Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

death to a dodge dakota!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default death to a dodge dakota!!!!

ran into a dodge dakota on the strip last night got beside me in traffic and was askin me about my car...wanted to know mods times and rwhp...i told him all and was truthful thinking surely hes not gonna wanna race me in a damn dakota with my times that im running...boy was i wrong...after i told him everything he asked me if i wanted to run....i asked what he had done and he told me to pull over and he would tell me and show me...so he let me over in his lane and i pulled over and he followed me....he gets out and pops the hood...and at first glance looked like a basic stock motor besides the enormous turbo...i was like damn!!!! truck had a 5.9 with h/c/headers bolt ons and a t88 turbo and a tune said he was on 12lbs of boost and as making 570rwhp...race built tranny with a 3300 stall and a built rearend with 4:10's....he said it was mainly all for show and roll racing...it was gorgeous...truck sat on the ground and was intense blue with a sniper body kit and a cowl hood..airbags...lots of other lil things tooo....anyways...i really have no idea what the truck will do because i know the 5.9 is a weak *** motor....i agree not knowing what to think....we pull up on the interstare and i say i want a 60 honk and we will let off at 130....so we honk and i pull out about a car and slowly begin to pull to about a half car we reach 95 and i notice hes slowly getting closer...i just focus on the road and pray i hold him off...bout 110 hes at at my back glass and by the time we shut down around 135 my front end is at his gas door on the bed!!! knowing that another race wont help because i used so much damn juice on that race...i dont try again....we take the exit pull over and talk and i gave him major props on that truck...because that was his first race against sumthing real fast....never thought id love to a dodge dakota with airbags and rims and a body kit....lol
Old 06-27-2006, 12:15 AM
SPAM HUNTER

Thats an inpresive dakota...i bet its weight is close to yours though!
Old 06-27-2006, 12:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Damn, thats a pretty damn quick truck! Nice death