Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

allngn_c5 hitting 190 + going to work VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006 | 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What were you trying to prove? Good kill, or was that a flyby? Did you flash the hazards after passing the minivan?

Is Detroit really that desperate, or is it a bi-polar thing they dont know about? Anyway, entertaining video, but like stated above, a speedo cam would have made it much better.
Old 11-04-2006 | 06:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSpeedracer
What were you trying to prove? Good kill, or was that a flyby? Did you flash the hazards after passing the minivan?

Is Detroit really that desperate, or is it a bi-polar thing they dont know about? Anyway, entertaining video, but like stated above, a speedo cam would have made it much better.
Wasn't trying to prove anything, I was seriously running late for work.
Old 11-05-2006 | 07:46 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
No you were seriously running short on common sense
Old 11-07-2006 | 02:57 AM
10 Second Club

I have to agree with the not safe side. but i know for a FACT if i had the skill and the car to do that on an open road i will. great video. do you like that vett better than those crappy crown vics?
Old 11-07-2006 | 10:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SpaZMaN
I have to agree with the not safe side. but i know for a FACT if i had the skill and the car to do that on an open road i will. great video. do you like that vett better than those crappy crown vics?

Absolutely! The Caprice classics were good, and so are the crown vic's but nothing compares to a Corvette with full mods and nice head/cam setup with a proper tune. The M/F'r is scary when she fires up on a cold morning. Too bad she's sitting in the garage with blown head gaskets. Just like the Terminator said, "I'll be back!" well so wil I, but probably not too many more stabs at 200 mph. My free replacement gaskets and head bolts from LG Motorsports should be coming in the mail in the next day or two. Thanks again for the freebies Lou Gigliotti.
Old 11-08-2006 | 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've lived in MI all my life....had no idea we had a road that large and relatively straight with no traffic! lol Especially in Detroit, the traffic clusterfuck of the midwest.

Edit- Upon further review of the expressway signs and those multiple overpasses.....I know exactly where you pulled this crazy feat off. Good ****.....and no I will not remind you how dumb it was....you more than likely already knew.

Last edited by Mike 01WS6; 11-08-2006 at 08:44 PM.
Old 11-08-2006 | 09:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks Mike, good Detective work. If I hit the overpass at 150 then 200 is totally possible. I was only doing 130 when I hit it on the video and didn't have enough room for the 200 run. If I were able to do it again I would have either punched it earlier, or aborted earlier. I was running out of straight away real quick and going through that curve at over 140 isn't the smartest thing even though a C5 can make it. Just saying one little flinch of the wheel and you are in the WALL. Glad you liked the vid. Pm or email me if you like. My car will be back up and running in the spring. Going to be replacing some blown headgaskets over the winter some time. Later bro.
Old 11-08-2006 | 09:32 PM
On The Tree

I assume you made it in time???
Old 11-08-2006 | 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yes sir, I did make it on time. Glad you liked the vid.
Old 11-08-2006 | 10:38 PM
Banned

Yes sir, I did make it on time. Glad you liked the vid.
Dont listen to them Align, thats a great video.

You did it with a very good knowledge of the road, with very few cars present, while driving very smooth and keeping an eye out for things.

Other than taking it to an oval track, or another country, I think you did it about as safe as you can.
I've took my Z28 up to 150 once or twice... and it takes a little bit of brains, alot of ***** and some good driving skill.

Once again, job well done... and don't listen to those Pussies!
Everybody's got to do it once!
With a car like that, I'd do the same thing.
Old 11-09-2006 | 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Mike, good Detective work. If I hit the overpass at 150 then 200 is totally possible. I was only doing 130 when I hit it on the video and didn't have enough room for the 200 run. If I were able to do it again I would have either punched it earlier, or aborted earlier. I was running out of straight away real quick and going through that curve at over 140 isn't the smartest thing even though a C5 can make it. Just saying one little flinch of the wheel and you are in the WALL. Glad you liked the vid. Pm or email me if you like. My car will be back up and running in the spring. Going to be replacing some blown headgaskets over the winter some time. Later bro.
Will do. My car is gonna be back in Troy getting a new motor this winter, so come spring time it'll be laying some rubber in the streets of D-town.

Old 11-09-2006 | 06:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by burnzilla
Dont listen to them Align, thats a great video.

You did it with a very good knowledge of the road, with very few cars present, while driving very smooth and keeping an eye out for things.
He did it with total disregard for his safety and innocent motorists.

Other than taking it to an oval track, or another country, I think you did it about as safe as you can.
I've took my Z28 up to 150 once or twice... and it takes a little bit of brains, alot of ***** and some good driving skill.
The word safe and what he did should never be used in the same sentence.

Once again, job well done... and don't listen to those Pussies!
Everybody's got to do it once!
With a car like that, I'd do the same thing.
Then you would be just as irresponsible.

Last edited by darrensls1; 11-09-2006 at 06:46 AM.
Old 11-09-2006 | 06:12 AM
Administrator

I'm certainly not in favor how this video was made. However, bashing Doug and
other members for it won't change anything...and it'll get you a one-way ticket
out of here.

No more bashing.
Old 11-09-2006 | 06:39 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by unit213
out of here.

No more bashing.
My appologies unit213. I just can't stand it when people endanger others lives and then get praised for it like they just saved a cat from a burning building.
Old 11-09-2006 | 06:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by unit213
out of here.

No more bashing.
Thanks bro. I know you don't approve of my actions but thanks for the BAN warning to those who want to preach.

Unit is your car up for the year, or are you taking advantage of these cold air temps we have in the morning to go have a little more fun??

I certainly wish I was able to.....
Old 11-09-2006 | 08:45 AM
12 Second Club

He drives this road every day. Id imagine he knows every crack in it if he wants to drive 200+ let him.
Old 11-09-2006 | 09:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 67maro
He drives this road every day. Id imagine he knows every crack in it if he wants to drive 200+ let him.

Thanks for the support, and I do know every crack on the road, but I won't be pulling any more stunts quite that reckless. I'll be toning it down quite a bit. How did the Camaro do out at Milan this year bro??
Old 11-09-2006 | 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the support, and I do know every crack on the road, but I won't be pulling any more stunts quite that reckless. I'll be toning it down quite a bit. How did the Camaro do out at Milan this year bro??
I know you think I'm preaching, and I guess I am, but I'm very glad to hear you say that. It doesn't matter that you know every crack in the road. I have heard over the years that most accidents happen within 5 miles from the persons house. While we can know the roads we can not know how other motorists are going to respond.

You passed a number of cars and any one of them could have been a 16 year old inexperienced driver who decides to change lanes without looking over thier shoulder. Now you can't predict something like that and at 150+ MPH you wouldn't have enough time to react and you both would very likely be dead. Not to mention if you passed a cop and didn't get away that's a one way ticket to jail. I had a friend who went to jail for 130 in a 55

The personal attacks were uncalled for so I do appologise to you for that. But the preaching part you kind of had coming.

I'm happy you are not planning on making that kind of driving a habbit, I'm happy you didn't get hurt and I think you have a beautiful car.

Good luck to you.

Last edited by darrensls1; 11-09-2006 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-09-2006 | 11:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

No problem bro.
Old 11-09-2006 | 12:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wish there was a place in every state where we could do this on an access road somewhere..safe and without cops (safer anyway).