Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by burnzilla
How the f*ck did LT1's get into this?

I was just wondering the same thing
Old 07-19-2006, 08:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by burnzilla
Ive never seen a stock 350Z clear a 13.8, and that was a manual with a good driver, with good tires and a great run. Even though I can't see your ride to totally believe you, atleast post a timesllp to somewhat backup your argument.

And you said you friend "Dom", do you mean this dom?
He said his L32 sixer ran a 14.30 with justa stall and gears, which would be the fastest six cylinder fbod on planet ****** earth.

Then after admitting he was exaggerating, he tried this.
--------------------------

Kind of like the LT1?
Change the exhaust/exhaust manifold, intake and gears and your talking lows 13's possibly 12's with a M6.
okay, my 13.8 is nothing to write home about. I can try ot take a picture with my camera phone, but I tried it before. and no, DomZ does not own a V6. lol.

here is a cut and paste of my time from the other forum:

.098 - 2.103 - 5.912 - 8.986 - 80.68 - 11.600 - 13.796 - 101.99

track temp: 48dg
humidity: 73
Ab. Baro: 29.38

Atco 3/28/2006 6:02pm

I lowered the air pressure this time. still need to improve my 60ft. 1/2 still giving me trouble. still full interior. less than 1/4 tank of gas. Shell.

raced against a Evo that had some significant mods, but he had trouble being consistent and was only running a 12.533. stripped interior.

my freind Adam (silver WRX, upgraded turbos, full 3 inch cat delete exhaust, lowered, Rota 18's, injectors, etc.) ran for the first time! he ran a 13.7 first try. it was pretty cool to see someone else less experienced than me! thanks to bro in the Yellow Z (jake? sorry man) for the air pressure gauge.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:23 AM
Teching In

tire pressure was lowered to 30 psi then 28. full interior, 18x8 all season tires. I beleive the humidity at atco never reads correctly. or it mught be ab. baro.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DVan8504
Domestic, you are way out of line on some of your comments. First off, I've heard a ton of ls1 guys talk about their great top end so quit trying to make it sound like just import guys say that. Secondly, you're being just as ignorant as the "ricers" you seem to hate so much. I could pull time slips to prove motor's point, but honestly it's not worth my time because I've learned a lot of domestic guys will NEVER respect imports. Something went wrong in the hardwiring or something I guess. I on the other hand respect all cars that are fast. That's a true enthusiast without bias.
Who are you to say that I am "out of line"?? There is no definition that says a "car enthusiast" must like every car ever made regardless of make, model, or origin. You made that up, and its bullshit. Liking American cars better than Japanese ones (what country are we in again?) doesn't mean that I am not a car enthusiast. Get that through your head

Secondly, who says that everyone needs to "respect imports"?? I don't really care for them nor respect hardly any of them, so according you you I'm breaking your made up rules?? Wow, you are off the wall

You also seem to be forgetting what website we are on. The majority of people on here are members because they like American muscle cars, more specifically, the F-Body. Ranting and raving about how people "best be respecin' imports" will get you no where around here. If you go onto a Honda forum, and start bitching about people "not respecting Domestics", you'll just get laughed at. Same thing here, get a clue.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Teching In

I go to both domestic and import boards and say the same thing. You should be able to give a car props regardless of your own personal (and usually unfounded) bias. You keep thinking whatever you want. I said in advance you wouldn't change your mind. Welcome to the domestic stereotype.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Teching In

you give domestic owners a bad name. seriously.

and yes, a "car enthusiast" is just that. you would be labeled a "american muscle enthusiast" and twisting his words, which you quoted so anyone with a brain can read what he really said is retarded. get off your high horse and stop trying to
make people look bad. I accept you don't like imports and I don't care. keep it to yourself! I don't like fish but I don't rag on people who eat it.

it is called being respectful and just cause your on the internet doesn't mean you should run your mouth!! you wouldn't act like this in person I hope.

any time you want to see a 350z run in the 13's, pm me and I'll meet you at Atco
Old 07-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by motormouth
you give domestic owners a bad name. seriously.
And you, my friend, are a perfect example of the import owner stereotype.

