Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

New NSX Vs. HAWK

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its funny to see a kill post turn into a big debate. the fact is he beat the nsx. who freakin cares what "car and driver" did or what people have said. maybe there are some nsx's faster than others, just like "some" f-bodies hit 12s stock. if its from a roll, the driver isnt going to make that much of a difference.....unless he just cant drive at all. roll racing is so easy. on the other hand maybe he was a sucky driver. the point im making is that he beat it. just leave it at that. who cares about prices/durability/looks, etc etc...everyone has their own opinion about each car.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 87turbo2
Having owned 13 rx7's (ugh) I can attest to them being one of the best handling cars out there. A 3rd gen (FD) with a LS transplant is one of the formidable cars out there. The car is nearly 50/50 balanced with the rotary (49.1 /50.9) and the difference is only about 150lbs with the V8 in its place. The stock suspension and drivetrain are very strong and even for a 10+year old car, they hold up very well at autocross and track events. The 2nd gen (FC) while good in its day, is really no good comparison to most sports cars today. If I had the money to invest, a Ls1/T56 FD would be ideal! But for the same money I could get a SS or TA and get H/C and some other mods. Plus after all those damned blown rotaries, the wife said she'd kill me if another one found its way to our house.
LSINA7, in all seriousness I hope you have lots invested in the suspension in that FC. I had a built and ported FC (275~rwhp) That thing couldn't get traction for ANYTHING and was very easy to get sideways. It was a little dangerous to drive around as it was quick to kick the rear out.

to the original poster, good kill! NSX's are sweet, looking, but for the money I couldn't see getting one over the C5 or C6.
My car actually lost 40 pounds or so with the transplant. The new exhaust took a lot off. It is actually probably closer to 50/50 now. And you are very correct, right now it would be a GREAT drift car, because with my 225's (haha), the rear will kick out if I barely turn it while accelerating. I know all about this, the FD is the same way. That is the way I lost it...

This was stock everything suspension wise. But with a couple mods, bushings, more weight in the rear, new shocks, (Next month), sways, and the new wider wheels and the best traction 255's I can get, I hope to be able to control it fairly well. Then I will go widebody with bigger tires... Like I said, we will see. I haven't driven a C6 Z06 and haven't saw any times either. But like I said, I have a race, so we will see. He might surprise me. But still, my $19K or so RX-7, he better be able to beat me!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bowtieforpower
its funny to see a kill post turn into a big debate. the fact is he beat the nsx. who freakin cares what "car and driver" did or what people have said. maybe there are some nsx's faster than others, just like "some" f-bodies hit 12s stock. if its from a roll, the driver isnt going to make that much of a difference.....unless he just cant drive at all. roll racing is so easy. on the other hand maybe he was a sucky driver. the point im making is that he beat it. just leave it at that. who cares about prices/durability/looks, etc etc...everyone has their own opinion about each car.
this man speaks the TRUTH. all i said was i beat a new version of NSX and i was even lucky to see one.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please let it be known that I, DAVESS02, said that NSX's are steaming piles of dog doo!!!! bring it!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Andy 98RT10
And what is up with all of this "but for the cost it should be faster stuff"? What other sports cars for $90k or lower have world class handling, an all aluminium body, and will still be running as strong as new at 350,000 miles? And you need to remember that most NSX owners are spending just as low of a percentage (maybe even lower) of their worth on their vehicle than a lot of you are on your vehicle. So let's not bring up the cost argument.
two words.. if that.
c6 z06.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

"NSX.....for the rich guy who's scared of power"

-Will
Old 07-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TARZAN
"NSX.....for the rich guy who's scared of power"

-Will
Come on now, don't be stupid. Z28...for not so rich guys scared of corners...

It goes both ways...see?
Old 07-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG

It goes both ways...see?

Thats funny.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:21 PM
12 Second Club

It goes both ways...see?
Funny, my Z28 lives for corners. You have to admit it IS a bit of a ricer arguement to state that these are "straight line only" cars. Yes, probably most get them to go drag racing, but that DOES NOT mean they will not handle quite well, thank you. Just go on the handling/road race forums or frrax.com if you really think f bodies cannot go around a turn.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Old 07-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Teching In

haha, nice pic. I never said the Z28 was a horrible handler, just responding to the guy who said the NSX was for people afriad of power, which was an equally moronic comment. However, the Z28, is sub par in the handling department, lets not make it out to be more of a car than it is. The Chrysler 300 SRT pulls more lateral G's on the skid pad.

Last edited by CTSVSL65AMG; 07-12-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Staging Lane

Haha, that is great!
Old 07-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

BWAHAHAHHA!! Damn, that was hilarious..
Old 07-12-2006, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LSINA7
Haha, that is great!
Looks like he's just waiting for the rice to catch up. Maybe he's just taking a smoke break since his lead is soo big!!
Old 07-12-2006, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

dude i saw tokyo drift, ill just drift around those corners...no problem.

on a serious note, if you get some good suspension and lower the camaro, it would do pretty good around those corners. well that is, unless you cant drive.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

It goes both ways...see?

no it doesnt go both ways. i know plenty of rich guys who have camaros. not only the "not so rich" guys own them. if i was rich i would still own one. makes no difference if i have money or not. It would be cool to put a lsx motor into a nsx though. anyways i dont hate the nsx, it looks cool. i like acceleration myself so cornering isnt that important to me. just my .02 though....
Old 07-12-2006, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

