Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

allngn_c5 hitting 190 + going to work VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006 | 10:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Firebirdfan
2 words....BAD ***! That was awesome, but stupid, but still awesome. You have some serious ***** my friend. I love the sound of your car. Just think....you have 1 more gear to get through .
You won't pull any more in 6th gear than you will in 5th at top end.
Old 07-05-2006 | 03:57 AM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Vendetta
You won't pull much past 140 mph in 6th gear. The ratio is too weak and one would need a LOT of torque to get any significant pull in 6th.

Dropping into 6th at speeds like 190 or even 160 mph would just wreck the tranny as you slow down considerably.

Our 6th gears sole purpose is for highway gas mileage.
Old 07-05-2006 | 04:37 AM
TECH Resident

He's still got 3.42's which helps up with the top end, with teh 4.10's i got about 170ish is the max i can do.
Old 07-05-2006 | 05:16 AM
On The Tree

Sorry, I'm a noob.
Old 07-05-2006 | 06:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

killer music man in the intro
Old 07-05-2006 | 06:47 AM
9 Second Club

you are an idiot for doing that but the vid was badass!!!! Your car sounds really good!!!!
Old 07-05-2006 | 08:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fadi
Now Doug, how in the world are we supposed to believe that was 190 when the camera was not angled towards the speedo? For all I(we) know, that could have been 165.
Because mr skeptic to quote your own words "what reason do I have to lie?"
I shifted into 5th at 150 and stayed on it until I hit jut a little past 190. The tach read 6400 rpms or so. I was in 5th, and btw my car is running better since I corrected my little issue I was having when we raced. Still waiting for a rematch. Anytime, as long as you come to my area this time. In case you don't already know my 5th gear at 7000 rpms is good for 204 mph. You know I thought you were a cool guy until you made your shitty comments. Again just like you not having a reason to lie about your car, what reason do I have to lie about mine? Rematch anytime, I got you this time. Its sad that you had to come on here and disrespect me. I am quite shocked, you didn't act like this when we were hanging out.
Old 07-05-2006 | 09:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
I shifted into 5th at 150 and stayed on it until I hit jut a little past 190. The tach read 6400 rpms or so. I was in 5th, and btw my car is running better since I corrected my little issue I was having when we raced. Still waiting for a rematch. Anytime, as long as you come to my area this time. In case you don't already know my 5th gear at 7000 rpms is good for 204 mph. You know I thought you were a cool guy until you made your shitty comments. Again just like you not having a reason to lie about your car, what reason do I have to lie about mine? Rematch anytime, I got you this time. Its sad that you had to come on here and disrespect me. I am quite shocked, you didn't act like this when we were hanging out.
Disrespect you? How did I do that? Calm down there killer, it was just a joke. Did you not see the smiley face at the end? But now that I really think about it, I will believe it when I see the speedo. Atleast you got to see proof of my car as you looked under my hood. what proof do I, or anyone else for that matter, have that you went 190+ on that run?

As far as a rematch, we can do that when I have time like I said before. But I highly doubt the cleaning of an airfilter will make up the difference, if any at all.
Old 07-05-2006 | 09:29 AM
11 Second Club

You know I thought you were a cool guy until you made your shitty comments. Again just like you not having a reason to lie about your car, what reason do I have to lie about mine? Rematch anytime, I got you this time. Its sad that you had to come on here and disrespect me. I am quite shocked, you didn't act like this when we were hanging out.
Wow dude you need to chill, and mabey learn too take a little ribbing. RE-READ his post and see the smily at the end sticking his tounge out.. Now one doubts you have a bad *** car, you just need to learn to brush off the haters, and take a joke sometimes....
Old 07-05-2006 | 10:42 AM
12 Second Club

I gotta agree with the other couple of guys that said that it didn't look like 190.

You already know it's incredibly stupid so I won't reiterate that again.

The vid was midly entertaining. I'm not much for looking at passing road/scenery from inside a car, even if it is fast looking. I'd mcu rather see you racing someone.

Oh, and you are incredibly eat up with your car, LOL (see the bold? I'm just giving you a hard time)

Hope we're not reading about you behind the funnies any time soon...
Old 07-05-2006 | 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JDP
your crazy doug, but i still want to go for a ride.

that car sounds so ****, it almost sounded like the incar cameras in nascar
Just give me a shout. You got it.
Old 07-05-2006 | 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WHPLASH
D you're frickin' insane. That video was too sweet. Fast and crazy. I love it!!!
Thanks a lot Dennis. Took a couple of hours at Chris's putting it together. Chris did the work, I provided supervision and video footage. LOL.
Old 07-05-2006 | 12:38 PM
Teching In

..... You know I thought you were a cool guy until you made your shitty comments. Again just like you not having a reason to lie about your car, what reason do I have to lie about mine? Rematch anytime, I got you this time. Its sad that you had to come on here and disrespect me. I am quite shocked, you didn't act like this when we were hanging out.

Doug,

If you want to beat Fadi, why don't you get a turbo or supercharger? I'm sure you could edge him out then. I'm sure Fadi will keep me updated on what happens
Old 07-05-2006 | 12:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PERFECT Z28
Thats pretty fast, your car did look like it could have kept going too.
Thanks, but I was running out of straight away so I had to let off, put light pressure to the brakes and hit 4th on a downshift and add brakes to make that curve, I've done the run over a thousand times. According to LG Motorsports they have done several cars exactly like mine with full aero kits and an extractor hood that have done 210+ mph. I can't wait for my aero kit, wouldn't want to fly away. LOL !
Old 07-05-2006 | 12:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Vette4LIFE
Ah yeah Doug, that was awesome, you know ya need a speedo shot, maybe cut the screen in two where you could see tach and speedo, and the action at the same time.

I love this stuff.
That's exactly what Chris and I had discussed. One camera on the tripod, and Chris can shoot the speedo with the other camera. We'll do a split screen so you can watch both simultaneously. I think it can be done.
Old 07-05-2006 | 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ckd
Ummm...wow, I've got 160 with no cars whatsoever and I was scared shitless. I need some bigger ***** I guess. I haven't even hit top speed yet. I know it's only like 174 or something but I wanna get there just to get there. Awesome run, wish my car could do that.
Thank you very much. I appreciate that you liked the vid.
Old 07-05-2006 | 01:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
When the camera gets out of focus........THATS HOW YOU KNOW YOUR GOING FAST!! That looks fun
I was using the Sony 5.0 Cybershot with the video set to the highest on FINE, rather then using STD. Std would've probably stayed in focus, but been lower quality from start to finish.
Old 07-05-2006 | 01:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Check with LG on that, you are incorrect sir.
Old 07-05-2006 | 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn that was fast and I know exactly WHERE YOU DID THAT RUN . In that area just becareful although they have just repaved that area the curves are a little scary to me. Nice sounding ride.
Old 07-05-2006 | 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Andy 98RT10
Doug,

If you want to beat Fadi, why don't you get a turbo or supercharger? I'm sure you could edge him out then. I'm sure Fadi will keep me updated on what happens
Don't need any of that, and I did more then clean my air filter. If he still wins then I will have to bow down again to the almighty Fadi and his killer C6 ZO6.