You come on LS1Tech to brag about your high 13 second 350Z. Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, nobody cares??

and yes, a "car enthusiast" is just that. you would be labeled a "american muscle enthusiast" and twisting his words, which you quoted so anyone with a brain can read what he really said is retarded. get off your high horse and stop trying to
make people look bad. I accept you don't like imports and I don't care. keep it to yourself! I don't like fish but I don't rag on people who eat it.
If you didn't care then you obviously wouldn't be replying. You are an import fanboy on a Domestic based website, stop and think for a second before you make more of a fool of yourself. I like cars, therefore I am a car enthusiast. That doesn't imply that I must like every car ever made. Its not that hard to comprehend, but you obviously feel the need to make up your own definition of the phrase to suit your opinion. Sorry, you're wrong.

it is called being respectful and just cause your on the internet doesn't mean you should run your mouth!! you wouldn't act like this in person I hope.

any time you want to see a 350z run in the 13's, pm me and I'll meet you at Atco
Thanks anyway, but I really don't care about your 350Z or the fact that its runs high 13's. Thats all well and good for you, I'd rather not waste my gas though.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 25psi
Its not that I am "nutswinging" its that most people on here dont go past this site!

I dont know what you consider fast, but mid to low 12's at 114+ on average street tires is pretty quick to me. Most 350z's are only pushing that amount and are running really decent times. Hell I ran a 12.3 at 115 at 7.5 psi with a 2.2 60ft. What other import do you know that makes 400-420rwhp on 7-8psi? My car is at Autobanh in Houston and should be ready to hit the streets sometime in August or early September. I hoping for 700rwhp at 18psi.

I'm taking the mr2 out hopefully this weekend to the track to see how she runs. Its been out for nearly 3 months in the body shop(dont ask) putting on a body kit and changing colors. I'm going to up the boost to around 35psi to see how she does. Hopefully I can make one pass at the end on that amount and see if I can crack the 140mph mark.
25psi,

I have to agree with you (as I did over on SVT performance). Many on this site are knowledgeable. But there are also those on this site that refuse to credit Japanese manufacturers with engineering a very fast and street worthy product. And when you attempt to defend against mis-information, they tell you to leave!?!?!?

BTW--I am also on 350zmotoring and my350z.com and there are A LOT OF DOMESTIC owners on that site. They are not routinely asked to leave for respectfully offering other opinions.

Japanese companies do make fast cars. In this country we are paralyzed by the belief that the cars that Japanese manufacturers release to the American market are the only cars they make. What a crock of ****. Do you think mustangs, Vipers, Z06's released in China? Belize? Turkey? Probably not. They can be attained with money but are not easily accessible (much like our ability to obtain a GTR over here if we're willing to pay the premium). Would it make sense for the Chinese or Turkish to say that the U.S. doesn't make fast cars just because they are unfamiliar with the U.S. sports car market? That is what many on this site do. They convince themselves that because the GTR is not sold over here that Japan makes no fast cars. That makes not sense.

Let's take a look at the cars that Nissan makes overseas but doesn't release here:

1. Skyline GTR V Spec (485 hp 490 tq.)

2. Supra (is fast out the box and can be made Godzilla like fast)
1999-2002 Supra MK IV (320 hp 315 tq.) (13.0 @ 106-109)

3. Honda NSX Type R (310 Hp 303 tq. weight--a shade over nothing)

4. Honda NSX Type R GT

Back on track...A 350Z is by no means unbeatable. But you have to give credit where credit is due:

1. 350Z are high 13 low 14 second cars

2. Stock 350Z, considering equal drivers, are faster light to light (assuming a 1/4 mile distance) than 99-04 GT.

3. A 05+ GT is a better race for a Z (and the Z will take its fair share of that matchup--I know from experience)

4. I have witnessed a track 350Z run 13.81 @ 101 BONE STOCK

And, assuming equal drivers, a Cobalt SS will never beat a stock 350Z...EVER!!! Sorry, try again.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by dez até quatro; 07-19-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Domestic Demon
And you, my friend, are a perfect example of the import owner stereotype.

You come on LS1Tech to brag about your high 13 second 350Z. Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, nobody cares??

