a stout RWD. Seems funny they don't hook till the 60. By then the RWD is half way down the track. Also funny once the FRD hooks some of them run down the RWD cars LOL.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
that was a re-run. I have them all in WMV format (about 270 megs). Anyone got an FTP site they want em loaded on? I love that friggin show!

can you email me those videos........v8stanghotboy@hotmail.com
Old 06-23-2006, 01:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Just after they went to credits he said the kid fell down and hyper ventelated and they sent him to the hospital. He later sold the car back to him minus the bumpers when he found out the kids dad was going to buy him a Z06.
Oh and the wastegate line was found to be routed next to the hood latch and thats what cut it.
Hell, I would have sold it back to him for $1.00 before the end of the show, saying "what am I going to do with this P.O.S.??!". It was funny how Jeff rubbed it in though with the "ricerspeak", "does this thing get good mileage?".
Really, why would that import-boy punk even want a Z06?? (He would not know what to do with it/how to drive it anyway!!)
I think Jeff & crew handled the whole wastegate line deal like real class acts. I would have been like, "WTF, I don't need to resort to sabotage in order to destroy your Honduh, rizzboy!!!!"