NSX ARE UGLY!!! they are a wannabe supercar that is too slow.....a turbo civic could beat it! these cars shouldnt even be talked about in the same sentence as a ls1 or any ls
they simply do not have a chance!
Old 07-12-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Regular

i have been living in Japan since 92 and I was driving around in a NSX for 93 and 94 it was my boss car it was nice but most turbo cars were just as fast that car is fast cause it is light there is a turbo available and a S/C from HKS I think? I dont know about in the USA but in Japan there are NSX-R these are faster.Just for yall info the fastest stock japanese 14 mile time to date is a 1996 R33 Skyline GTR v spec 2 and that is 13.00.(quicker than R 34s)
BTW Its like driving a fast sedan Italian and American sports cars are a much better driving experiance.Although Japanese and german have perhaps better build quality.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:02 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread has run it's course, imo....

Good kill...
Old 07-13-2006, 05:56 AM
On The Tree

some people here are in denial and/or smoking crack.....

-ALL MAINSTREAM MAGS( not counting honda or import mags) got 12.9-13.4 at 106-110 mph for bone stock 1997 and up NSX's with manual transmissions....The fastest privatly owned bone stock time is 12.6...

-All magazines ( not counting GM tech or the like of other american only publications) got 13.4-13.8 at 104-108 mph for the mn6 F body....The fastest privatly owned bone stock time is 12.8....
In short...Weather you compare magazine times or actual owner times the NSX is the faster car stock for stock...

In a Popular science article putting the NSX and camaro in a 1/4 mile race at the same track at the same time with the same drivers..
the NSX pulled a 13.1 to the camaros 13.4
Though it must be said that a bone stock WS6 pulled a 13.1 and a bone stock FRC Vette pulled a 12.9...
This 13.1 was a Average time for the NSX...The 13.4 was an average time for the Camaro..
The 12.9 and 13.1 for the Vette and bird were both out standing times....The point is..It takes a very strong and well driven Fbody to even match the AVERAGE performance from an NSX..
So in terms of straight line acelleration the NSX is faster no matter how you look at it..

I get really upset when people praise the LS1 and say it's so fast...But then put down the NSX and say it's slow ( when stock for stock it's the faster car)

I have a white 2004 C5...My friend has a white 2005 NSX....We parked them side by side and visualy his NSX makes my car look like a tall peice of junk with panels that dont fit quite right.....It was the first time my car didnt look low and wide in my eyes...

I had a 1998 camaro that I parked beside my vette the day I traded it in...My C5 made my camaro look the way his NSx makes my c5 look..
In short. Visually the Camaro and NSX cant even be mentioned in the same breath around anyone who actually knows about cars...
So visually the Nsx owns the camaro...

The interior on my friends 2005 NSX EASILY rivals the interior of the 2004 M3 that he traded in for it ( wich is light years beyond my C5) wich intern is light years beyond the interior that my 1998 camaro had...
the NSX easily toples the camaro in the interior...

As for turning or the twisties I WONT EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME

Then theirs the heritage...The camaro has a history that is really only beaten by the Corvette....
But dont forget that back in the early 90's the NSX was the car that toppled ferrari as well as porshe and was the FIRST ALL ALUMINUM SUPERCAR....Back in the early 90's a 13.9 was EXTREMELY fast...Supercar fast...
back in 1997 when the NSX was running 12.9....The 345 HP and 350 TQ C5 was only running 13.1.....Not till the C5 was bumped up to 350 HP and 375 Tourque in 2001 was it able to run a 12.9.....As well the 385 HP 2001 Z06 was only running a 12.6...
It took the C5 FIVE years to be able to have a mainstream magazine ( popular science) say the vette could run a 12.9 bone stock like Motor trend had a stock NSX do (on TV) back in 1998....

The F body never once had a main stream publication reach this mark..yes american only Ford and chevy mags yes....But never somthing like motor trend or popular science thats not biased...

The edge still goes to the camaro for heritage..But dont take the NSX lightly. It changed the way the world looked at SUPERCARS...

Then some of you say that it's slow for the money...Money is EXTREMELY different to different people....
My friend makes 40 grand per month after all his taxes are paid and all his expeses are paid for his buisness...40 grand per month actually going in his pocket....Pretty good for only 35 IMHO....
After all my buisness expenses are paid and taxes.. I put 10 grand per month into my pocket....
The average person puts 2,500 per month into their pocket after taxes..
So my friend puts 480 grand into his acount per year..
I put 120 grand into my account per year..
The average persone puts 30 grand into thier account per year..
All after taxes of course...
My friend makes 4 TIMES more per year than I do....So him buying a 90 grand NSX is equivelent to me buying a 22,500 dollar 2002 SS camaro....
My friend makes SIXTEEN times more than the average person putting 30 grand into their account after taxes per year...
Him buying a 90 grand NSX is iquivelent to an average persone buying a used 1999 V6 camaro for 5,500 dollars....
To us regular people...90 grand seems like such an huge amount of money..And for that mch money the car should be ruuning 10's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But to many of the owners of these 90 grand NSX's...It's just a 2002 SS camaro or used 1999 V6 camaro in terms of price to their income.

So stop comparing price and start comaring the cars...Other than the F body being close in straight line performance there is no comparison...