Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Street racing = expensive tickets

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shackleford
Are you an idiot? No one said anything about that. Stop absurdly exaggerating. You know damn well I was referring to the harsh laws given to "street racing." Imbecile.
Stop using big words to make yourself look smart.

The harsh laws are there for a reason. I'm not gonna try to act like I dont, but to say **** the law because they dont want us driving like idiots makes you look stupid.

Take it to the track or find a back country road and quit bitching.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chadtx01
Stop using big words to make yourself look smart.

The harsh laws are there for a reason. I'm not gonna try to act like I dont, but to say **** the law because they dont want us driving like idiots makes you look stupid.

Take it to the track or find a back country road and quit bitching.
I'm sorry you think those are "big words." Nice try, though. When I street race SAFELY, I am not "driving like an idiot."
Old 07-13-2006, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is stupid. Why is the law so hard on "street racing." ******* idiots. CHANGE THE LAWS.
Joking X 3
Old 07-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Staging Lane

Are you an idiot? No one said anything about that. Stop absurdly exaggerating. You know damn well I was referring to the harsh laws given to "street racing." Imbecile.
Looks to me like you are the idiot. This is you talking. "Lets make the laws less harsh so people won't be scared of getting tickets and getting their car impounded. That way, more people will race up and down public highways doing 120 and more people will die, including all innocents, moms and kids trying to just drive somewhere."
Old 07-13-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm sorry you think those are "big words." Nice try, though. When I street race SAFELY, I am not "driving like an idiot."
Unless its a completely deserted street you're not doing it safely. There is too much stuff that can happen that puts not only you, but other people at risks.

I'm not saying I dont race on the street, but thats why the laws are there. And if you're on a completely deserted street, you shouldnt have to worry about cops.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

Yes you are.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by pakisho
If they catch you racing in CA they usually arrest you, beat you, lock you up, throw away the key, display you in a zoo twice a year, dismantle your car and sell the parts on ebay, go to your house, drink all your beer and shoot your dog.
Haha, that's if you drive an import. I used to go to the Ontario street races regularly and I'd pass by assloads of imports with cops popping the hood and cuffing everyone in the car while they looked for illegal crap. I've had cops tailing me leaving the racing spots and never been pulled over. Haven't been for a while since I heard once they got a bunch of cops and quickly ran lines of like 10 squad cars across both ends of the street, trapping everyone inside, then proceeded to cite them all. Glad I didn't go that week
Old 07-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Teching In

When I street race SAFELY, I am not "driving like an idiot."
Did he really just say that?
Old 07-13-2006, 02:37 PM
12 Second Club

Maybe he's in a Geo Metro? That way he is never breaking the speed limit and a cop would never think he is recklessly driving even if he tached the thing out.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sk8runeg
Maybe he's in a Geo Metro? That way he is never breaking the speed limit and a cop would never think he is recklessly driving even if he tached the thing out.
Don't knock the Metro man.. My ex-wifes was a beast in the snow.. Those thin azz tires would cut right thru the snow and with it's crasy TQ numbers, well traction wasn't an issue.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sk8runeg
Dude, sorry about your ticket and sorry that we ended up hijacking your thread too.

Its part of the game we play though, it sucks when we get caught.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Launching!

This is stupid. Why is the law so hard on "street racing." ******* idiots. CHANGE THE LAWS.
yeah ****** idiots! GOOSH!! they should just let us street race and go 150 on the freeway and if we kill a family we should just get a small ticket that could get dismissed with a driving course. Stupid lawmakers. DUde seriously do all of us ls1 drivers a favor and "go drink all your beer" but dont shoot your dog shoot your self.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:41 PM
12 Second Club

hahaha I think the Geo Metro is the only car that gets better gas mileage than it has HP lol
Old 07-13-2006, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

Wow. I never realized how many mindless idiots are. I never said anything about "them" letting us race 150 mph down the expressway, running over babies and elderly people while sipping Bacardi on our birthday. I'd venture to say the "safe" street racers race when there are not that many people on the expressway/highway/whatever. It IS possible for something unexpected to occur during that time and it IS possible for something unexpected to occur when I'm going the speed limit. Duh. Of course, driving over the speed limit gives you less of a buffer in the perception-reaction time in which to act accordingly.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow. I never realized how many mindless idiots are. I never said anything about "them" letting us race 150 mph down the expressway, running over babies and elderly people while sipping Bacardi on our birthday. I'd venture to say the "safe" street racers race when there are not that many people on the expressway/highway/whatever. It IS possible for something unexpected to occur during that time and it IS possible for something unexpected to occur when I'm going the speed limit. Duh. Of course, driving over the speed limit gives you less of a buffer in the perception-reaction time in which to act accordingly.
Man, its funny how we are the idiots when you are the one post **** like you are.

This is stupid. Why is the law so hard on "street racing." ******* idiots. CHANGE THE LAWS
Its also funny how much your demeanor has changed since your first post. Just admit it, what you said was stupid and if anybody is an idiot here, its you.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lets eliminate the speed limits and allow people to haul *** everywhere and drive recklessly and endanger not only themselves but anybody else in the general vicinity.
Hell yea!! Finally a good idea comes from you Chad!
Old 07-13-2006, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Camaroz
Hell yea!! Finally a good idea comes from you Chad!
You mean you didnt like the one where I suggested you take all the seatbelts and airbags out of your car?
Old 07-13-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

You mean you didnt like the one where I suggested you take all the seatbelts and airbags out of your car?
It looked good on paper but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Camaroz
It looked good on paper but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.
We'll work on it later. I'm telling you, it will pay off in the long run. Think of it as weight reduction to make up for your stock exhaust
Old 07-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Launching!

what about taking off the doors,hood, rear hatch, and ttops. Major weight reduction