If you didn't care then you obviously wouldn't be replying. You are an import fanboy on a Domestic based website, stop and think for a second before you make more of a fool of yourself. I like cars, therefore I am a car enthusiast. That doesn't imply that I must like every car ever made. Its not that hard to comprehend, but you obviously feel the need to make up your own definition of the phrase to suit your opinion. Sorry, you're wrong.

Thanks anyway, but I really don't care about your 350Z or the fact that its runs high 13's. Thats all well and good for you, I'd rather not waste my gas though.
only reason I mentioned my car's et is the fact that you are completly wrong when you think a mid 14 second pass is acceptable or standard for a Z. and if you don't care about the fact of what et my car runs, don't doubt it or imply I am lying.

thats all. and I am not here to brag about my car , nor did I ever brag. again, you shouldn't try to change peoples words when anyone with a brain can read my posts . I signed on here to get some info on LS1's since one will be going into my Z sometime in the near future.

and let me reiterate the fact that I like LS1 cars, just in case anyone accepts your mis-characterization of me, and appreciate their power and tunability.

no need to respond, I am done on this thread.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Teching In

I <3 domestic demon. I hope we meet one day, I am sure you aren't as much of a jerk in person ; )
Old 07-19-2006, 01:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dez até quatro

BTW--I am also on 350zmotoring and my350z.com and there are A LOT OF DOMESTIC owners on that site. They are not routinely asked to leave for respectfully offering other opinions.
Thanks for posting. This in particular I appreciate, because it is EXACTLY my point.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by motormouth
I <3 domestic demon. I hope we meet one day, I am sure you aren't as much of a jerk in person ; )
Nope, he's probably a nice guy. People become bold when they have the internet buffer.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:13 PM
Banned

Thats all well and good, but the reason they are not "asked to leave" is probably because they don't troll. When you have import fanboys starting arguements in every thread that even suggests and import might have lost of might be inferior, thats trolling, and 25PSI has matered it quite well. Theres always an excuse, a stupid reason, or a solution to why an import lost a race. Its all bullshit, but thats how 25PSI is.

Japanese companies do make fast cars. In this country we are paralyzed by the belief that the cars that Japanese manufacturers release to the American market are the only cars they make. What a crock of ****. Do you think mustangs, Vipers, Z06's released in China? Belize? Turkey? Probably not. They can be attained with money but are not easily accessible (much like our ability to obtain a GTR over here if we're willing to pay the premium). Would it make sense for the Chinese or Turkish to say that the U.S. doesn't make fast cars just because they are unfamiliar with the U.S. sports car market? That is what many on this site do. They convince themselves that because the GTR is not sold over here that Japan makes no fast cars. That makes not sense.
Who cares?? We don't live in Japan, and frankly, I would never want to. We don't get all these supposed "fast" cars you speak of, therefore its irrelevent. Did you ever stop and think that maybe some people like American cars better than Japanese ones?? Such as in looks, performance, driving dynamics, ect?? Its not all about speed, its about the overall vehicle.

Let's take a look at the cars that Nissan makes overseas but doesn't release here:

Was this not the vehicle that got owned by the new Corvette Z06 at the Nurburgring??

Honda NSX Type R (310 Hp 303 tq. weight--a shade over nothing)
We've had the Acura NSX over here for 15 years. its an overpriced, outdated, and underperforming vehicle. Stock LS1's regularly beat NSX's, yet the NSX costs 3 times as much and is supposedly a "supercar". What a joke.

Back on track...A 350Z is by no means unbeatable. But you have to give credit where credit is due:

2. Stock 350Z, considering equal drivers, are faster light to light (assuming a 1/4 mile distance) than 99-04 GT.
No they aren't. I've seen plenty of 99-04 Mustang GT's wreck 350Z's "light to light". Its called a solid rear axle and V8 torque. In the 1/4 mile though, they are very close. More of a drivers race.

3. A 05+ GT is a better race for a Z (and the Z will take its fair share of that matchup--I know from experience)

An 05 Mustang GT will beat a 350Z, plain and simple. They run 0-60 in the low 5's, and the 1/4 mile at around 13.5 @105 MPH. I've never seen a stock 350Z even come close to those numbers

And, assuming equal drivers, a Cobalt SS will never beat a stock 350Z...EVER!!! Sorry, try again.
I've seen Cobalt SS S/C's hang with 350Z's from a roll, no problem. Obviously from a dig though the 350Z will most likely win.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:22 PM
Teching In

the r34 gt-r that the z06 beat was not the one dez mentioned actually. 25psi gets a little excited i've notice, but neither motor, nor i, nor beer, nor dez have been "trolling." we've stated nothing but facts.

and i'll say this again.

350z > 99-04 mustang gt
350z<05+ mustang gt
Old 07-19-2006, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

350z > 99-04 mustang gt
350z<05+ mustang gt
Let me guess....From a roll right?

Yes the 99-04 GTs are slow but the 350Zs are no faster....
Old 07-19-2006, 02:45 PM
Teching In

In general. It's no insult to the last gen gt, it's not a big advantage on the 350z's part, just an advantage.

260hp/302tq for the 99-04 gt
287hp/275tq or 300hp/260tq for the 350z. the gt only shines in tq, and that's where it gets a nice hole shot from, but it's just slightls lower than a 350z. again, it's no insult.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

In general. It's no insult to the last gen gt, it's not a big advantage on the 350z's part, just an advantage.

260hp/302tq for the 99-04 gt
287hp/275tq or 300hp/260tq for the 350z. the gt only shines in tq, and that's where it gets a nice hole shot from, but it's just slightls lower than a 350z. again, it's no insult.
Hole shot is the most important part of racing. The GT has more power under the curve also, that counts for alot. The V8 is much more torquier then the 350Z, they run near the same 1/4 mile times. The GT "most of the time" will out run a 350z on the street and through the 1/4 from a roll is where the little more power and gearing help the 350z out.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

25psi,

2. Supra (is fast out the box and can be made Godzilla like fast)
1999-2002 Supra MK IV (320 hp 315 tq.) (13.0 @ 106-109)

3. Honda NSX Type R (310 Hp 303 tq. weight--a shade over nothing)

4. Honda NSX Type R GT

Just my thoughts.
i think what was originally brought up in regards to "fast japanese cars" was meant as an overall view. I know the 3.5 Nissans are peppy ( in all forms ), but we Americans are getting kind of spoiled because for the most part, faster cars keep coming out over here. Whether it be a SRT 4, 6, 8, or 10, The mustang GT, the Ford GT, the C6, the z06, the GXP, all the hemi stuff from daimler chrysler, etc. Point is America on average has faster cars than Japan.

On a side note regarding your #2 on the list (Supra), while it can make ungodly HP, it is far from any king of the street compared to similiar modded or price spent on, F-body or 'vette.

Devon
Old 07-19-2006, 07:24 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Domestic Demon] When you have import fanboys starting arguements in every thread that even suggests and import might have lost of might be inferior, thats trolling, and 25PSI has matered it quite well. Theres always an excuse, a stupid reason, or a solution to why an import lost a race. Its all bullshit, but thats how 25PSI is.

Sooo...I guess you are a fanboy and that T/A that I beat on the highway was an import right? (and just for the record I never said that T/A was an LS1, thanks)

Was this not the vehicle that got owned by the new Corvette Z06 at the Nurburgring??

Why no...no it wasn't. The Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II held the record at Nurburgring until the New TT Porsche beat it (just to let you know, Porsche is still an import)

No they aren't. I've seen plenty of 99-04 Mustang GT's wreck 350Z's "light to light". Its called a solid rear axle and V8 torque. In the 1/4 mile though, they are very close. More of a drivers race.

My 13hp and 400 more rpm's don't make a difference but a mustang with 25tq difference is enough to wreck something? Are you serious?

And with the Skyline's and Supra's...were any of the American muscle cars able to run over 1000hp on the stock block and internals in the late 80's or 90's like these cars? The 2JZ and RB25DETT and RB26DETT were bullet proof from the factory...and since they were twin turbo'd from the factory their owners didn't have to spend alot of money to get extreme HP AND TQ out of their cars. Most of the guys on here are really cool. I'll say again that I have alot of respect for LS1's and know they are fast in a straight line stock for stock. You on the other hand are a jackass. Thanks for you time.

-Scott
Old 07-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Teching In

For the record the new C6 Z06 is an insane machine. I would have to say it's the best overall car that any American company has produced.

-Scott